Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Farming...with bombs

Farming...with bombs

First it was the broken down trucks. Now it’s explosive devices. For years, when forum suggestions to add activities like hunting to the game—or even fermentation of crops for alcoholic beverages—have appeared, we’ve confidently replied that Hay Day was a safe place to be. Nothing dies in Hay Day was the standard response.

Actually, first it was the derby that added competition and tension and the possibility of “failure” and “letting down the team”. Up until then, the worst that could happen (and still does) is that you save up help thank you gift cards and get a pile of wood. That qualifies as disappointment. Derby trophy prizes are invariably disappointing. Bombs that destroy prizes are...sorry, speechless.

Farmers have requested mini-games. This fundamentally looks like a good idea. The suspense of flipping cards is a good idea, especially with a sneak peek at what’s behind them. However, why not just have a card that means you you can’t flip any more?

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

I'm also not a fan of that sneak peek.

Maybe we can use the bomb for fishing afterwards would save some lures...
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

Centennial Club
    I'm wondering how common scrolls might be in those cards. I'm considering the strategy of pushing my luck until I get a scroll or lose everything. I'll have to see how it works. Other than the possibility of getting scrolls, I don't see much point in that part of the next update. I'll just have to wait and see.

Susanna
    Level 145, Town level 40, 144/144 Achievements
    Purchased last of all available house, truck and stand options from Maggie: November 18, 2019
    144th Achievement: December 18, 2019

I don’t see how a bomb card ending a mini-game compares to adding things like hunting and alcoholic beverages! We already win/trade/use explosives to do mining, so it’s not really a “new” feature. If bombs were being used to blow up animals or buildings or other players’ farms I would agree with your point. But this seems pretty benign to me.

Maybe replace the undesired visual representation by a black lightning? I feel bad for those mining tools that are in the game for such a long time.

I didn't watch the video, but if diamonds can be used to counter the "black lightning", then I see it as a way to buy those items uncovered, if you really really really want them. Coule be a better option than mystery chests where we pay diamond to unlock without even knowing what we gonna get .

Diamond is simply a time saver, anything can be achieved in Hay Day if player spends enough time in the game.
    It's called LUNAR new year. Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Latest update: Diamond confirmation list

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 140♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by ZebraHeart View Post
    We already win/trade/use explosives to do mining, so it’s not really a “new” feature. If bombs were being used to blow up animals or buildings or other players’ farms I would agree with your point. But this seems pretty benign to me.
    In my opinion, the explosives we use for mining are tools that we use for a constructive purpose. Bombs are weapons that are used for destruction. While I agree that blowing up prizes we’ve won isn’t as bad as blowing up animals or buildings, it’s still using a weapon for a destructive purpose, and I don’t think it belongs in Hay Day.

ZebraHeart, I had actually forgotten about the mining explosives. Somehow, for me, they feel like a tool that I am choosing to use in a purposeful manner, whereas the bomb feels like something purely destructive—and in the case of this mini-game it IS purely destructive.

I agree with meonhoc that some different representation would help. Maybe a lock since we can technically unlock our winnings with diamonds.

EDIT: Snap! LuvHayDay, we were replying at the same time. I agree entirely!
    Last edited by MiniGardener; December 14th, 2019 at 10:00 PM.

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Maybe replace the undesired visual representation by a black lightning? I feel bad for those mining tools that are in the game for such a long time.

I didn't watch the video, but if diamonds can be used to counter the "black lightning", then I see it as a way to buy those items uncovered, if you really really really want them. Coule be a better option than mystery chests where we pay diamond to unlock without even knowing what we gonna get ...
    Fascinating idea, meonhoc. Team Clash Royale has a similar feature when we get a lightning chest with a set of cards as rewards. If we don't like the card, we may tap it and a light strikes and destroys it to reveal a new card. We have 3 strikes per lighting chest.

---
    Lynn
    December 14, 2019
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

I see no issue with it. It’s no worse than playing minesweeper on a windows computer.

Political correctness is so out of control. It's a game people. It's a bomb in a game. Nothing is going to be hurt.