Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hero auto save unfair advantage over manual

Hero auto save unfair advantage over manual

Hear me out. Until now if a defense is landing a shot on your hero, lets say a mortar, it deals full damage of the shot instantly on that hero. So if your hero has 5 health left and the mortar deals 10 per shot, the hero will die. With the new auto save, the hero will take damage down to 1 health and then activate ability. For example, warden will take a hit from an eagle which should have killed it, but saves itself at the last second. Heres how i tested it, and you can do the same yourself. Find a base with a large corner that doesnt have defenses. Drop over 200 troops on the other side of the base and wait for them to all be killed. Then drop your warden, (i tested this with a lvl40GW) It will take 3 hits and survive, it will take another 3 hits, and in middle of the 6th hit it will activate ability. To make things clearer, the health bar after the 5th hit shows 10% health left, but after it activates, the health is down to practically 0%. How is this possible under normal circumstances? If the eagles 6th shot does some damage, shouldnt it do all the damage? How can it be possible to save itself in between, when damage is supposed to land per shot??

if anyone has any other interpretation, please share. Sorry i cant post a video, but it should be easy enough to test by yourself in a fc
    Last edited by mandy12; December 10th, 2019 at 08:27 PM.

Forum Legend
    It's not cheating, it's a change to the game mechanics for sure but it's now part of the game for good or ill. But of it's not how SC intended it, I'm sure they will make changes in a patch or future update.

I for one like it now with 4 heroes that sometime have different objectives on different parts of the map or have split up unexpectedly it's sometimes tough to keep track of it all.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    It's not cheating, it's a change to the game mechanics for sure but it's now part of the game for good or ill. But of it's not how SC intended it, I'm sure they will make changes in a patch or future update.

I for one like it now with 4 heroes that sometime have different objectives on different parts of the map or have split up unexpectedly it's sometimes tough to keep track of it all.
    I dint mean cheating per se. I just meant that it gives an unfair advantage by using auto save then doing it manually for more “advanced” players

Bbeehhaappyy
    It's like I grind many years spend gems to reach last full th, and now we have, no, other have magic items. And catch me while I seat year without update.. Sad but it's new gameplay and need live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mandy12 View Post
    I dint mean cheating per se. I just meant that it gives an unfair advantage by using auto save then doing it manually for more “advanced” players
    I'm not sure how you consider it unfair when everyone has the option to use it. If you feel that you are "advanced" enough not to then have at er. Personally I think it should be an option for any player over the age of 50 because your youth is an unfair advantage which I can't possibly hope to compete with

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NightsWatchMB View Post
    I'm not sure how you consider it unfair when everyone has the option to use it. If you feel that you are "advanced" enough not to then have at er. Personally I think it should be an option for any player over the age of 50 because your youth is an unfair advantage which I can't possibly hope to compete with

It's a bit like saying it's "unfair" that people can use hero abilities to begin with, just because some people might choose not to use them at all. Everyone has the same opportunity to use the feature...it's no more unfair than me bemoaning the fact that I like to attack without using any hero abilities and some people choose to use them.

Forum Legend
    You can turn it off or on. It's up to you. I suspect for 99.999% of the clash playing universe they will elect to leave it on auto as opposed to manual only.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Guys lets all settle down. Im just pointing out that SC is basically making the claim that its equal to do it automaticaaly or manually, the ONLY difference being if you have to remember about it. I’m just pointing out, that on auto mode there is a potential advantage with the GW. So for example if you have an advanced player who likes to not pop their quuen because of lava hound, they are losing out on the GW. #justsaying

Forum Elder
    /Inner troll on:

This is why we cant have nice things..

It befuddles me that people cant take 'gifts' for what they are and make (easy and necessary) adjustments from the old playstyle.
    it saves your Royals when attacking and it sucks (potentially) when your base is defending. BUT it cuts both ways so that is fair IMO..

rant over, but sheesh. the update like a day cold and there are already 'complaints' about good/improved function..
    you can shut it off and challenge yourself if you wish. but its honestly a great addition.

lets just play people. its a game.

/Troll off..

carry on...

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Hear me out. Until now if a defense is landing a shot on your hero, lets say a mortar, it deals full damage of the shot instantly on that hero. So if your hero has 5 health left and the mortar deals 10 per shot, the hero will die. With the new auto save, the hero will take damage down to 1 health and then activate ability. For example, warden will take a hit from an eagle which should have killed it, but saves itself at the last second. Heres how i tested it, and you can do the same yourself. Find a base with a large corner that doesnt have defenses. Drop over 200 troops on the other side of the base and wait for them to all be killed. Then drop your warden, (i tested this with a lvl40GW) It will take 3 hits and survive, it will take another 3 hits, and in middle of the 6th hit it will activate ability. To make things clearer, the health bar after the 5th hit shows 10% health left, but after it activates, the health is down to practically 0%. How is this possible under normal circumstances? If the eagles 6th shot does some damage, shouldnt it do all the damage? How can it be possible to save itself in between, when damage is supposed to land per shot??

if anyone has any other interpretation, please share. Sorry i cant post a video, but it should be easy enough to test by yourself in a fc
    There is no need to test, that is how it is intended to work.

Why do you think there is anythng wrong witrh this?

How can it be an "unfair" advantage when everybody cn have it turned on, at zero cost?

And as for "cheating"?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)