Thread: Copy layout issue - decorations

Copy layout issue - decorations

Copy layout issue - decorations

After the update, the Layout editor behaviour was changed. It is so good - it should not place the decorations to the layout to save the layout.

But Copy layout behaviour is also changed (both by Visit or link): the decorations are not copied! Why? there are no matters not to do that.
    In previous behaviour the decorations are copied correctly.
    The two (copy and save) behaviour have no root cause, they work independently.
    previous behaviour of copy layout:
    -copied all items (decorations too) what there are in the copied layout and you have too.
    -if you have more items over in the copied layout, they will be in your inventory (like items with collision too)
    -of course, items - what you have not - will not copied
    And, with the new SAVE behaviour of the update, you can save and activate the layout immediately after the copying (without inserting all your decorations)

This problem is most painful in those special (Xmas) times (because the special obstacles), when all items are needed to cover the client area.

Can the SC bring back the previous behaviour for copy layout?

Inside my TH watching it snow on my village
    Anoushka made an official announcement about this issue. Please see this thread for more information: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12432613
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    For humor: Tips and tricks on how to get people to see your posts
    —Kooky KO

Thanks for your answer.

The suggested post describes another problem - not relevant my problem with decorations.

-Of course i searched my problem in the Forum before i wrote my post. I had read already your suggested post before i wrote my post.
    -That post describes "bug" - about layout saving (after copying shared layout), and not a "behaviour" - about decorations _while copying layout_ (missing all decorations). I wrote i have no problem with new saving behaviour ("so good") - since i tested it under 13.0.13, i have no problem with saving blocked by a decorations. But i have that problem: after the copied layout appears in the village editor, all decorations are missing from the map - instead they are in the inventory.
    -I tested it with a "visit" (so visit to another player and copy layout), and through a link - same result. I tested it with copy to Home Village and War Base - same result.
    I comment, that the visited and copied layout has decorations, of course, and i (the destination) have too.
    I tested it again with this link: https://link.clashofclans.com/en?act...Kcwra4pWNRx-TP
    But i comment that when i copy my layout to another slot, the copy behaviour is correct - like before (the previous behaviour before the update).
    So it is very simple to bring back the previous behaviour for copying from another village (i decsribed it in detail in my post).

You should agree/understand that the previous pehaviour is the correct/good behaviour against the present behaviour. It was good for people who not use decorations, who use decorations, or who temporally stash his decorations. But now, who use decorations, he should do hard work to place all decorations to right place.

So, i think the world will be better if the previous behaviour of copying layout with decorations will be bring back.
    Should i write to a different place to reach SC?

Are the decoration in that base link placed or not? Can we get the original source please?
    You dont have to place them in every layout.

I have an awful guess. The right/previous behaviour goes away because the other bugs under saving the layout.
    So, if no decorations, no problems with that while saving... simple! (just when some who place that to the top corner manually...)
    I hope that is only a hot workaround, and after SC will elliminate the bugs with saving, the previous decoration copying behaviour will bring back.

of course, there are (all) decorations, as i wrote: "I comment, that the visited and copied layout has decorations, of course, and i (the destination) have too."
    I comment, it was TH10, and the destination is TH10 also. Both village have the all decorations.
    Untitled2.png

If someone are thinking by visual and not textual: I post the pic with decorations in the inventory (instead of the map) - after copying the layout by the link.
    I do not know exactly about my quota, but i should decrase the resolution of my pic to upload, sorryUntitled4.png

Hm, it seems there are no more answers, so i guess another thing:
    After the update, the decorations can placed to the border. If the Copy Layout procedure cannot calculate with the border area (but only with the 44x44 client area, as before time), there is a problem of the programmers. Hot solutions is still the "no decorations, no problems", but for customer, it is not so good...
    The "own" copy layout (copy own layout to another slot) is another problem, since that can be a binary copy, while copy from another village should be with full recalculations because possible different TH level, and different items presented.
    So, if that new behaviour is really just a hot workaround, i still waiting for the previous/good behaviour will bring back.

This behaviour is still present in the new version today: 13.0.21

Inside my TH watching it snow on my village
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat323 View Post
    This behaviour is still present in the new version today: 13.0.21
    Please do not bump your post to merely say it is not working. Supercell can only work so fast. Please wait patiently and refer to the link in my previous post to see the official announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by KookyKO View Post
    Anoushka made an official announcement about this issue. Please see this thread for more information: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12432613
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    For humor: Tips and tricks on how to get people to see your posts
    —Kooky KO