Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Heroes upgrade time break 7 days barrier

  1. #31
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1986 View Post
    What? Like SC offers us books every 3 days? How do you find the books? Also, 500 gems for each, do you get 500 gems every 3 days?

    There are clans, like mine, that do wars every weekend. Now, some players can only participate one war every 2 weeks.
    The guys below are offering good advice, I'd recommend you pay heed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Dont forget your builder potions. 1 or 2 can knock enough time off so you can fit in the weekend wars. Combined with books and hammers should keep you in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Exactly right. You can drop a hero every week between your wars and use a potion. There is no need for you to miss any of your four wars a month. being creative and planning when to upgrade items for minimal impact is part of wise gameplay.
    Precisely citizens, a little forethought goes a long way in this game.

  2. #32
    Junior Member ArthasMenethil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    77
    The logic behind all those saying the increased time is to balance the gold pass and 6th builder is ridiculous. You aren’t getting them for free, they are meant to give you an advantage. There’s a price on the gold pass and then there’s the torcher of watching dumb troops AI on builder base while you trying to get the 6th builder and get it over with, and still the majority of my clan doesn’t have it even though they’re maxed on home village. Adding these few extra days have no purpose whatsoever but to irritate players, making the cap 14 and 7 days is perfectly fine, the extra time is meaningless, such a shame.
      I am a kid looking for amusement

  3. #33
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,799
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    The logic behind all those saying the increased time is to balance the gold pass and 6th builder is ridiculous. You aren’t getting them for free, they are meant to give you an advantage. There’s a price on the gold pass and then there’s the torcher of watching dumb troops AI on builder base while you trying to get the 6th builder and get it over with, and still the majority of my clan doesn’t have it even though they’re maxed on home village. Adding these few extra days have no purpose whatsoever but to irritate players, making the cap 14 and 7 days is perfectly fine, the extra time is meaningless, such a shame.
    I would say its mor to slow it down just a bit. Even without gold pass, you get plenty of magic items to speed things up. As far as otto, bh9 dropped in June. Plenty of time to rush just the things you need to unlock it. The additonal 12 hours, 1 day, or even 4 days doesnt bother me a bit. It's that much longer before I'm maxed again and bored.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  4. #34
    I can debate if itís good advice. Also, for someone, in this game, who talks about the impact of more then 7 days to upgrade heroes, is because heís around for quite some time. So, giving advice about books, potions, medals, CG, etc, itís a little empty, IMO. But others might found it usefull.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1986 View Post
    What? Like SC offers us books every 3 days? How do you find the books? Also, 500 gems for each, do you get 500 gems every 3 days?

    There are clans, like mine, that do wars every weekend. Now, some players can only participate one war every 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1986 View Post
    I don’t think is about patience. I think it’s about enjoying the game and progress on a good pace. If you don’t mind to have your heroes behind on upgrades and keep enjoying the game good for you. I don’t mind to wait for 16 days of a defense to upgrade. I don’t use them when I attack. And clan wars is a pretty important thing in the game. So, having the heroes is a must to enter on them.
    I won't miss a single war with my main account and will be a max th13 long before th14 drops, including heroes long before the rest of my base is maxed. I won't be spending money other than the gold pass, but even without the gold pass I wouldn't have to miss any wars. I just simply choose on that account to take part in wars even if I have a full dark storage. After years of having a full dark storage from being maxed so often, you get used to it and realize it isn't a big deal. I will upgrade my heroes with books or hammers and not miss any wars. It is a choice.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    The logic behind all those saying the increased time is to balance the gold pass and 6th builder is ridiculous. You aren’t getting them for free, they are meant to give you an advantage. There’s a price on the gold pass and then there’s the torcher of watching dumb troops AI on builder base while you trying to get the 6th builder and get it over with, and still the majority of my clan doesn’t have it even though they’re maxed on home village. Adding these few extra days have no purpose whatsoever but to irritate players, making the cap 14 and 7 days is perfectly fine, the extra time is meaningless, such a shame.
    The increased time also might just be the natural progression of the game. As far as "balancing" new things it is absolutely not ridiculous. It makes perfect sense when considering the longer upgrade times to also think about a 6th builder. That cuts the upgrade times over the course of a full hall a lot. The gold pass does as well, but that isn't all. We now have free books, free potions and free hammers. We even have more in game events to earn free gems (not to mention free gems from clan games). The time between th13 and th14 will be longer than the time it takes an active player to max out th13, even without buying a single gem. You can't just look at the increased times without considering everything else. That would be ridiculous.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

  7. #37
    Junior Member ArthasMenethil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The increased time also might just be the natural progression of the game. As far as "balancing" new things it is absolutely not ridiculous. It makes perfect sense when considering the longer upgrade times to also think about a 6th builder. That cuts the upgrade times over the course of a full hall a lot. The gold pass does as well, but that isn't all. We now have free books, free potions and free hammers. We even have more in game events to earn free gems (not to mention free gems from clan games). The time between th13 and th14 will be longer than the time it takes an active player to max out th13, even without buying a single gem. You can't just look at the increased times without considering everything else. That would be ridiculous.
    Although, adding a 6th builder then increasing the time returns you to point zero. For those who were maxed before the update this won’t be an issue, but in a scenario you are upgrading from a lower townhall and not saving 2500 medals and 200 books for half a year since you’re using them to progress, it’s a massive let down to come to townhall 13 and check these upgrades times.
      I am a kid looking for amusement

  8. #38
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1986 View Post
    I can debate if it’s good advice. Also, for someone, in this game, who talks about the impact of more then 7 days to upgrade heroes, is because he’s around for quite some time. So, giving advice about books, potions, medals, CG, etc, it’s a little empty, IMO. But others might found it usefull.
    I can’t speak for Piper but I have been full maxxed TH12 for months and quite honestly a little bored. The only folks who would legitimatelyhave any concerns with TH13 hero upgrades are those who are pretty advanced in the game as well. For myself, If I was in a clan that only warred once a week, I could easily upgrade my heros for free in such a way that I would never miss a war. This is why i disagree with your statement that you cannot upgrade without missing out on war or without paying to not miss war.
    Last edited by Tosti111; December 14th, 2019 at 03:24 AM.

  9. #39
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,580
    Glad my clan seem quiet enough ... Just doing clan games and CWL....

    We don't have interest for regular war ...

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    Although, adding a 6th builder then increasing the time returns you to point zero. For those who were maxed before the update this won’t be an issue, but in a scenario you are upgrading from a lower townhall and not saving 2500 medals and 200 books for half a year since you’re using them to progress, it’s a massive let down to come to townhall 13 and check these upgrades times.
    I don't know what 200 books you are referencing, I had one of each. Whether you were maxed at th12 when th13 dropped or not, the total time to upgrade th13 likely won't be much different than prior halls, once you include the 6th builder, books and potions. The upgrade times aren't a let down to me (that doesn't mean they aren't to you). I like having stuff to upgrade. SC has always had a pretty good balance between the time it takes to upgrade new content and the rate at which new content drops. Active players can upgrade faster than the rate at which the new content is added such that max players max out and non-max players "catch up." When that has been out of balance it has gone the reverse of what you are suggesting and the new content was too easily maxed out before more content was added (the th11 to th12 time).

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •