Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Legend league, reward or punishment?

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoroxbr View Post
    I think legend needs an increase at loot, or increase some attacks, like 12 per day.
    5 star bonus: 900K/900K/4500

Legend League Bonus: 340K/340K/2400 --> 8 attacks == 2720K/2720K/19200

Legend League Loot for attacks: max 450K/550K/6500 --> 8 attacks == 3600K/4400K/52K

All in all 7220K/8020K/75.7K .. per day, from attacking

Add to that, the production value of 24 hours of maxed collectors and maybe an additional war attack per day on average.

With 8 attacks a day, you will be using some resources but, you will run out of storage space within 2-3 days, almost regardless of your army cost.

Right NOW, I'm running with boosted collectors and 4x daily 5 star bonus on top of the usual, meaning my storages fill up in 2 days but my treasury will fill up in one, WITHOUT any war loot going in.

Am I missing something? I have 6 builders working and my laboratory is waiting for something to do, because I booked an upgrade to day to get rid of resources.. I got Runes that I need to use too, over the next 21 days.

Legend certainly is a punishment to me, because I'm hard pressed to be able to use the resources that flows in...

/Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Forum Superstar
    While I definitely would not view it as either a reward or a punishment, I have been playing in Legends since it was first added to the game. The update that limited attacks while eliminating clouds was a huge quality of life improvement. It could result in fewer attacks per day, but the clouds used to be so long at times that you couldn't do 8 attacks in a day anyway.

But even assuming you would be able to get more than 8 attacks in each day, you lose no loot when you are attacked and it is difficult to spend the loot from 8 attacks a day anyway. I have all 6 builders busy already and since everything takes a week or two to upgrade there really isn't a need to get loot any faster. The only thing that more attacks would change is that walls could be done more quickly, but at a cost of buildings being done more slowly (since only 5 buildings would be upgraded at a time instead of 6).

I can see why some people wouldn't like the Legend League system (especially if they have not gotten used to it yet), in which case dropping to Titan 1 is the way to go. I defintiely find it to be a nice improvement for myself and am unlikely to ever leave legends.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    its been some time when they changed legends & made it only 8 attacks. but i still did not understand what problem SC has, to allow more attacks for other purposes?

i mean 8 attacks for trophies & loot. then after that you can attack as much as you want, but you wont gain any trophies nor loot. but those attacks still count towards, clan games,season challenges,events. just drop in some bot bases. after 8 attacks is finished, the player faces all bot bases from 9th attack onwards. nothing gained except practice & challenges completion.

does this require some huge coding work?
    I hadn't heard that suggestion before but it is actually a pretty good one. I would even take it further and say that the 9th attack onward would give loot as well, just no trophies. The main reason to limit attacks was that you would fall out of legends league if you didn't make countless attacks per day, so they limited it to 8. But if only 8 count for trophies then more attacks wouldn't be a problem and the biggest drawback of legends league (that you can only get loot for 8 attacks per day) would be eliminated.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zifrian View Post
    It’s hard to do challenges. I mean, how do you attack a maxed base with 42 goblins?

This is the frustration I have and I’m not into the competition part of the game. I’d just like a flag that maxed my trophies to 4999 and I do not put me in legend league.
    Low legends league does not require perfect armies. You just delete some of your normal army and replace it with 42 goblins.

Legend needs an upgrade at loot or attack numbers

Pro Member
    I have no qualms with legends, between two accounts hitting 16 attacks a day, well I just don't have the time like I used to so it's more than enough attacks for me, but it would be nice if we could choose to opt out on the sign up screen and than drop 200 or (some other amount) of trophies without having to do manually drop which is a real hassle to do and if you're goal is to farm and earn loot, now you have to take L's on purpose and end up losing loot in the progress. QOL in my books.
    Last edited by Tvsever; December 10th, 2019 at 06:47 PM.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoroxbr View Post
    Legend needs an upgrade at loot or attack numbers
    I thought that was going to be the case as well when they first added the 8 attack system, but then I did the math (which Affront did for you right after the last time you posted in this thread). There is 7 million gold, 8 million elixir, and 75K dark elixir available each day from attacking (not counting our current 4X bonus and not counting collectors). With how long our upgrades take we really can't spend it as fast as it comes in. More attacks would let us finish walls a bit faster, but then we would just be bored a bit sooner when we run out of even walls to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I hadn't heard that suggestion before but it is actually a pretty good one. I would even take it further and say that the 9th attack onward would give loot as well, just no trophies. The main reason to limit attacks was that you would fall out of legends league if you didn't make countless attacks per day, so they limited it to 8. But if only 8 count for trophies then more attacks wouldn't be a problem and the biggest drawback of legends league (that you can only get loot for 8 attacks per day) would be eliminated.
    Loot as well - endless 550/450/6500 bases with killer league bonus..... Sounds a wee bit OP don’t you think? Some folks would max those 100 new walls in a weekend.

Pro Member
    + not losing loot means you can save for bigger items more efficiently. Unless your able to spend all you're loot before everything break in Titan a good chunk is going back into the pool when your shield is down.
    Last edited by Tvsever; December 10th, 2019 at 08:08 PM.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    its been some time when they changed legends & made it only 8 attacks. but i still did not understand what problem SC has, to allow more attacks for other purposes?

i mean 8 attacks for trophies & loot. then after that you can attack as much as you want, but you wont gain any trophies nor loot. but those attacks still count towards, clan games,season challenges,events. just drop in some bot bases. after 8 attacks is finished, the player faces all bot bases from 9th attack onwards. nothing gained except practice & challenges completion.

does this require some huge coding work?
    Absolutely it would.

The whole way legends works was changed significantly. You don't search for bases at all now, you are allocated your 8 targets at the start of the day.

So they would have to add something that allowed legends players to attack each other in the "normal" way, but with no loot, no trophies, and obviously it would have to be limited to other Legends players.

I also don't think, after that work (which would definitely be significant), that many would take up the option. It is only a very small number complaining that 8 isn't enough (and nearly as many seem to think it too many).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)