Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Poor game quality.

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #81
    Quote Originally Posted by gregenstein View Post
    Anyone who wants to know why they don't do this or that to alleviate clouds, please read the following:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...osed-Solutions

I would hope the OP, with supposedly 18 years of programming experience, would have done some storyboards or had his/her ideas critiqued by fellow programmers. Writing the code for a solution is the easy part. The hard part is designing the correct path to take. Keeping the game accessible to all players, big spenders and free-to-play alike, has been a hallmark of this game and why it continues to stay relevant.

Sure, Supercell could throw out "bot" bases and never ever have clouds anywhere. But it would also be a pay-to-win game at that point. Those with the most gems and real life money would eternally dominate the game as they would be able to gem armies and attack without ever worrying about taking enough defenses to truly cost them many trophies. That would be a death knell for a game, as the community support for it would drop rapidly. I know I'd find a new game, and I would hardly be the only one.
    That cloud thread was one of the major catalysts for making Operation Blue Skies happen, and the dev team is truly grateful for that really productive conversation.

One of the things that it proved was, as you said, was designing a solution that we felt was the correct path for the game to take was the more challenging part of the clouds. Implementing it is, while still complicated, much more of a straightforward task once you have the production path before you.

If fixing the clouds were as simple as temporarily introducing bot bases (and we did consider that as an option) then it is something we would've done long ago. Even as a Community Manager, it's very easy for me to be an arm-chair designer and throw out ideas and say "why can't we just do this???" And that's with intimate knowledge of the development team and more than a decade of industry experience. But I will absolutely defer to the designers when they say something will or won't work for a particular reason. However, conveying those reasons without revealing proprietary information can also be challenging as well.

Game designers as a whole don't refuse to fix things because it's inconvenient for them or because they don't feel like it. They wouldn't be designers if that's how they worked.
    AKA Tank Puppy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by SuperR0ck View Post
    OP Is right and the points are valid. Clouds wasn’t entirely fixed (titan still a issue) and seeing bases in search that don’t return not even the cost of the troops is just wrong and a huge waste of customer time.

He can’t go higher because he will match th12/th13; and clouds.
    He can’t go down because of league rewards are too bad; Farm dead bases is not funny at all.
    Asking a costumer to wait? Good luck with that attitude. In real life you will have a hard time doing this.

So we came to the point that SC can’t fix the issues that exist for years and worst, have a bad attitude thinking these issues are part of the game and just ignore them.
    I'm sorry, but OP is not right. The thinking that you should be able to rise as high as you want and face easy opponents that give you lots of loot whenever you feel like it is flawed thinking. That's never been part of the game. That never should be part of the game, if it was it would take the challenge out of building our bases. Clouds in Titans have already relatively speaking subsided, which is what, two days after the original complaint. It's like going to the store to buy the newest release of an item which is hot and sells out fast, sometimes you need to wait a few days to get the item or if you need it right away then be prepared to camp out and spend more money to do so.

I have no sympathy for OP because it is a situation that they refuse to take any responsibility for solving. Easy solutions to their concerns have been offered, but that being unacceptable means to me that maybe it's time for them to take a break from this game.

Overhauling a system for which there isn't really a problem, except for a certain few days, which come a couple of times a year when people are excited to play the game, doesn't seem like good value for the developers time. This thread reeks of entitlement.

OP Is right and the points are valid. Clouds wasn’t entirely fixed (titan still a issue) and seeing bases in search that don’t return not even the cost of the troops is just wrong and a huge waste of customer time.

He can’t go higher because he will match th12/th13; and clouds.
    He can’t go down because of league rewards are too bad; Farm dead bases is not funny at all.
    Asking a costumer to wait? Good luck with that attitude. In real life you will have a hard time doing this.

So we came to the point that SC can’t fix the issues that exist for years and worst, have a bad attitude thinking these issues are part of the game and just ignore them.
    So, what do you want SC to do? Remove the bases that don't have much loot? How is it "not right" to see bases that don't have a lot of loot?

You see those because players are nexting past them. Maybe SC should remove the next button and you just have to attack what you find?

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

I'm sick.of 2 trophies for a win and minus 34 for a loss ♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by Camtp99385960 View Post
    I'm sick.of 2 trophies for a win and minus 34 for a loss ♥♥♥
    The trophies offered depends on the difference between the trophy counts of yours and the opponent.So you will get more from higher opponents and less if they are lower.

See this for the help topic on this---

https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/cl...lculated&p=web
    Last edited by Maestro666; December 13th, 2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The mods don't work for SC. They are players like us who volunteer to moderate the forum. You're speaking to a very very tiny % of players here, that is about it. Yes, SC representatives, including Darian, do also see things on the forum and they know we do not like the new recruiting tool.
    Yes, Mods are not working to SC but it was the closest representative to show up and discuss the issue with me, which is real and is there to be solved.
    Unfortunately a SC direct representative (not speaking specifically about the community manager) has not said anything regarding this issue, which has become more critical and is becoming worst every day that passes and you see good members giving up of clans or even the game because they don't have the opportunity to pass along their knowledge.
    I'm literally trying and putting lots of effort to cheer up 4 Co's and other 15 players to not quit the game and kill a clan which has a good base and have grown together along time.
    So yes, I'm still glad to say that someone which acts on behalf of supercell in this forum is at least being empathetic to the problems the players have today, differently than other things which wouldn't be considered priorities at all to be responded.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    So, what do you want SC to do? Remove the bases that don't have much loot? How is it "not right" to see bases that don't have a lot of loot?

You see those because players are nexting past them. Maybe SC should remove the next button and you just have to attack what you find?
    Well, SC already did it. It is called new legends league system.
    No searching and guaranteed loot (limited to 8 attacks per day).

What Im saying is that OP points are valid and because I had exactly the same complaints.

New legends system works beautifully and in my opinion it can be implemented also in Titan leagues (with loot adjustments and maybe more attacks per day, like 10 or 12) leaving champions league for those who want to play more attacks.

The same system in Titans will well accommodate players who are not maxed, give then a good amount of loot (will cover the troop cost), since they can go higher due th limitations. And also fix the cloud and endless searchs.
    SuperCell, an 2 stars attack company.

Well, SC already did it. It is called new legends league system.
    No searching and guaranteed loot (limited to 8 attacks per day).

What I’m saying is that OP points are valid and because I had exactly the same complaints.

New legends system works beautifully and in my opinion it can be implemented also in Titan leagues (with loot adjustments and maybe more attacks per day, like 10 or 12) leaving champions league for those who want to play more attacks.

The same system in Titans will well accommodate players who are not maxed, give then a good amount of loot (will cover the troop cost), since they can go higher due th limitations. And also fix the cloud and endless searchs.
    So what then, the clouds get pushed into Champions and we're right back at the same issue??? The fact is the clouds in Titans are back to a normal level which is more than acceptable in my opinion. The other fact remains that if you don't like the clouds in Titans, you have two options, climb higher or drop lower. Changing an entire system for what amounts to a couple of days of inconvenience a couple of times a year is a huge waste of developers time.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    So what then, the clouds get pushed into Champions and we're right back at the same issue??? The fact is the clouds in Titans are back to a normal level which is more than acceptable in my opinion. The other fact remains that if you don't like the clouds in Titans, you have two options, climb higher or drop lower. Changing an entire system for what amounts to a couple of days of inconvenience a couple of times a year is a huge waste of developers time.

I hardly doubt that we’ll have clouds in champions. This is prior titans and legend leagues.

It doesn’t make sense say to someone that he should drop lower to avoid a problem. This is not a solution and accepting that clouds is part of the game (now high titans) also doesn’t help the game at all.

SC did an awesome job with new legend system and I’m sure that some similar (now with less coding since they already have it implemented) can be implemented in Titans.
    SuperCell, an 2 stars attack company.

I hardly doubt that we’ll have clouds in champions. This is prior titans and legend leagues.

It doesn’t make sense say to someone that he should drop lower to avoid a problem. This is not a solution and accepting that clouds is part of the game (now high titans) also doesn’t help the game at all.

SC did an awesome job with new legend system and I’m sure that some similar (now with less coding since they already have it implemented) can be implemented in Titans.
    I dont see a need. I like being in high titans any time except for rare ones like the release. Clouds, even in the mid 4900s, are just a few seconds. The attack bonuses are good as are the shields / guards. I also get the flexibility to attack how much I want. I do not want a legends style do x number of attacks and take x number of defenses.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22