Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The walls!!!!!

The walls!!!!!

I played CoC for a long time and I came back to play it again!...But why supercell?...why?.....why did you guys think that doubleing the price of wall upgrade is a good thing?....huh?......I'm done ..I'm quitting this game!....don't do things that make the lower level players harder to progress!

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    That was just a temporary event and now that it's over; all prices were returned back to their original values. Did you even check the Event Tab in the game to see how long the event was?!?

As for lower level players' progress being harder, think of those who're at a higher TH level.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferDK5000 View Post
    I played CoC for a long time and I came back to play it again!...But why supercell?...why?.....why did you guys think that doubleing the price of wall upgrade is a good thing?....huh?......I'm done ..I'm quitting this game!....don't do things that make the lower level players harder to progress!
    If you're referring to the wall prices suddenly going up today, that's because Winter Jam, which reduced the price of a lot of buildings (including walls), just ended today.

Edit: Ninja'd by LapDawg
    Last edited by DARDANIUS; December 10th, 2019 at 03:53 AM.

Main Account: Darkwind™ | Alt Account: DARDANIUS

Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 14 - Gold II)

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferDK5000 View Post
    Walls are everyone's favorite, I regret that I didn't 24/7 on the events

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Despite the fact that after the 50%-event prices doubled to their original level I have some more generic view on the upgrades and the resource implications:
    Though it might be boring for the strivers and nerds to remain idle with a maxed TH 12, Supercell should not only think and care about those.
    These guys and dolls will have their TH 13 maxed in the next 6 months or so, maybe even earlier when they buy and spend gems. And then? They will cry for something new and/or extraordinary and will request a TH 14. And then? TH 15?
    But the vast majority of players (especially the newer ones) will never have to chance to approach higher THs if the upgrade schedule will stay as it currently is (TH 12 was introduced Jun.2018).
    Instead they will get more and more frustrated and might think of quitting the game completely.
    Or they will start exchanging and trading well-prepared villages - which is not allowed.
    And more people fighting for resources as soon as a new TH is available with things requiring an upgrade will of course change the economic situation as resources are no longer lootable by the late-comers.
    The results are well-known: insufficient resources to be looted and clouds.
    My proposal to Supercell would be simple:
    * Stop implementing new THs and allow ALL players to reach some kind of saturation to have the option that also newer players can compete with all others.
    * Make decorative items available that have no influence on the war weight or the opponent matching. These items can be purchased from the resources still being looted by the maxed ones. This way they still have some progress in their villages allowing them to show others how cool and skilled they are.

Quote Originally Posted by NordPohl View Post
    * Stop implementing new THs and allow ALL players to reach some kind of saturation to have the option that also newer players can compete with all others.
    * Make decorative items available that have no influence on the war weight or the opponent matching. These items can be purchased from the resources still being looted by the maxed ones. This way they still have some progress in their villages allowing them to show others how cool and skilled they are.
    Your suggestion really is to stop making new townhalls available and to entertain in endgame with... decorations? Really?
    New content does come by slower than you need to upgrade. so naturally a new player can reach max. Just clash is no game that does present you a maxed village in a year.
    Lower townhalls have been reduced in upgradetime by a lot (and by that I really mean by A LOT), so catching up never has been as easy as today. In the past, a well developed TH9 was done in a year. Nowadays you can reach that in three months.
    New player, that are losing interest, because chasl does need more time than the regular grinder, will mostly leave at TH8-10 (once the DE-grinding does really start).

I have to admit that my proposal was provocative.
    But if you take one step back, take a breath and have a look at situation you might come to some differentiated conclusion.

The speed up of TH development is mainly driven by special events like CWL (for medals) and CG (for books and runes) or the GoldPass. But you have to invest a lot of time making it impossible for the casual players to keep at it. And to not be called a moocher you have to fully complete the CG and not only finish a single quest. And the GoldPass has to be paid with cash.
    Means: You might be able to accelerate the development, but it is also more time or cash consuming.

The question in the end is how CoC will evolve in the future.
    Will it continue with more of this and that, being more expensive than before and taking longer and longer?

Builder Base as an alternative way to compete against each other was a nice try but I would doubt that many people take it serious - especially when the benefit or gearing up is disputable.
    Analytics show that you should not gear up because of undesired and negative side effects.

