Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Heroes upgrade time break 7 days barrier

Millennial Club
    If I recall didn't they say a year or more ago that they would not go past 7 for hero's and 14 for buildings?? Something to the tune of not wanting the grind to get too ridiculous??

I understand it takes more time to get more loot, so having longer times allows you to keep the same "pace". However, it also turns the game into too much of a grind. Then again...it's going to be nice to get all 5 builders busy and putting the phone down for days at a time, until I need to start to accumulate loot again....so maybe that's their plan...force people to work on their play-life balance...
    Last edited by pb913; December 12th, 2019 at 03:52 PM.

Forum Elder
    If you are using hammers or books does it really matter if it is 7 days or 47 days? With the amount of perks out there, it is hardly necessary to wait the full time.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with balancing the gold pass or 6th builder, it's just as with everything else in the game times increase.
    Just we have not seen it on hero's in years.
    Several years ago they informed us of their conscious decision to never have hero upgrades take long than 7 days or buildings longer than 14 days. I assume the reason for the change is the gold pass and I am fine with it to be honest. While I have never had the gold pass, having upgrades take a bit longer doesn't bother me as I always find myself fully maxed and bored at some point, so longer upgrades don't actually hurt.

Well, if you got the 6th builder it more than evens out.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

I was initially a bit put off by the longer times, but then I remembered what it was like to be a maxed th12 and how I longed for something to upgrade. With that in mind, things taking a little longer is fine by me. It does mean that I have to dump more loot on walls, even with the 6th builder.

Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    If I recall didn't they say a year or more ago that they would not go past 7 for hero's and 14 for buildings?? Something to the tune of not wanting the grind to get too ridiculous??

I understand it takes more time to get more loot, so having longer times allows you to keep the same "pace". However, it also turns the game into too much of a grind. Then again...it's going to be nice to get all 5 builders busy and putting the phone down for days at a time, until I need to start to accumulate loot again....so maybe that's their plan...force people to work on their play-life balance...
    One year ago we didn't have Gold pass and 6th builder either.

Centennial Club
    News flash: hero upgrade time increased in line with everything else. 14 day barrier smashed at TH13
    Last edited by TheRave; December 13th, 2019 at 07:28 AM.

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    Same for me. And I did th9 when it was still a grind of 40 extra hero levels most of them taking 7 days each with gems as only option to reduce time. And I received a lot less free gems at that time. So you won't hear me complaining.

BTW, there are 6 hero levels which take 8 days. This is not exactly 6 days with 20% gold pass time reduction. 

7.2 days with 20% reduction becomes 6 days, true. I had missed that there were 8 day upgrades, ah well, we'll be overflowing on Dark Elixir soon enough (couple of months, if we slack)
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    If you start TH13 as a maxed out TH12 it will take ~3 months to have the heroes maxed again. It will take ~7 months to have all buildings maxed as well. It will be less with gold pass, books, runes, hammers.
    Do the few days extra really matter?

with that logic then it wouldn't matter if it took a year. also you forget there will be a second round of upgrades coming later.

Also if its not a big deal then why increase time to begin with?

Bottom line is we always had a max days to upgrade across multiple th levels it cant be surprising not everyone is ecstatic about making it more slow/expensive to do it now.

Personally my frustration is always the same ... I can out farm any amount of builders.
    Last edited by otingocni; December 13th, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

7 days and 14 days were temporary plateaus probably chosen for psychological reasons due to our habit of thinking in days and weeks. They weren't barriers in any sense. Besides missing a fourth consecutive war while upgrading, what difference does an additional day make, really?

Sandy
    TheCrimsonKeep (#JQVJVUR): Serious war clan. th10+. Adults, supportive and friendly. Always improving.
    TheCrimsonKeep2 (#GVVU90VU): Casual war clan. Balanced th7+. Takes a day off between wars.
    TheCrimsonGate (#8J9QVPRCQ): Feeder to TCK and TCK2. Recruiting th7+. Learn the ropes.