Thread: When to go to th13 for cwl and/or normal wars

Centennial Club

When to go to th13 for cwl and/or normal wars

Hey all, my clan and I are enjoying this update. Thanks SC!

My question is when should a th12 that wasn't maxed (before the update) upgrade to th13 if their focus is war and cwl? Is it worth it to get the new hero upgraded earlier? The ones already at 13 in ours had max 12 heros and mostly max bases so it was a no brainer.

But the newer/mid level 12s I'm not too sure about. They've maxed war troops, heroes are about 135 ish combined ( mid to high 20s wardens, king 50s, Queen low 60s or high 50s).

In war they can clear 11s without problem and 2star strong to max 12s. Cwl most of them did decent 2star hits on max 12s so our max bases 3star their lowers. I'm just wondering how the th13 affects this

Thanks in advance

If you don't have a place to spend DE I would go up to TH13.... otherwise max out Heroes before moving up.
    Last edited by Jwp721; December 12th, 2019 at 03:40 PM.

Your guys have th11 heroes, not a chance in regular wars if they go th13.

You get a new dark hero at th13, so they wouldn't get the king and queen up to par that easily if they haven't already done so.

In cwl it makes sense to have more offense power if you already participated once.

In conclusion, if you do regular wars they should wait more to upgrade heroes.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by DoritosSk View Post
    Your guys have th11 heroes, not a chance in regular wars if they go th13.

You get a new dark hero at th13, so they wouldn't get the king and queen up to par that easily if they haven't already done so.

In cwl it makes sense to have more offense power if you already participated once.

In conclusion, if you do regular wars they should wait more to upgrade heroes.
    Yeah we already done cwl and in M2 with all th12 with about 6-7 th12 without maxed heros. Staying comfortable in that league so far, not too bothered about M1 or above as we are a pretty casual group. In normal wars, we had about 5-6 of those max hero 12s and had another 4 that were new to mid 12s, last 5 spots were like 2-3 th11 and 2-3 th10s (15 wars).

I'm a 13 with max 12 heros myself but i told them your advice and they didn't mind staying 12 to get queen and warden up especially. They have anti 3 layouts that I shared them and most 12s don't 3 them so all good. They're also unlocking the yeti and trying it out for fun lol. Is it good in the meta?

Just hoping that our non max 12s won't hurt us too much when th13 is thrown in normal wars and cwl.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Forum Legend
    For CWL, the answer is easy, bigger is always better so the sooner the better.
    For regular war depends a lot on clan composition and if you are expected to clear/attack your general equal or if you are asked to dip and clear.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    For CWL, the answer is easy, bigger is always better so the sooner the better.
    For regular war depends a lot on clan composition and if you are expected to clear/attack your general equal or if you are asked to dip and clear.
    Yep we do normal wars of 15 size too, posted roster in above post. Do you think newish/mid th12s will end up being cast out of Masters leagues cwl, eventually with clans bringing all 13s?