Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hero auto ability - Let us pick and choose which heroes to turn this feature on for

  1. #11
    Centennial Club Thomas85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    109
    I don't really like this feature, but this request makes no sense to me.

    I believe that failing to use the ability is part of the game. It's a fun epic fail. On live attacks we would always hope to see the attacker losing the Queen on Queen Walk, and when it did fail, we could even hear that evil epic fail laugh.

    Waiting until the last HP to activate the Queen's ability is gone, this was pure skill and now it's automatic. But fair enough, we have 4 heroes and there is a lot going on.

    However, now that the feature exists, why would you like to turn it off? As far as I understood, it's a last resort matter, it will save the hero from dying. I don't really get why there is even an option to turn it toff, using the ability automatically is always better than losing the hero at all. It's not like the ability is randomly activated, it is activated to prevent the hero from dying on the last second.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Digging another tunnel in the data mine
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    So why does the automatic trigger need to be off is behind me.
    For SOME heroes there can be reasons, especially the AQ, where it can be better for her to die during a QW than pop a defence lava hound before dying. Particularly because she can be the only air targetting troop in a raid.
    I'm sure I've let my BK die once or twice because the defence CC is following him away somewhere strange, and I want the enemy CC to go to my QW and be shot. But in this situation the raid has probably gone sideways already.

    But the GW - I can't see why you'd want him to die without using his ability.

  3. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    794
    Hmm maybe I was mistaken or I may need to run some additional tests.

    I was under the impression that warden would pop his ability if calculated incoming damage exceeded his hp. E.g. from eagle shots

    For that, I would much prefer to have the choice of hitting my Tome ability either before all 3 eagle shots land or somewhere in the middle depending on where and what my troops are doing.

  4. #14
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6
    For those wondering why you would want to turn off automatic hero ability, it could be that you don't want your AQ fighting and popping a CC lava hound, or you want your BK to die early so that his spawned barbarians do not trigger the CC troops for air raids.

    I like the OP's request!

    However, I would prefer the feature removed, as it is a skill being able to control all aspects of your attack (activating your abilities) rather than relying on AI to save your attack from failing.

  5. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLunar View Post
    For those wondering why you would want to turn off automatic hero ability, it could be that you don't want your AQ fighting and popping a CC lava hound, or you want your BK to die early so that his spawned barbarians do not trigger the CC troops for air raids.
    Good points. I think there's definitely no harm in giving players options.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,307
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    For SOME heroes there can be reasons, especially the AQ, where it can be better for her to die during a QW than pop a defence lava hound before dying. Particularly because she can be the only air targetting troop in a raid.
    I'm sure I've let my BK die once or twice because the defence CC is following him away somewhere strange, and I want the enemy CC to go to my QW and be shot. But in this situation the raid has probably gone sideways already.

    But the GW - I can't see why you'd want him to die without using his ability.
    Well yes I was talking about this specific request (warden). I so understand there may be some instances where youíd prefer the hero to die without using the ability.

    Personally and for me Iím not skilled enough to trade off having the feature off for that reason which Iím sure is one in many many raids nevertheless for the absolute advanced players they have the choice to play without the safety net but then they must also sacrifice the other heroes for that extra level of security. Such players also should be advanced enough that they trigger most abilities at the ideal time which in a lot of cases isnít when the hero is about to die especially when weíre talking about the warden.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,307
    Quote Originally Posted by porky1122 View Post
    Hmm maybe I was mistaken or I may need to run some additional tests.

    I was under the impression that warden would pop his ability if calculated incoming damage exceeded his hp. E.g. from eagle shots

    For that, I would much prefer to have the choice of hitting my Tome ability either before all 3 eagle shots land or somewhere in the middle depending on where and what my troops are doing.
    Even with the safety net turned on you can hit the tome any time you like. You can activate it immediately when you drop him on the battle field if you wish (although thatís not a good idea in most cases)

    Think of it like a safety net in the circus for a balancing act high in the air. Itís there if you need it but itís always more ideal if you donít use / need it.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas85 View Post
    I don't really like this feature, but this request makes no sense to me.

    I believe that failing to use the ability is part of the game. It's a fun epic fail. On live attacks we would always hope to see the attacker losing the Queen on Queen Walk, and when it did fail, we could even hear that evil epic fail laugh.

    Waiting until the last HP to activate the Queen's ability is gone, this was pure skill and now it's automatic. But fair enough, we have 4 heroes and there is a lot going on.

    However, now that the feature exists, why would you like to turn it off? As far as I understood, it's a last resort matter, it will save the hero from dying. I don't really get why there is even an option to turn it toff, using the ability automatically is always better than losing the hero at all. It's not like the ability is randomly activated, it is activated to prevent the hero from dying on the last second.
    Now that I can understand. Thereís certainly something to be said for it and sure some will like it and others will not.
    I do understand it takes away a certain aspect. However it doesnít take away the strategic aspect of when to best use it.

    Ive lost a hero without having used the ability more then I care to remember. Especially when they run into a single IT just as you are doing something else mid battle.

    That said and as someone who attacks with QW quite often, using the AQ ability early during QW isnít always ideal quite often itís not ideal at all if you let her health get too low and drop a rage too late for example. All too often the ability is better used later in the raid. So even an auto save of the ability may not be as disastrous but certainly doesnít guarantee a successful attack.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Digging another tunnel in the data mine
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Even with the safety net turned on you can hit the tome any time you like. You can activate it immediately when you drop him on the battle field if you wish (although that’s not a good idea in most cases)

    Think of it like a safety net in the circus for a balancing act high in the air. It’s there if you need it but it’s always more ideal if you don’t use / need it.
    I think what he's saying is there is a timing issue - that the auto ability triggers as soon as the incoming shells are sufficient to kill the hero. But the EA shells are so slow, that it is possible to actually a wait a little longer before all 3 arrive.

    Too subtle for me to worry about... I'm just pleased if I don't miss him completely

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,307
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    I think what he's saying is there is a timing issue - that the auto ability triggers as soon as the incoming shells are sufficient to kill the hero. But the EA shells are so slow, that it is possible to actually a wait a little longer before all 3 arrive.

    Too subtle for me to worry about... I'm just pleased if I don't miss him completely
    Like you say too subtle for you and most certainly too subtle for me and I dare say too subtle for most attackers by far.

    In this scenario Iíd consider a person for whom this isnít too subtle a very advanced clasher and they probably should choose to switch off the safety net. But the trade off is that you switch it off in all cases so itís simply a consequence of a choice.
    I think itís a fair trade.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •