Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Google Play Account Switching Issues

Hey guys. Sorry for the late reply.(sad day today)
    The issue with not beeing able to switch between gplay accounts was reported a while back. It is most likely a server side issue at sc or google andshould be fixed in few hours.

Just have patience.

Edit:
    Looking at replys there is a workaround
    Last edited by wotanwaton; December 13th, 2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear38 View Post
    .... delete all Google play data in the settings (1st) and then uninstall (2nd) and reinstall Google play.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear38 View Post
    Let me know how that works.
    Yup! I tried everyone's suggestions step by step and rechecked each time to confirm what actually worked... And this was it.

Disabled Google Play Service
    Uninstalled Updates (Which deleted app with all kinds of warnings)
    Couldn't find Google Play Services in Play Store so I just started COC again
    It told me had to update Google Play Services and brought me to Play Store
    Updated - Opened COC and boom....... Was able to access stuck account

That being said, please note that deleting GPS might impact other app's that I don't run so I'm not certain that I would recommend this unless you're knowledgeable/confident in what you're doing.
    Last edited by NewtTheSlayer; December 13th, 2019 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewtTheSlayer View Post
    Yup! I tried everyone's suggestions step by step and rechecked each time to confirm what actually worked... And this was it.

Disabled Google Play Service
    Uninstalled Updates (Which deleted app with all kinds of warnings)
    Couldn't find Google Play Services in Play Store so I just started COC again
    It told me had to update Google Play Services and brought me to Play Store
    Updated - Opened COC and boom....... Was able to access stuck account

That being said, please note that deleting GPS might impact other app's that I don't run so I'm not certain that I would recommend this unless you're knowledgeable/confident in what you're doing.
    I cant remove google play services. From doing a bit of googling it looks like you need to have a rooted device? Is that correct? My disable button is greyed out and when i try to uninstall it gives me an error message basically saying computer says no!

Quote Originally Posted by shredder87 View Post
    I cant remove google play services. From doing a bit of googling it looks like you need to have a rooted device? Is that correct? My disable button is greyed out and when i try to uninstall it gives me an error message basically saying computer says no!
    You should be able to deactivate it (not uninstalling). Deactivating will uninstall the associated upate and turn it back to factory settings. Then it is inactive. Then start clash and it will tell you to activate and update the gplay service.

If you really cant deactivate the app you could wait until tomorrow (with hope that it fix itself) or do a factory reset (last option).

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25
    Downdetector shows several spikes in problems with Google Play in the past 24 hours: Google Play Problems in the Last 24 Hours
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    If you really cant deactivate the app you could wait until tomorrow (with hope that it fix itself) or do a factory reset (last option).
    I would highly recommend this. I had to disable a number of services before I was able to Disable GPS. (No, not rooted) I'm away from my tablet so I don't recall exactly what. I know one of them was "Locate/Lock Lost Device."

I wouldn't risk it unless you're really confident in your abilities. Usually when I have these issues it affects all of my accounts so I know it's Google Play and eventually they clear up on their own.

Ok, thanks for your help guys. Fingers crossed it fixes itself! luckily my other acct was signed in on an old tablet so at least i can still get on in the meantime. Will keep you updated...

Fresh Spawn
    I have the same problem, i can not switch accounts, should i wait to fix itself or i must do something?

Quote Originally Posted by panospit View Post
    I have the same problem, i can not switch accounts, should i wait to fix itself or i must do something?
    Read the posts and you will have the answere.🙄

So after more tinkering I have managed to fix the issues. I opened google play services and went, storage > manage storage > clear all data. got a message saying bad things will happen but clicked ok. now the game works fine again. I can switch between accounts as usual by typing CONFIRM.

Thanks again for being so helpful guys. A great first forum experience for me 👍
    Last edited by shredder87; December 14th, 2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: typo