Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5v5 wars

Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBrianBoru View Post
    Started a 5v5 war search 25 hours ago
    5v5 is an odd one.. Not much for the MMA to work with, and the probable check boxes can prob make matching iffy, using an oddball roster..
    I would expect that if you have enough of your weight towards the top hall, then it will likely mostly ignore what is at the bottom..

Do you have a big anchor, then a decent gap to whatever else you are putting in your roster?

A single base at the top, then basically scraps, may well struggle..
    Using 2 accounts, much like OP, gives 40% of the roster covered, and maybe 60%+ of the weight.. It will make the MMA's job of sorting something much easier..

The more accounts that have a common link at the top, the quicker it should match.. But the less top end advantage that can conceivably be gained

5v5 i not an odd war setup. What is odd is having 2 TH2 at the bottom with a th10 at the top. In our baby clan we run 6/6/6/5/5 occasionally and usually match withing 30 minutes.

Further, expecting to get matched with a clan with bottom th2 and similar top is wishful thinking. The top 3 outweigh the bottom 2 by so much that your overall weight will usually match someone with a more normal line.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; December 13th, 2019 at 04:24 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

5v5 is a gateway to wars, a way for tiny growing clans to get into wars a bit earlier.

But 5v5 was never intended to be a long term staple for clans. Once a clan reaches level 5 the option for 5v needs to sunset. Clans should grow over time.

We could even make a case for sunsetting 10v10 wars at higher levels.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    5v5 is a gateway to wars, a way for tiny growing clans to get into wars a bit earlier.

But 5v5 was never intended to be a long term staple for clans. Once a clan reaches level 5 the option for 5v needs to sunset. Clans should grow over time.

I moved away from 10v wars simply to try and stop the draws.. 5v must be rife with them.

4 days searching , 2 th9s , 2 th8s and a th7 .

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post

I definitely disagree with sunsetting one of the two most popular war sizes (10v and 15v) and not just because my clan does a lot of 10v but because it is one of the most popular. I could see sunsetting 5v at some point in a clan's journey.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBrianBoru View Post
    4 days searching , 2 th9s , 2 th8s and a th7 .
    surprised. mind sharing the account details? any defenseless?