CG are nice - no question.

CWL is half-baked as the automatic rise and descent based on placement is not flexible enough when a clan comes up with a new roster (in either direction).

Clouding ... can't say, never been up so high ... but the new legend league approach seems to not satisfy all. And for Titans it still seems to be a nasty situation when you have to wait for minutes to find an opponent.

Yes, there was a lot of development.
    But some enhancements the community is asking for years now is not getting implemented: e.g. leader-driven opt-out, clan name change.

I talked to a lot of people and they all came with a similar statement:
    "I'm tired of running for resources and it seems I will never find and end to close the gap on them!".
    TH 13 and the walls - so coming back to the original topic - is the last nail in the coffin.

Forum Superstar
    They have driven up TH development by 1000% compared to what it used to be. If your worried about TH13 walls yet no where near Th13 then that's on you.

And this is a for-profit game. There are no 'Yeah but" about it.

I started as TH1, while my clanleader was TH11-max. I'm a new TH12 now with TH11-troops/defences/heroes, while my clanleader just climbed to TH13. Lost my account for aroundish 1.5 years, so could've been a pretty decent TH12 by now, maybe even upgrading to TH13 after the update dropped.

I'd say, I got pretty close. I did spend some dimes along the way, 4 Goldpasses in total and at the start buying the builders-pack for the 4th builder.
    So I did invest about 25 Bucks in 4 years (Forumaccount was created months later than actually starting Clash).

I'm not a hardcore-casher and by no means online 24/7, but got close to the final upgrade in the game, even tho TH11 already was the last TH by that time. So no, updates aren't dropping faster than one can farm them. And in addition, building/trainingtimes have been reduced by a lot, magical items and the medalshop were implemented to cut down upgrades by up to 2+ weeks with two clicks. Heck, I was even able to upgrade all my 6 (dark) barracks in a single day, once my TH was upgraded to TH11 (without spending a single dime). Crazy things are possible now, you just have to use them.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; December 10th, 2019 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NordPohl View Post
    I have to admit that my proposal was provocative.
    But if you take one step back, take a breath and have a look at situation you might come to some differentiated conclusion.

The speed up of TH development is mainly driven by special events like CWL (for medals) and CG (for books and runes) or the GoldPass. But you have to invest a lot of time making it impossible for the casual players to keep at it. And to not be called a moocher you have to fully complete the CG and not only finish a single quest. And the GoldPass has to be paid with cash.
    Means: You might be able to accelerate the development, but it is also more time or cash consuming.

The question in the end is how CoC will evolve in the future.
    Will it continue with more of this and that, being more expensive than before and taking longer and longer?

Builder Base as an alternative way to compete against each other was a nice try but I would doubt that many people take it serious - especially when the benefit or gearing up is disputable.
    Analytics show that you should not gear up because of undesired and negative side effects.

CG are nice - no question.

CWL is half-baked as the automatic rise and descent based on placement is not flexible enough when a clan comes up with a new roster (in either direction).

Clouding ... can't say, never been up so high ... but the new legend league approach seems to not satisfy all. And for Titans it still seems to be a nasty situation when you have to wait for minutes to find an opponent.

Yes, there was a lot of development.
    But some enhancements the community is asking for years now is not getting implemented: e.g. leader-driven opt-out, clan name change.

I talked to a lot of people and they all came with a similar statement:
    "I'm tired of running for resources and it seems I will never find and end to close the gap on them!".
    TH 13 and the walls - so coming back to the original topic - is the last nail in the coffin.
    All I can say is th10, 11 and 12 took about 8 months each for me. I average 5 to 6 attacks a day. I'm not a big spender although I do buy the gold passes. My mini is max9 except heroes. 3 more king levels to 25/25 and I'll go to 10. I started it in march. It is quite possible to catch up. Also, it doesnt war so it gets minimal cwl medals which would have sped things up a good bit. However, high levels arent for everyone. People burn out and fade away. It's normal. Current cadence is about 18 months per town hall. At that rate, I'll spend several months with a maxed main and bh. During that time, newer players can and will catch up. Giving maxed players useless decorations as anything more than stopgap is not an answer.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22