Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I hope they release th13 after cwl.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlade72nd View Post
    How is this different with a regular war? Is there ever a good time to drop an update so that nobody has a disadvantage? I was aware that an update could be released soon. I adapted and did not do my last CWL attack yesterday for this reason. This evening I will crush my opponent, if everything goes as planned ;-)
    The different is:
    I regular war takes 2 days and loosing it means only you might loose your win steak

The CWL you plan a hole week only for the ranking at the end of that week. For some clans that could be the reason to get up or down the ladder.

For use in Europe you can compare that with a soccer tournament and you would also not change the rules in the middle of it or even worse in the middle of a game.

And for Ajax you need all clubs even the little league even if there games do not count for the world champion ships because there might be the players of the next one. But that only works if there stay interested until there times might come

The top active warclans have probably also an impressive winstreak that they worked on for a lot longer then the CWL. Most top warclans play wars every day. So chances are then 50% that you will change the rules in the middle of the game.

It was absolutly clear that TH13 was comming. A lot of people predicted this date so it should not be a surprise. You knew that that SC changes the rules of the game during the game. They did that before with legend league. So it would be very easy to hold of your attack until the end of the war day.
    RazorBlade from the clan De Baar Bazen
    TH13:V BBK:70 AQ:70 GW:43 RC: 20 | Clash of Stats: RazorBlade | De Baar Bazen

SC has officially lost their dang minds by dropping a major update before cwl has ended. There's no good reason to not have waited 2 more days. Smh.

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlade72nd View Post
    The top active warclans have probably also an impressive winstreak that they worked on for a lot longer then the CWL. Most top warclans play wars every day. So chances are then 50% that you will change the rules in the middle of the game.

It was absolutly clear that TH13 was comming. A lot of people predicted this date so it should not be a surprise. You knew that that SC changes the rules of the game during the game. They did that before with legend league. So it would be very easy to hold of your attack until the end of the war day.
    Very much agreed, those that cared enough about it would have left their attacks as late as possible, knowing it could have been today.

I predicted today, I even said so this morning before any sign of the update was coming, but did my last hit yesterday as I'll spend time later working out what to upgrade straight away, instead of worrying about a war attack.

I don't see why people were thinking cwl was simply going to delay a major update by a few days, it's not in Sc's interest to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    And since neither this CWL or the next one count for ESL qualifying, it only matters for pride this month anyhow.
    In Champs 1 that's so. That's under 0.07% of the clans playing CWL. For the rest of us it's rather different.

In many other leagues people are playing for one spot for promotion. Champs 2 and 3 are pretty competitive. Maybe not with the same quality as Ch1, but still it's 8 teams, all reasonably equal and all trying. Even M1-3 can be competitive now with so many TH12s.

This month we've gone with our best roster rather than rotating about 25 TH12s, some with the blue paint barely dry, in a push for promotion from Ch3, after repeately finishing 2nd or 3rd with slightly weak rosters. We're 6-0 at the end of day 6 and 12 stars ahead of the other team that's 5-1. They have an easy war and we're facing the clan in 3rd.

And then... update drops a couple of hours before the end of day 6. Fortunately our opponent had used all their attacks in day 6; we had 3 left, but well ahead, so day 6 wasn't affected. But suddenly we're looking at who can be TH13 in day 7 rapidly so we don't get rolled. If our opponent all go TH13 we could get flattened by potioned troops and that's our week ruined. Quite a lot of effort - plenty of FC, most people running multiple warbases so we can rotate and don't get spied, and then day 7 turns into a nonsense
    Last edited by OnyxDS; December 9th, 2019 at 11:45 AM.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    In Champs 1 that's so. That's under 0.07% of the clans playing CWL. For the rest of us it's rather different.

In many other leagues people are playing for one spot for promotion. Champs 2 and 3 are pretty competitive. Maybe not with the same quality as Ch1, but still it's 8 teams, all reasonably equal and all trying. Even M1-3 can be competitive now with so many TH12s.

This month we've gone with our best roster rather than rotating about 25 TH12s, some with the blue paint barely dry, in a push for promotion from Ch3, after repeately finishing 2nd or 3rd with slightly weak rosters. We're 6-0 at the end of day 6 and 12 stars ahead of the other team that's 5-1. They have an easy war and we're facing the clan in 3rd.

And then... update drops a couple of hours before the end of day 6. Fortunately our opponent had used all their attacks in day 6; we had 3 left, but well ahead, so day 6 wasn't affected. But suddenly we're looking at who can be TH13 in day 7 rapidly so we don't get rolled. If our opponent all go TH13 we could get flattened by potioned troops and that's our week ruined. Quite a lot of effort - plenty of FC, most people running multiple warbases so we can rotate and don't get spied, and then day 7 turns into a nonsense
    Great synopsis well put.

Centennial Club

Quite disappointing

Quite disappointed with the timing of the update. CWLs were the tip of the iceberg for the past year and even though this month is not tied to any esport qualification, etc, its rather inapropriate to update the game in the middle of a tournament. Had to say it.

Banned
    Agree. If I was in a top clan I’d be super annoyed if this was the reason for losing a CWL. Just wait a couple days. What was the rush?
    Last edited by Himewad; December 9th, 2019 at 12:01 PM.

About it already ( not first day ) Discuss here :

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...th13-after-cwl
    Last edited by Bbeehhaappyy; December 9th, 2019 at 12:02 PM.

Banned
    Well, no one ever claimed SC made the brightest decisions. Just look at the builder base as exhibit A.