Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell choose money over fairplay

Not according to Darian.. His reasons given seem legit.. You have your mind set so we will disagree.
    I take it you are f2p.. Early doors, the gemmers get the upper hand..
    Is normal..
    If it wasnt for gemmers, then nobody would be playing..
    As to whether they could have managed without the upgrades.. That question can never be answered.
    I hammered 13 on release, and used the champion on day 7..

I prefer regular war to cwl.. I think of cwl as being for medals.. Each to their own on that one.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 12th, 2019 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dss80 View Post

They (SC) should have worked out this scenario before realizing the update for sure!! No excuses here!! They knew the update release date and they could postpone the CWL or just cancel it for this month. These steps would be taken accordingly as fair and I think ppl would take it normal. But THAT action that happened had no excuses like (Christmas and etc.). They just didn’t notice this aspect can take such an effect. Sadly
    !
    No, they should not have done that. Cancelling CWL completely would have been way worse, would have impacted way more people and would have made way more players angry. It isn't even a close call. There is no doubt that would have been worse overall. Instead, what they should have done is announced the week before that it was probably going to drop on Monday, with a warning that sometimes there are delays. Unfortunately, the last time they did tell us the update date and it was delayed players acted completely unreasonably with complaints in response and that likely has caused SC to not want to tell us the planned date again.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamzy001 View Post
    Our clan were top of our Masters1 league and looking towards victory and first time promotion to Champs 3. During round 7, Supercell dropped the TH13 update promoting our final opponents (also with a chance of promotion) to spend all of their cash to instantly max out their heroes and purchase all the new troops on offer. They then proceed to 3 starring our bases and finish our chance of promotion.

I have heard Supercell spouting off about FairPlay but I think this might now be the time to find a new game. What is the point in competing within a rigged competition with a cash hungry governing body? I know we won’t be the only ones this has affected. Well done Supercell, you have shown your true colours. You will not get another penny from me and I hope that you lose millions in monthly profits from like minded people.
    I am really sorry this happened to you. We were facing the #8 clan, so they didn't even bother to complete all their attacks. But I was worried about the scenario you described.

When did you guys start your matchmaking & when did you get matched?
    Our clan was in crystal 2 & we started the cwl search right away and were matched fairly early meaning that our cwl finished a day or so before the th13 drop.
    Many in our clan were anticiparing the update dropping on Wednesday or Thursday (near the end or at the end of cwl) so we made sure to start the search as soon as we could.
    Did you start the search as soon as you could or did you wait awhile? Or did the search take too long?

Please dont get me wrong..
    I do feel for OP, and anyone else that got caught up.

I do think that they would have dropped 13 earlier tho, if profit were the real reason, and catch the full season..
    It had to drop sometime.. My preference is during cwl as it happens, since anything that happens there I simply shrug off..
    I get it that for others its different..

Indeed, it was SC that drove me here in the first place, to rant and find answers to the MMA change that opened the door to lop sided engineering back in '16.. It was destroying our war log.. Something I do care about (History shows it led to us becoming roster engineers, not that I knew what roster engineers were at the time).

So, as I said.. It had to drop some time, and no time is good for everybody..
    Unlucky for those that were affected.. But now its here.. The gemmers get the early start, and everyone else will catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    When did you guys start your matchmaking & when did you get matched?
    Our clan was in crystal 2 & we started the cwl search right away and were matched fairly early meaning that our cwl finished a day or so before the th13 drop.
    Many in our clan were anticiparing the update dropping on Wednesday or Thursday (near the end or at the end of cwl) so we made sure to start the search as soon as we could.
    Did you start the search as soon as you could or did you wait awhile? Or did the search take too long?
    Speaking for myself, we had to wait till our regular war was done and then we started cwl search right after. It was over mid-way through the signup period when we started the search, which did take longer than usual for whatever reason. The update dropped during our final war of the league.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamzy001 View Post
    ...I have heard Supercell spouting off about FairPlay but I think this might now be the time to find a new game. What is the point in competing within a rigged competition with a cash hungry governing body? I know we won’t be the only ones this has affected. Well done Supercell, you have shown your true colours. You will not get another penny from me and I hope that you lose millions in monthly profits from like minded people.
    I think your perception of FairPlay from Supercell differs from their written Safe and Fair Play policy. Please see link below.
    https://supercell.com/en/safe-and-fair-play/

---
    Lynn
    December 12, 2019
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I think your perception of FairPlay from Supercell differs from their written Safe and Fair Play policy. Please see link below.
    https://supercell.com/en/safe-and-fair-play/

---
    Lynn
    December 12, 2019
    Following the link posted by Lynn..
    On reading thu it, I came across a puzzler in "Other Unacceptable Behaviour"..
    Now then.. Number 5 caused me to frown..

What do they mean by "Messing With Matchmaking"?..
    Is this anti engineer.. Or is there something more sinister at play?

(apologies to Jamzy001 for the hijack of his thread)
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 13th, 2019 at 12:24 AM.

They know what they're doing. Dont be fooled. $

IGN: Aidan - Leader, lvl 227
    Invictus Fire - Level 18

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    They know what they're doing. Dont be fooled. $
    Gemmers gem whenever an update drops.. It gives them a short term advantage.. Shame the timing affected some cwl clans.
    They usually do everybody a favour, when they spend their cash.. It keeps the servers open for the f2p, and those like me whom only spend on the season pass.