Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hammer and book price imbalance

Millennial Club

Hammer and book price imbalance

Ok....im sure the regulars will have their negative reaponses to this as they do to every idea lately but here goes.

The books.....in the trader shop the book of heros cost 500 gems whereas the rest cost 900 some.....

So the hero book costs less than the other books.

The hammers.....hammer of heros costs more league medals than the other hammers......why??

If you ask me the same concept should apply in both areas. Either the book of heros should cost more than the other books......or the hammer of heros should cost less than the other hammers......

And I don't want to hear about rarety of the items and what not.

If you're gonna come up with a reason as to why the same principal should not apply in both areas, do better than tali about rarety.
    Last edited by bobkoch1984; December 8th, 2019 at 07:44 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    Ok....im sure the regulars will have their negative reaponses to this as they do to every idea lately but here goes.

The books.....in the trader shop the book of heros cost 500 gems whereas the rest cost 900 some.....

So the hero book costs less than the other books.

The hammers.....hammer of heros costs more league medals than the other hammers......why??

If you ask me the same concept should apply in both areas. Either the book of heros should cost more than the other books......or the hammer of heros should cost less than the other hammers......

And I don't want to hear about rarety of the items and what not.

If you're gonna come up with a reason as to why the same principal should not apply in both areas, do better than tali about rarety.
    I actually agree with you so let’s increase the book of heroes from 500 to 900. Done.
    Last edited by Tosti111; December 8th, 2019 at 07:59 PM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    I think the reason is probably the resources.

The books don't give any resources, they just give time. And up to now, the longest time a hero book can give is 7 days (will be 8 after this update), while the other books give up to 14 days.

But with the hammers, they also give the resources, and up to 240K (290K after this update) of dark lix is rather harder to collect than 12 million(18 after this update) of gold or lix.

The rune of dark costs twice the amount (3000 gems) that the runes of gold or lix cost (1,500 each)

Personally, I'm not sure that quite justifies the amount of difference between the two situations, but it is the only explanation I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Millennial Club
    Thanks guys. At least there is some insight here. I don't feel like I'm the only one questioning this difference now. A reasoning of time versus resources does make sense.
    Last edited by bobkoch1984; December 8th, 2019 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    Thanks guys. At least there is some insight here. I don't feel like I'm the only one questioning this difference now. A reasoning of time versus resources does make sense.

I'm with ya on that. That's why I wait until Clan Games, Events, or the Season Pass so I can get them w/o paying gems! (Ok, the season pass is 5 bucks...whatever).

I'd also add that the BoH costing 500 gems entices people to buy them more often due to the importance of heroes in attacking, especially wars, so booking them is/can be very useful.
    If someone doesn't have 500 gens, they'd be more likely to spend cash on a gem pack to get the book.
    I'd love to see the data on how many BoHs are bought per month vs the other books combined.
    I wouldn't be surprised if BoHs bring more revenue to SC each month than all the other books combined.

Forum Superstar
    I'd argue the hero hammer is far more useful than the building hammer, so i was never surprised it costs more.