Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...Until Great Birnam Wood to High Dunsinane Hill?

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep

...Until Great Birnam Wood to High Dunsinane Hill Shall Come?

I don't know when it occurred but a small tree popped up to the left of my mine. No, my left not your left.

Then I visited my hoodmates' farms. All of them have small trees or large trees next to their mines.

Did the trees move stealthily to our mines without detection like the soldiers grabbing branches and pretending to be trees to attack Macbeth's castle, thus fulfilling the prophecy?

BTW, the full line of the thread title comes from Act 4 of Shakespeare's play Macbeth.

"Macbeth shall never vanquished be until
    Great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill
    Shall come against him."

My English literature teacher would be amused that I was paying attention in her class as a teenager and quoting Shakespeare many years later in my adulthood. Thank you Ms. S.

---
    Lynn
    December 11, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 12th, 2019 at 07:49 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

...I was sure this is a spambot-thread, until I saw it's you who posted it and then I got curious and read it, lol.

Need to check for the trees; didn't notice anything different yesterday.

Edit: There is indeed a big tree there. I don't know if it was there before as well, though... I can't find any screenshot of my mine, unfortunately. I could check on my old phone when I'm at home, I guess xD.

Edit 2: Found a youtube-video from 2017 where you can see the tree(s) being present. Link to a screenshot here.
    Last edited by xSaturnx; December 12th, 2019 at 08:38 AM.

My mine doesn’t have a new tree next to it.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by xSaturnx View Post
    ...I was sure this is a spambot-thread, until I saw it's you who posted it and then I got curious and read it, lol.

...Edit: There is indeed a big tree there. I don't know if it was there before as well, though... I can't find any screenshot of my mine, unfortunately. I could check on my old phone when I'm at home, I guess xD.
    LOL, I'd like to think that I write better thread titles than spam bots.

And thank you for sharing the screenshot below.

Many years ago, I'm sure trees spawned next to my mine. But per my usual practice since I started playing, I cut down all trees on my farm to plant and grow my own trees. So it was jarring to find a single tree next to my mine. I was as shocked as Macbeth.

Hence the inspiration for the thread title.

---
    Lynn
    December 11, 2019

When the second batch of permit plots were opened for homesteading, a large deciduous tree appeared in a plot nearby that I had already opened. I know it wasn’t there before because it totally masked my donkey shed. So, Birnam Wood is definitely on the move. Good thing I have the washtub available nearby for Lady Macbeth. All the farm’s a stage...

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    When the second batch of permit plots were opened for homesteading, a large deciduous tree appeared in a plot nearby that I had already opened. I know it wasn’t there before because it totally masked my donkey shed. So, Birnam Wood is definitely on the move. Good thing I have the washtub available nearby for Lady Macbeth. All the farm’s a stage...
    Now I’m worried about the farm characters who are not “of woman born.”

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    Now I’m worried about the farm characters who are not “of woman born.”
    LOL, I think Greg's last name is Macduff.

---
    Lynn
    December 12, 2019

The chicken was doing a pretty good job as Banquo’s ghost on the lake.

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    LOL, I'd like to think that I write better thread titles than spam bots.
    I would think so; but in this case I couldn't see a difference. It did (and still does) look like a mostly random accumulation of words to me, that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. In fact, I have seen spambot threadtitles that made much more sense to me than this. xD

(And yes, I understood that it's apparently some quote from MacBeth. Doesn't help me, though; as the name "MacBeth" is the only thing I know about it.)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    And thank you for sharing the screenshot below.
    You're welcome!

I have posted it as a link instead of as an image to safe space. Judging by your post, I should apparently have posted it as an image instead.
    Last edited by xSaturnx; December 13th, 2019 at 02:27 PM.

Soar like an Eagle to Maintain Feng Shui

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    When the second batch of permit plots were opened for homesteading, a large deciduous tree appeared in a plot nearby that I had already opened. I know it wasn’t there before because it totally masked my donkey shed. So, Birnam Wood is definitely on the move...
    I wonder if Team Hay Day is adopting the approach of Team Clash of Clans by spawning obstacles randomly on our farms? If so, I must pay more attention, begin regular patrols, and cut down trees which will disturb the feng shui of my farm.

The Force is with me and I'm one with the Force.

---
    Lynn the Eagle Eyed
    December 13, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 13th, 2019 at 08:19 PM.