Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell choose money over fairplay

Thumbs up Supercell choose money over fairplay

Our clan were top of our Masters1 league and looking towards victory and first time promotion to Champs 3. During round 7, Supercell dropped the TH13 update promoting our final opponents (also with a chance of promotion) to spend all of their cash to instantly max out their heroes and purchase all the new troops on offer. They then proceed to 3 starring our bases and finish our chance of promotion.

I have heard Supercell spouting off about FairPlay but I think this might now be the time to find a new game. What is the point in competing within a rigged competition with a cash hungry governing body? I know we wonít be the only ones this has affected. Well done Supercell, you have shown your true colours. You will not get another penny from me and I hope that you lose millions in monthly profits from like minded people.

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The timing of the update and the last couple days of the Clan War Leagues is an unfortunate convergence of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

The War Leagues fully end on Wednesday, where all participating Clans will have concluded their final battles. Releasing the update then would only leave us Thursday and Friday to patch any critical issues that could potentially pop up when an update goes live - before some of the app stores close for the weekend which would prevent us from getting further fixes out to you.

Furthermore, deploying it next week was not an option as some of the app store teams leave for their company's Christmas break and again, we didn't want to run the risk of not being able to release a fix for a bug and not have an app store able to release it.

We understand it may affect a group of players still participating in the War Leagues but we had to take a calculated risk in order to be ready in case bigger critical bugs appeared. We wanted to make sure we had enough time to address them.

I believe the above quote should answer the reasoning behind the TH 13 release.
    Last edited by LapDawg; December 9th, 2019 at 07:08 PM.

Your company took the greedy path this time and put many players at a disadvantage, simply because you knew people would pay to play to get their THs and troops maxed for the last battle in CWL. What a shame. Thanks for showing your colors again Supercell. Another reason im done with this greed filled company. Have fun falling for this companys nonsense. Im out !! and so are many others ive spoken too.
    Last edited by Bakunin; December 9th, 2019 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.19

I don't believe it was a money grab. Most of the th12 to th13 upgrades were done with free stuff players had already stored up and were ready to use whether it was today or in two days. Of the small number who spent a gems, again most of them likely spent gems they already had. Of those who spent real money today, many of those would have done the same in two days. Now we are down to those who spent real money specifically and only because they wanted an advantage in war today and would not have spent any money any other time. SC won't even notice that small amount of money compared to the tens of millions it will make this month.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I don't believe it was a money grab. Most of the th12 to th13 upgrades were done with free stuff players had already stored up and were ready to use whether it was today or in two days. Of the small number who spent a gems, again most of them likely spent gems they already had. Of those who spent real money today, many of those would have done the same in two days. Now we are down to those who spent real money specifically and only because they wanted an advantage in war today and would not have spent any money any other time. SC won't even notice that small amount of money compared to the tens of millions it will make this month.
    Just to add to this, even if sc released the update after cwl, it would still have affected next season, as there is no matchmaking in cwl and u would still face th13s in next month. By staying in master 1, the chances of that just reduced a bit. Anyone who gems will have advantage in shorter term.

Fresh Spawn
    Hey guys!!! I completely agree that this update launch is unfair in relation to CWL and ppl who is fighting there to not be demoted or to be promoted!!! So this unfair advantage of heroes and etc. thatís kinda unexpected and totally unfair action. I posted btw the same post yesterday, but it hasnít been released here 😁😁. My opinion: Supercell should adjust manually the results of current CWL and at least not demoting any clan, because of their adverse impact into the competition

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    They (SC) should have worked out this scenario before realizing the update for sure!! No excuses here!! They knew the update release date and they could postpone the CWL or just cancel it for this month. These steps would be taken accordingly as fair and I think ppl would take it normal. But THAT action that happened had no excuses like (Christmas and etc.). They just didnít notice this aspect can take such an effect. Sadly

Quote Originally Posted by raja1 View Post
    Just to add to this, even if sc released the update after cwl, it would still have affected next season, as there is no matchmaking in cwl and u would still face th13s in next month. By staying in master 1, the chances of that just reduced a bit. Anyone who gems will have advantage in shorter term.
    As to affecting next season. Yes it would affect, but ppl could choose to be in or not taking into account itís affecting. But doing this way (as it was done), just leaving ppl without a choice cuz they are already in the CWL. NOT FAIR!!!
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; December 10th, 2019 at 05:22 PM.

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    All's fair in love and war. Ever heard of the phrase? Do you and likeminded others expect SC to not have CWL in January or at all until there are X amount of TH 13s available? Do you know how many people will be upset at that decision all because of the TH 13 update due to some crying it unfair to their clan?

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    All's fair in love and war. Ever heard of the phrase? Do you and likeminded others expect SC to not have CWL in January or at all until there are X amount of TH 13s available? Do you know how many people will be upset at that decision all because of the TH 13 update due to some crying it unfair to their clan?
    Why do you try to relate January and other consecutive things to the event that affected specific CWL month. Every single event that will be after the update, you have an option to be affected or not. But December CWL who was in, had no option to be out in the middle of the CWL

Quote Originally Posted by dss80 View Post
    Why do you try to relate January and other consecutive things to the event that affected specific CWL month. Every single event that will be after the update, you have an option to be affected or not. But December CWL who was in, had no option to be out in the middle of the CWL
    Well, it wasnt released in the middle of cwl.. Only day 7 was affected, and although it was taken advantage of by some, and may have had some impact, it wasnt dropped in time for anyone to do anything overly significant.

War is constant.. whenever they dropped it would affect players.. Had it been today, then anyone whom is on prep day for regular spin would face the same situation, and the war log would be on the line, rather than a few medals.

Darian gave the reasons.. It happened.. Early January it all starts again.. Everybody starts from day 1 prep again.

For those that failed due to the update (even tho it was only 1 war day), they get a full month to push the weights in preparation for another go..
    For those that got relegated, its dust yourself down time, then try again.

The game was ready for an update.. No time is a good time for some, dependant on current situation.. But its here now, let the arms race begin again.. Will be 12-18 months before something as big happens again.

It affected us on day 7. We were first and playing 2nd place. They all gemmed their heroes and new troops and proceeded to 3 star all our bases. On what planet is that fair mate. You have posted without any thought to possible scenarios that have taken place. Supercell have rigged this CWL to maximise profit and I have no idea why people are defending them. This is not a fair playing field because Supercell chose money over FairPlay.