Thread: Clan War Matchmaking

Fresh Spawn

Clan War Matchmaking

Ok so I知 the leader of a clan and I recently started matchmaking for a 10 v 10 clan war. This is my first clan war so I was just wondering what type of clan we will be put against as I知 TH12 (tho not maxed out by any means) and the rest of my clan is between TH4 and TH7. I知 just wondering whether I知 going to end up throwing the matchmaking off so we get stormed by a rly good clan or are we going to be put against a lower level clan where I can just storm everyone. Also how long do you reckon the matchmaking will take and do I have to be on the app or can I leave it running as a background app even tho it restarts whenever I go back into it. Cheers

The matchmaker will look to try and match the top hall(s), and also try to find something similar to yourselves, within a tolerance..
    Since your roster will be an oddball, judging by your post, it may well find it difficult..
    You may get a match against a 12, and halls varying between 3 and 8 (or even an 11, plus either a more rushed 11 or 10 instead of the 12)..
    More likely, the search will spin for 24 hours, then you will get a no match found message at the end.

The best and quickest way to match, is to have halls closer together, without any hall size missing.. This is very common break down..
    You can play around with the halls a bit, and may get some advantage..
    But I feel you will likely need to leave your 12 at home on this one, and replace it with something between a 3 and an 8, maybe even sneak a 9 in..

Can only suggest you start the spin.. Let it run, and you never know.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 14th, 2019 at 03:14 PM.

If you do have trouble finding a match, here is a crazy idea that just might work.

Leave your TH12 on the bench. Take just the 4 thru 7s to war.

You'll find a match using the narrower spread, and donations from the single super town hall will provide an advantage.

Edit: Ninjaed by JoshsGrandad, one of more knowledgeable war and matchmaking posters on the forums.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; December 14th, 2019 at 03:27 PM.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    If you do have trouble finding a match, here is a crazy idea that just might work.

Leave your TH12 on the bench. Take just the 4 thru 7s to war.

You'll find a match using the narrower spread, and donations from the single super town hall will provide an advantage.

Edit: Ninjaed by JoshsGrandad, one of more knowledgeable war and matchmaking posters on the forums.
    I agree. There is nothing wrong with giving it a try, but you might find it very hard to get a match because there aren't many other clans like yours also searching for a match. In the past the matchmaker would probably have favored giving you a very uneven match (like giving the other team the advantage at the bottom but you the big advantage at the top) rather than let your search go for days, but now the matchmaker is more likely to let that search just go and go until it finds something similar.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.