Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notifications reappear for old/completed support issues. Since October 2019 update

Notifications reappear for old/completed support issues. Since October 2019 update

I reported this originally in the October update bugs thread, but it may have gone unnoticed. I checked after the December update, and am experiencing the same issue.

Update has caused notification to appear for old/completed help & support issues, making it seem like there is a new notification. This happens each time I log into the specific base on the specific device where I submitted the support request initially.

The only way to get rid of the red notification is to open the help & support section and then close it. But that only removes it for the current session, and it will reappear the next time I log in on that device and account.

Inside my TH watching it snow on my village
    Are you referring to a device notification, or are you talking about the in-game alert badge?
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    For humor: Tips and tricks on how to get people to see your posts
    —Kooky KO

Quote Originally Posted by KookyKO View Post
    Are you referring to a device notification, or are you talking about the in-game alert badge?
    in-game alert. The red square with an exclamation point on the Settings icon, and then the red square with a number in it on the Help and Support button.

I also get a banner bar at the top of the screen that shows for a few seconds when switching to that account on the device. The banner shows the first line of the response from support.

Quote Originally Posted by Blorbo View Post
    in-game alert. The red square with an exclamation point on the Settings icon, and then the red square with a number in it on the Help and Support button.

I also get a banner bar at the top of the screen that shows for a few seconds when switching to that account on the device. The banner shows the first line of the response from support.
    Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    —Kooky KO

I have not. I have three different devices and have SCID saved for multiple accounts on each. The notification only appears on the device used to submit the request.

One of the notifications was an issue resolved in January. The notification did not appear each login until the October release occurred.

I'd prefer not to go through the hassle of recreating all of my saved accounts on this by deleting and reinstalling just on the hopes it will work without any information suggesting that it should resolve that type of problem.

I have not. I have three different devices and have SCID saved for multiple accounts on each. The notification only appears on the device used to submit the request.

One of the notifications was an issue resolved in January. The notification did not appear each login until the October release occurred.

I'd prefer not to go through the hassle of recreating all of my saved accounts on this by deleting and reinstalling just on the hopes it will work without any information suggesting that it should resolve that type of problem.
    Most of the time, troubleshooting involves a trial-and-error process to find the solution to a problem. I can never give a 100% guarantee that my proposed solutions will work and many times my suggestions come from support articles, troubleshooting threads, or solutions discovered by someone else.

Another suggestion I have from personal experience contacting support (not that I have ever experienced this issue) is to open the conversation with support and see if it gives asks you if the solution helped. If so, click yes and submit a rating to see if that fixes the issue.

You can also force closing the app or try restarting your device by powering it off and then back on.
    Last edited by KookyKO; December 12th, 2019 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Fixing an incomplete sentence
    —Kooky KO

I did try submitting a rating on one of the entries, but it did not resolve the issue. I force close the app regularly.

I hadn't thought of restarting the device, so I just did that now. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue.

I appreciate the suggestions. If it seems to be only me and nobody else experiencing this type of issue, the delete and redownload of the app may be necessary. My comment above about not wanting to do that was under the impression that this was a server-side issue and not on my end.

I did try submitting a rating on one of the entries, but it did not resolve the issue. I force close the app regularly.

I hadn't thought of restarting the device, so I just did that now. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue.

I appreciate the suggestions. If it seems to be only me and nobody else experiencing this type of issue, the delete and redownload of the app may be necessary. My comment above about not wanting to do that was under the impression that this was a server-side issue and not on my end.
    If it is only on one device and force closing the app and restarting your device does not resolve the, than it cannot hurt to try reinstalling the app. Even if it does not work, I am more than willing to continue troubleshooting the issue.
    —Kooky KO

I deleted the app this morning and downloaded again. Even though deleting said it would remove all data, when I logged back in after downloading, all of my SCID accounts were there.

It did not eliminate the reappearing notification.
    Last edited by Blorbo; December 14th, 2019 at 02:23 PM.

I deleted the app this morning and downloaded again. Even though deleting said it would remove all data, when I logged back in after downloading, all of my SCID accounts were there.

It did not eliminate the reappearing notification.
    The reason all of your accounts remained there is because your village is attached to your device.

Anyways, this issue seems to be device related considering it does not happen on your other devices. Therefore, the next course of action to try resolving this issue is to erase all content and settings in order to reset your device to factory default settings.