Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Th13 New War Weight Doubts

Th13 New War Weight Doubts

Ok, we know the heavy war weights are: xbow, eagle, infernos, and bomb towers.

But now with the new th13 defenses, are we to assume scattershot is also a heavy war weight? Can't find anything with Google and I like keeping my 8 accts with low war weights, and hesitant to add scattershot to my 2 th13s.

Thanks for any information!!

If there's an updated war weight calculator, would be awesome, too. Clash on!
    Main account NICK: Sevillano

8 total accounts... Loving to clash!!

I would think it has a relatively high war weight but that it won't really matter at TH13 since the heaviest def is the TH.

There are whole discussions in the war subforum on the true impact of certain defenses on matchmaking as opposed to the war map. From my, and others, experience, the impact on matchmaking of going the .5 route is far less effective than it used to be. Also, as noted above, the biggest factor is that town hall with the giga. For war weight calculators, they have always been suspect. Supercel adjusts things from time to time in matchmaking behind the scenes.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

War weight calculators are plentiful. But since they rarely agree, it is safe to say there is a fair amount of guesswork involved.

Given what you have already said, you can trust your gut concerning the weight of the scatter shot. My guess would be more than an xbow, less than upgrading the giga inferno. Given most splash defense seem to carry more weight, I can speculate it might be on the high side of this range.

But watch how bases line up in war, with and without it. Then follow your gut.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    War weight calculators are plentiful. But since they rarely agree, it is safe to say there is a fair amount of guesswork involved.

Given what you have already said, you can trust your gut concerning the weight of the scatter shot. My guess would be more than an xbow, less than upgrading the giga inferno. Given most splash defense seem to carry more weight, I can speculate it might be on the high side of this range.

But watch how bases line up in war, with and without it. Then follow your gut.
    Agree with this.. they do splash damage, which affects numerous troops per shot.. Hence, splash tends to carry more weight than point.
    Also agree with all whom say weight is irrelevant at 13.. Once you unlock the hall at both 12 and 13, then everything else is simply extra..
    A 12 tended to carry weights that created a 12 on the other side.. It is safe to assume a 13 will do likewise..

All you are trying to do is lessen the effect, which leads to the danger of leaving your own base open..
    War weight is for lower halls and engineering mate.

Forum Veteran
    Apparently th13 1* do not adding any visible weight, i did not gain any weight going from th12 to th13 at 2 of my accts, one kept at 117 and the other at 119, 1 scattershot at 1k, rc add another 1k.

It seems the th13 unlike th12 don’t penalize us from th upgrading for extra weights

seems th13 will open some possibilities of engineering, let keep the open mind.

so I dont agree with Josh, once u go to th13 anything else is extra, because done properly it still very much possible to optimize your war weight at th13
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Apparently th13 1* do not adding any visible weight, i did not gain any weight going from th12 to th13 at 2 of my accts, one kept at 117 and the other at 119, 1 scattershot at 1k, rc add another 1k.

It seems the th13 unlike th12 don’t penalize us from th upgrading for extra weights

so I dont agree with Josh, once u go to th13 anything else is extra, because done properly it still very much possible to optimize your war weight at th13
    It makes sense because there is almost no difference in the defensive strength going from max gigatesla to level one gigainferno.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post

OK mate.. Thx for heads up.. I hammered 13 on last cwl day, so havent looked at weight.. And my scattershot are only just started cooking..
    They created a problem if they dont place a buffer between 12 and 13.. The weight conscious will take notice real quick (seems they already have)..
    Not a good day for regular war I guess

Edit.. Am guessing you meant level 5 giga tesla 2222.. Which if it is, it makes sense and I can agree with..
    Only problem is that the hall carries the heaviest defence for the hall, thus usually provides a natural buffer..
    Keeping giga inferno at 1 allows all other upgrades at minimum cost, thus allowing the account to hunt down 12s with the draw (so to speak.. with the knowledge the draw is full roster weight)
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 14th, 2019 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    OK mate.. Thx for heads up.. I hammered 13 on last cwl day, so havent looked at weight.. And my scattershot are only just started cooking..
    They created a problem if they dont place a buffer between 12 and 13.. The weight conscious will take notice real quick (seems they already have)..
    Not a good day for regular war I guess

Edit.. Am guessing you meant level 5 giga tesla 2222.. Which if it is, it makes sense and I can agree with..
    Only problem is that the hall carries the heaviest defence for the hall, thus usually provides a natural buffer..
    Keeping giga inferno at 1 allows all other upgrades at minimum cost, thus allowing the account to hunt down 12s with the draw (so to speak.. with the knowledge the draw is full roster weight)
    Yes max gigatesla to level 1 gigainferno is almost the same defensive ability.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Yes max gigatesla to level 1 gigainferno is almost the same defensive ability.
    I dont think that is the critical part to JoshGD post. For TH12, a lot of weight was added for just the TH at level 1. For TH13 with no corresponding weight increase by going to TH13, the engineers out there get essentially an almost free pass to get all the offensive TH13 goodies without incurring a heavy war weight component. Letís all welcome the lopsiders back into the fold shall we?