Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Misorientation of Golden Hayday Decorations

Fresh Spawn

Posting images on forum only works with a URL and not from your own Tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by VOE View Post
    Hi Cowslip, have screenshots as requested. I see no button to add them. Can you advise?
    Is that why I have been struggling for quite some time? So in effect I have to have social presence to upload? Well that is me done for then I would respond to WheatLandIII's pic message in kind but I cannot. So text will have to suffice. That view is accurate for my Neighbour, but not for me. All letters including the D face the same way for me, and rotate the same. I contend that my Neighbour's delivery of the letter D and consequent behaviour was a glitch, not some design feature.

Is that why I have been struggling for quite some time? So in effect I have to have social presence to upload? Well that is me done for then I would respond to WheatLandIII's pic message in kind but I cannot. So text will have to suffice. That view is accurate for my Neighbour, but not for me. All letters including the D face the same way for me, and rotate the same. I contend that my Neighbour's delivery of the letter D and consequent behaviour was a glitch, not some design feature.
    Yes, this was a glitch that occurred. It happened with some farms, but not others, and was not able to be corrected, if my memory serves me right.

Also, posting images on this forum is not as difficult as some may think. There are free, no registration sites you can use to basically upload your image and get the link you need to paste in your post. I'd be happy to help you with that, just send me a message by tapping on my forum name, then "private message". Or, you can tap on "view profile" and send a visitor message.
    Last edited by Tahoe; December 11th, 2019 at 11:05 AM.

Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Hi Cowslip, have screenshots as requested. I see no button to add them. Can you advise?
    I followed the instructions WussyPuss gave in this thread and have been able to post screenshots in this forum. As Tahoe said, it’s a free third party site that requires no registration:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...as-closed-down

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Yes, this was a glitch that occurred. It happened with some farms, but not others, and was not able to be corrected, if my memory serves me right.
    I missed out on those letters last year when I was taking a break and I think they’re absolutely lovely so it is sad to hear some farms that got them can’t display them properly. Nick had said that Alfred works in mysterious ways. I wonder if Alfred could redeliver the errant letter so it sits properly to those farms that had the glitch. If that is possible, like Momscar said, those farms would have to contact SC support themselves.

Would really love to see that glitched 'D'. You might have a unique decor there.

You dont need "social presence" to post an image, but the image has to sit somewhere 24/7 when your tablet is not online. If you have a home server running 24/7 you dont need some other site to host that image, but using someone's site is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    As far as I know, we still need to use a third-party site to post images on the forum. Please let me know if something has changed there.

VOE, is this basically what you see with the "D" in HAYDAY?

Here are a few ways that players may be able to make the ‘backwards D’ work. I hope this helps.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Thank you to everyone who has been so helpful with this query.

As a point of reference, here's the thread where the event was announced. You can see there were some discussions about the "backwards" D at the time. Nick explains all about it in some technical detail on post 13 of that thread.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...thday-Event%21

Is anyone else surprised that the letters were for the HD birthday event in 2018? How time flies...

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!