Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Shovel of obstacles ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by Vonner View Post
    And how is everything different from anything? Are you saying anything would imply that it couldn’t complete some type of upgrade?
    Let's not beat the poor dead horse back to life? Also straying quite far off topic on what OP was on about...

Quote Originally Posted by Stujd View Post
    Sorry to say mate but at 500 gems a pop your probably the only person who has ever bought one, one solution is to build Otto hut in builder base cos there is also a lawnmower in that hut that can be used any time the builder isn’t building walls

At 500 gems a pop I have bought every single one that has come past my trader... considering I have a collection of about 40 odd holiday obstacles moving them around was a huge task. That said I got it done, never bought any gems before, although I did start buying the gold pass, so that does give me about 500 gems a month...

500 gems really isn't all that many, after all this is a vanity item, for someone who for years who's only original Christmas tree planted horribly in the middle of my base the introduction of this item was well worth the price. So I guess it's all about perspective.

Honestly I don't think that the description is misleading, ambiguous maybe. But also on use the item asks you more than once if you want to use it and reminds you that it is only a single use. So if like the OP you bought one not understanding how it works you won;t do it twice.

A player who only gets about 500 gems in 4 months, isn't much of a loyal customer though and frankly he's been out of the game for more than a year, so even less loyal than that. Although I do have to say, SC support staffer could have probably handled the situation better and refunded the gems, although I suspect given the kind of post posted here after the fact there may be a little more to the story so who knows.

Quite frankly this is a mountain out of a mole hill situation.
    Last edited by Darkpye; December 12th, 2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Let's not beat the poor dead horse back to life? Also straying quite far off topic on what OP was on about...
    I'll leave it alone. I don't think it's that far off from the OP topic though. The OP was talking about buying a "Shovel of Obstacles" and thinking that it could move more than one obstacle. That leads to the confusion in naming convention, and suggestions for more accurate names that I'm talking about.

Done.
    TH11. Clan: Omegas

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Book of Everything is a correct term such that it could complete every type of upgrade. The name of magical items are always referring to the type of upgrade it could complete and are never referring to the number of upgrades it could complete. The number of upgrade for any of the Book and Hammer could complete is and had always been 1.
    Anything would be more accurate than everything for that book. Anyway, back the shovels, I don't find it confusing and it is just too bad OP didn't ask around a bit before spending an amount of money that would upset him this much. I know I would.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by HerezBalloons4ya View Post
    ............... Supercell will never see another dime from me in clash of clans or clash royale. What a scam..
    If a single shovel pushed the OP over the edge I am not sure they could stand all the other changes that have occurred to the game... lol
    Last edited by Jwp721; December 12th, 2019 at 02:01 PM.

I love that they're so expensive because i know i can sell them for fifty gems. much better than any potion.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #27
    There are a couple reasons why it's called the Shovel of Obstacles.

1. Shovel of Obstacle just sounds plain weird and nonsensical.
    2. It doesn't move just one kind of obstacle. It can move any kind of obstacle. Since there are multiple kinds of obstacles, it stands to reason that obstacle is plural. Just like Book of Heroes, it completes the upgrade of any single Hero - not multiple Heroes at a time.
    3. All Magic Items in the game are single use. I understand if OP may have taken time off from the game but Magic Items were introduced more than a year ago.

However, I can understand if the descriptive text wasn't as clear as we assumed and I have passed that on to the game team.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

2. It doesn't move just one kind of obstacle. It can move any kind of obstacle. Since there are multiple kinds of obstacles, it stands to reason that obstacle is plural. Just like Book of Heroes, it completes the upgrade of any single Hero - not multiple Heroes at a time.
    3. All Magic Items in the game are single use. I understand if OP may have taken time off from the game but Magic Items were introduced more than a year ago.

However, I can understand if the descriptive text wasn't as clear as we assumed and I have passed that on to the game team.
    Could call it the "Obstacle Shovel"

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

I think the description of the shovel is the only thing that needs to be updated to say something along the lines of "Can be used to move any one obstacle!"
    | TH12 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 21 |

Curious line of thought....So should the Book of Everything more properly be called the Book of Anything, because it will complete ANY single "event" in progress, but not everything going on at once....although if you read the description is does seem to explain what it does.