Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CWL new clan stack ranking page (tab) based on a RATIO

CWL new clan stack ranking page (tab) based on a RATIO

Please take the time to read this carefully before posting comments.

Currently, at the end of CWL, we give bonuses based on the clan stack ranking page. But some good attackers are crying foul and here is the problem:

The most rushed bases are at the bottom of the line up, and consequently they get the easiest targets to attack. The rushed bases may be able to 3 star a town hall lower than themselves, but they also give up 3 stars to the enemy most times.

Meanwhile, players with balanced bases give the enemy a harder target, and typically get a lower score compared to the bottom of the line up. However, the balanced players often did better against the enemy then the enemy did on them.

The current stats page favors the rushed and hurts the balanced. It comes down to being an asset or a liability during the week. Players who are true assets are tired of seeing bonuses go to the liabilities just because they end the week at the top of the clan ranking page.

Granted, all this could be figured out manually, but it would be so great to have another ranking page based on the stars lost/won ratio. Less than 100% means you gave more stars/damage than you got, and over 100% means you earned more stars/damage than you lost defensively.

This request is about being more fair to the balanced players who work hard to build strong defenses.

Thanks for reading,

I was in a clan where the leader used the week's war stars to decide who got the medals.... I left. Any leader who is that blind to the realities of the war week was not going to be worth my time. I agree the stat is skewed, but I also believe it's meaningless to anyone with half a brain, so I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Agree the CWL stats could be extended, I myself would not mind having more verbose information, such as what you suggest.

That said though, I do not believe any stats could negate the need for analysis as to "whom faired better", there is no "one size fits all solution". Defensive success is dependent upon whom attacked you, for which there is no choice, nor control. If you are the number 10 base, and the #1 opponent dips and hits you for ☆☆☆, while you attack your peer for ☆☆ are you weak since you gave up a -1 star differential?

But yes I do agree that members should dislike "seeing bonuses go to the liabilities just because they end the week at the top of the clan ranking page" But that is a Clan Leadership issue, regardless of what stats they provide.
    Last edited by rowman; December 13th, 2019 at 10:34 PM.

In my clan we don't use any sort of tracking pages to keep track of things.
    We don't give bonuses based on how people perform due to the fact that we sometimes require higher ths to dip and take out a lower th.
    We do give bonuses based on merit and activity. Basically, those who are contributing to the clan: helping to fill the defensive ccs, donating stuff for attacks, giving sound attack advice or base design advice, etc.
    Also, making sure they use every attack for any of the 7 wars they are in. Missed one attack? You just lost your chance at a bonus.
    We are a th10+ clan so we try to give a bonus to at least one of each th; one bonus for a th13, one for a th12, one for a th11, and one for a th10. After that, whoever else we (that is the leaders) have discussed get bonuses.
    But we do all this manually as there is no "auto" tracker to track merit.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    In my clan we don't use any sort of tracking pages to keep track of things.
    We don't give bonuses based on how people perform due to the fact that we sometimes require higher ths to dip and take out a lower th.
    We do give bonuses based on merit and activity. Basically, those who are contributing to the clan: helping to fill the defensive ccs, donating stuff for attacks, giving sound attack advice or base design advice, etc.
    Also, making sure they use every attack for any of the 7 wars they are in. Missed one attack? You just lost your chance at a bonus.
    We are a th10+ clan so we try to give a bonus to at least one of each th; one bonus for a th13, one for a th12, one for a th11, and one for a th10. After that, whoever else we (that is the leaders) have discussed get bonuses.
    But we do all this manually as there is no "auto" tracker to track merit.
    Sounds interesting. Might try it. Currently, I use an entirely scientific method called leader's choice. I hand them out to those I think need them most. I'll get the occasional gripe but the do you want to be the leader question shuts it down quickly.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I barely look at that thing OP when we decide to hand out medals. I really don't think it is a good way to decide how to give bonus medals in a thing that is supposed to be a team event. Why should a fully max player, for example, get the medals for performing well when we know the clan would benefit more from one of the non-max players getting the medals to use for a hero upgrade? That is just one example. We basically try to keep it even among the CWL participants and always also give some packs out to players who are not advanced enough to take part, but are good active mates that help the clan in other ways.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Sounds interesting. Might try it. Currently, I use an entirely scientific method called leader's choice. I hand them out to those I think need them most. I'll get the occasional gripe but the do you want to be the leader question shuts it down quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I barely look at that thing OP when we decide to hand out medals. I really don't think it is a good way to decide how to give bonus medals in a thing that is supposed to be a team event. Why should a fully max player, for example, get the medals for performing well when we know the clan would benefit more from one of the non-max players getting the medals to use for a hero upgrade? That is just one example. We basically try to keep it even among the CWL participants and always also give some packs out to players who are not advanced enough to take part, but are good active mates that help the clan in other ways.
    For me CWL are clan assets, they go where they'll benefit the clan best. Last campaign they went to the guys that jumped to TH13 & the weakest base.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    ...Why should a fully max player, for example, get the medals for performing well when we know the clan would benefit more from one of the non-max players getting the medals to use for a hero upgrade?
    Actually, if attacking mirrors, the fully maxed base doesn't need the medals, but also being at the top of the line up, is not likely to 3 star other maxed bases as the players sitting at the bottom of the line up. Until the update, our entire line up was TH12's, but they vary from the maxed to the rushed.

I over simplified how we do things for the sake of this post. We don't go straight down the ranking list, but the current list (guide) is somewhat misleading, which was the reason for requesting additional stats for a secondary "guide". If my ratio stats request was added to the game, we still wouldn't go straight down that list either. But that listing would carry more weight in decision making than the current ranking page. The current page, and the new page combined would tell a more complete story about team contributions.

Quick reply to who said they give bonus based on who filled the CC's and other team contributions... Nice idea, but unless someone says, "I filled some of the CC's today", how would you know? Most have two bases in the line up, so you can't know by the base with no troops yet.
    Last edited by Donsch; December 14th, 2019 at 11:41 AM. Reason: grammar fix, left out a word

Quote Originally Posted by Donsch View Post
    Quick reply to who said they give bonus based on who filled the CC's and other team contributions... Nice idea, but unless someone says, "I filled some of the CC's today", how would you know? Most have two bases in the line up, so you can't know by the base with no troops yet.
    Which, by the way, is another stat that it would be nice to be added to the CWL summary page, War CC troop seats donated.
    Last edited by rowman; December 14th, 2019 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Which, by the way, is another stat that it would be nice to be added to the CWL summery page, War CC troop seats donated.

Agreed, simply adding the stats would likely encourage more people to contribute. As it is now, the same people do it every war, and getting extra help is like pulling teeth. Not seeing this gives the lazy (and the cheap) an easy out.