Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell choose money over fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by Jamzy001 View Post
    It affected us on day 7. We were first and playing 2nd place. They all gemmed their heroes and new troops and proceeded to 3 star all our bases. On what planet is that fair mate. You have posted without any thought to possible scenarios that have taken place. Supercell have rigged this CWL to maximise profit and I have no idea why people are defending them. This is not a fair playing field because Supercell chose money over FairPlay.
    There is NOTHING unfair about this scenario. Your clan could have done the same thing, but chose not to. Unfair implies that the opponent had an advantage that you were incapable of using as well. This is not the case, hence fairness does not enter into it.

If you are F2P, you should be happy people continue to spend money as otherwise you would be forced to another game anyway.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    There is NOTHING unfair about this scenario. Your clan could have done the same thing, but chose not to. Unfair implies that the opponent had an advantage that you were incapable of using as well. This is not the case, hence fairness does not enter into it.

If you are F2P, you should be happy people continue to spend money as otherwise you would be forced to another game anyway.
    You have missed my point my friend. I understand that we could have done the same as the opponents. Supercell gave everyone the opportunity to do so......by spending money. It is not fair because CWL has been decided by the size of someone’s wallet! This game is played by many children as well as many people who can not afford the finer things in life. There is an ethical issue here. I agree that the gemmers make the game great for the rest of us by filling Supercell’s pockets. I have no problem with that. Any big business needs funding. Big business also needs great planning and attention to detail. This release will have been planned for months in detail. It is incredibly naive to believe that Supercell hadn’t planned this to maximise revenue at an opportunistic moment....day 7 of CWL. In that moment, they put profit befor FairPlay in my opinion. It is elitist and of very poor taste. There will have been clans that bullied people into upgrading “for the win”. There will have been people kicked out of their clans for not gemming troops. There will have been parents paying the cost for children spending when they should’t have.
    Last edited by Jamzy001; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamzy001 View Post
    You have missed my point my friend. I understand that we could have done the same as the opponents. Supercell gave everyone the opportunity to do so......by spending money. It is not fair because CWL has been decided by the size of someone’s wallet! This game is played by many children as well as many people who can not afford the finer things in life. There is an ethical issue here. I agree that the gemmers make the game great for the rest of us by filling Supercell’s pockets. I have no problem with that. Any big business needs funding. Big business also needs great planning and attention to detail. This release will have been planned for months in detail. It is incredibly naive to believe that Supercell hadn’t planned this to maximise revenue at an opportunistic moment....day 7 of CWL. In that moment, they put profit befor FairPlay in my opinion. It is elitist and of very poor taste. There will have been clans that bullied people into upgrading “for the win”. There will have been people kicked out of their clans for not gemming troops. There will have been parents paying the cost for children spending when they should’t have.
    Most of the upgrades came from players using free tools such as their saved up gems, books, hammers, etc. Of that small number who spent actual money, many of them would have done so anyway if the update dropped two days later and didn't do so just to get an advantage in one CWL war. Of that very small number (relative to total players) who spent money just to get an advantage in CWL and would not have spent money if the update dropped two days later: that amount of money likely isn't even noticed by SC given the game makes tens of millions per month and December is/was going to be huge either way.

And, even if all of that is wrong (I don't think it is), what makes you think dropping the update on the last (or second to last) day of CWL is the day that would make the most money as opposed to earlier in CWL when more clans still had a chance to take first and, thus, more clans had a reason to want to upgrade?

I do think SC should have told us ahead of time that it was planned for Monday, although I also understand why they didn't.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:02 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Ahaha...
    Thank goodness this thread is not in General section..
    If not..it would be shut down immedietly like all the other thread similar to this.
    I myself will report this thread..if it was in General.

But..its in this section...
    So...carry on the whining then..
    Cheers..

p/s : MOVE ON buddy..

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi83 View Post
    Ahaha...
    Thank goodness this thread is not in General section..
    If not..it would be shut down immedietly like all the other thread similar to this.
    I myself will report this thread..if it was in General.

But..its in this section...
    So...carry on the whining then..
    Cheers..

p/s : MOVE ON buddy..

It would not be shut down in general. Similar discussions took place in general. There is no forum rule against this discussion. Since it relates to CWL it makes sense that it is in this forum.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It would not be shut down in general. Similar discussions took place in general. There is no forum rule against this discussion. Since it relates to CWL it makes sense that it is in this forum.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...bout-the-money

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-of-the-update

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...e-Journey-Ends

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-though-Darian

Are u sure bout that?
    All are similar posts..well maybe a little different in their description..but all leaning towards 1 thing only = whining about the update dropping in cwl time frame.

And all end up being closed.
    Its not needed & have been discussed over & over & over & over...well, u get my point..

Like i said..if this was in General section..i would be one of the first person reporting this thread.

But since its in this section (obviously not a lot of peeps come here compared to general)...well then OP..keep on the whining..
    Last edited by Tobi83; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi83 View Post
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...bout-the-money

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-of-the-update

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...e-Journey-Ends

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-though-Darian

Are u sure bout that?
    All are similar posts..well maybe a little different in their description..but all leaning towards 1 thing only = whining about the update dropping in cwl time frame.

And all end up being closed.
    Its not needed & have been discussed over & over & over & over...well, u get my point..

Like i said..if this was in General section..i would be one of the first person reporting this thread.

But since its in this section (obviously not a lot of peeps come here compared to general)...well then OP..keep on the whining..
    Yes, I'm sure about that, although I should have been more clear and noted it wouldn't be shut down just due to the topic of the discussion.

Of course, it might be shut down for the reasons those threads you referenced were shut down. Did you read them to see why?

Threads are often shut down when they get too personal, when they repeat a discussion in another thread, when there is a sticky thread at the top specifically for that discussion, when they try to be a personal message board to a specific person, etc.

Threads are not shut down for being critical of SC. That is allowed all the time.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:11 PM.

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    I agree with 2222 at post #23. People are indeed forgetting about those who stockpiled their Magical Items for such the occasion when the next update dropped.

It has already been said before: if you (those who're crying foul over the update during the last of CWL) had the Gems (Note: ignoring Magical Items due to the topic's title) to max out your new TH 13 base; would you?(????)?

I said it before and I'll say it again: All's FAIR in Love and War!!!!!

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    A couple of reminders...

For the OP: main forum rule no.5 "Do not attempt to claim to represent or speak on behalf of Supercell if you are not a Moderator or Supercell employee. Do not deliberately and/or maliciously spread false information about Supercell games, moderators or employees."

For everyone else: main forum rule no.19 "You may not discuss publicly any (disciplinary) actions taken by staff, moderators or support such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads etc. Also, posting publicly any private messages / emails, regardless of topic, you have received from either staff, moderators or support is prohibited."

Carry on...

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    A couple of reminders...

For everyone else: main forum rule no.19 "You may not discuss publicly any (disciplinary) actions taken by staff, moderators or support such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads etc. Also, posting publicly any private messages / emails, regardless of topic, you have received from either staff, moderators or support is prohibited."

Carry on...
    Understood. Thank you Bakunin for the reminder.

EDIT: I'm reminded of a post which I wrote a few years ago. And I think my metaphor is still valid.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post8812250

---
    Lynn
    December 15, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:27 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread