Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Legend League confusion

Legend League confusion

I don't understand why there is a cool down for selecting defence base in legend ?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    There are lots of posts and explanations on this. There's even a useful search feature on the forum. I typed "legend league cooldown" in the search bar and found several threads right away. This was posted in the third thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The point is that in Legends, you can only change your base effectiver the following day. So you can set it from the start of the day after you change the base, as it won't become effective until the following legend day.

The whole point of the cooldown is to prevent anybody being able to copy a war base and practice on it before the war ends. Which means it must be 24 hours after creation before it can be attacked.
    I also suggest using Google for searching the forum. You can even instruct Google to limit its searches to the forum by preceding the search with "site:forum.supercell.com".
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; December 10th, 2019 at 10:10 PM.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 681 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Thank for the search advice,

Still don't get it

(You can't attack youself in LL, it you clanmate can't attack you in LL) only random people but then - Can you do that in nomal league in anycase? -
    defened ,watch, remove shiled, defend again,...

Centennial Club
    Always thought it was due to the predetermined matchmaking at the start of each legend day.

Trainee
    No match making in Legends, it's based on trophies.

I just upgraded to TH13, had a shield for a couple of days. Now I cant select any of my bases as they all have a cool down due to new building being added. Seems to be a completely pointless rule for Legends.
    TH13 - 65/66/40/6
    Sir Hearty
    *SouthernAmber*

Quote Originally Posted by fozage View Post

Still don't get it

(You can't attack youself in LL, it you clanmate can't attack you in LL) only random people but then - Can you do that in nomal league in anycase? -
    It isn't because you can attack yourself (you're right, you can't) it is because they don't want people to design their base to be like the enemy war base, then post it in legends and see example 3 star attacks against it, then copy one of those for war.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Trainee
    Ah, that make sense. Thanks for the clarification.
    TH13 - 65/66/40/6
    Sir Hearty
    *SouthernAmber*

Quote Originally Posted by fozage View Post

Still don't get it

All the prior discussions as Sharky noted, explains why a 24 hour lockout before use (aka cool down) is indeed necessary, to prevent war practice. I think we all agree upon that.

That said, what then of Legends use? First thing to note though is that the Legends lockout before use is actually 24 to 48 hours! Let us say that I made a change to a base design 12 hours into a Legends Day. How long must I wait then to put it to use? 24 hour wait, then allowed to select it for the next Legends Day which begins in 12 hours. Total tine required to activate a changed base in this case is 36 hours. And to your point, a base published for next day Legend use is for 8 random strangers to attack.

I theorize that with Operation Blue Skies they simply used existing lockout mechanisms in place, while adding the must wait till start of next Legends Day restriction (which I do understand why that is in place).

But yes, I agree they could possibly hone it more. Have some rule as an example that a base can be specified for next day use if locked and if total wait at least 24 hours, but not used for Friendly Challenges nor for Home Base view. Any base stored internally on their servers to be used the next Legends Day cannot be attacked by anyone until that day even begins. That is, yes a 24 hour non use, but not 48 hours.
    Last edited by rowman; December 10th, 2019 at 11:30 PM.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    All the prior discussions as Sharky noted, explains why a 24 hour lockout before use (aka cool down) is indeed necessary, to prevent war practice. I think we all agree upon that.

That said, what then of Legends use? First thing to note though is that the Legends lockout before use is actually 24 to 48 hours! Let us say that I made a change to a base design 12 hours into a Legends Day. How long must I wait then to put it to use? 24 hour wait, then allowed to select it for the next Legends Day which begins in 12 hours. Total tine required to activate a changed base in this case is 36 hours. And to your point, a base published for next day Legend use is for 8 random strangers to attack.

I theorize that with Operation Blue Skies they simply used existing lockout mechanisms in place, while adding the must wait till start of next Legends Day restriction (which I do understand why that is in place).

But yes, I agree they could possibly hone it more. Have some rule as an example that a base can be specified for next day use if locked and if total wait at least 24 hours, but not used for Friendly Challenges nor for Home Base view. Any base stored internally on their servers to be used the next Legends Day cannot be attacked by anyone until that day even begins. That is, yes a 24 hour non use, but not 48 hours.
    They have honed it a bit. It isn't wait 24h then from the start of the next day any more. It is wait until start of next day, then you can select for the day after.

But that only really makes a difference for people who wouldn't be able to get on to do it between 24h and the start of the following day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    They have honed it a bit. It isn't wait 24h then from the start of the next day any more. It is wait until start of next day, then you can select for the day after.

But that only really makes a difference for people who wouldn't be able to get on to do it between 24h and the start of the following day.
    Admittedly I have not figured out fully if there even could be any set of rules put in place to both satisfy the "no war base replication during war day" and significantly shorten the Legends Base use wait, but my dream at least is that one day, they will find that magic bullet.

For myself (and I am sure others) it can be frustrating when you see a simple hole in your base, then have to wait not only for the current Legends Day ends, but also the next full day, before the hole is corrected.

So yes, understand the why it is as it is, but still dream of possibly something better one day!