Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I hope they release th13 after cwl.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The timing of the update and the last couple days of the Clan War Leagues is an unfortunate convergence of things.

The War Leagues fully end on Wednesday, where all participating Clans will have concluded their final battles. Releasing the update then would only leave us Thursday and Friday to patch any critical issues that could potentially pop up when an update goes live - before some of the app stores close for the weekend which would prevent us from getting further fixes out to you.

Furthermore, deploying it next week was not an option as some of the app store teams leave for their company's Christmas break and again, we didn't want to run the risk of not being able to release a fix for a bug and not have an app store able to release it.

We understand it may affect a group of players still participating in the War Leagues but we had to take a calculated risk in order to be ready in case bigger critical bugs appeared. We wanted to make sure we had enough time to address them.
    And where the teams which have dev access informed about the update release date or that it would drop during the CWL season?
    Wanna see your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS !
    ===>More info on the official thread <===

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasvs View Post
    And how would that have changed stuff? People who would spend crazy amount in the beginning would have had also an huge advantage (even more since they have days where they can use maxed heroes and new defences). Than it would really have been pay to win CWL. Now only one or 2 days gets effected and people knew this was comming, so it isnt that they couldnt prepare.
    Prepare for what? An update where you did not get an comitted release date? Sure we all know there would be an update which day noone could really tell. I have beleaved SC would be that sensitve to put it after the cwl.

My point is I would like to have a fair match, and that is only given if everyone has the same chances for the warday. So yes for me it would be more fair to have the update even before the cwl start that gives everyone the same chance and not in the middle.

Lets compare it with a soccer game where the rules where chanced within the 90 min game.

By the way I have my war attack still open that's not the point here.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #123
    Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    Prepare for what? An update where you did not get an comitted release date? Sure we all know there would be an update which day noone could really tell. I have beleaved SC would be that sensitve to put it after the cwl.

My point is I would like to have a fair match, and that is only given if everyone has the same chances for the warday. So yes for me it would be more fair to have the update even before the cwl start that gives everyone the same chance and not in the middle.

Lets compare it with a soccer game where the rules where chanced within the 90 min game.

By the way I have my war attack still open that's not the point here.

Let's compare it to a hypothetical situation where players games were constantly crashing or the game stopped working or something that would prevent players from playing the game. Those are much higher priority, and we needed to make sure we had enough time to address them.

When you release a software update, even with the most stringent QA in place, bugs will still always get through as there is no such thing as perfect code. While we've done as much testing as we can, we simply cannot reproduce hundreds of millions of players doing billions of attacks so there are some situations we may not be able to test for. In instances like that, we need to make sure we have a respectable amount of time to collect information and have the programmers fix them as quick as possible.

We cannot do that if the app stores are closed and we cannot upload a patch update to fix the bugs.

Yes it sucks to do it on the last couple days of the War Leagues, but as I said, it was necessary. Furthermore, the update is out. We are not going to roll it back just for the last CWL attacks. Fortunately there haven't been any game breaking bugs so far.

As to delaying the CWL, we also wanted to make sure players could get their Hammers to do their upgrades right away, so again, not an option.

I get it, you're upset. That feedback has been passed on.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

The timing of the update and the last couple days of the Clan War Leagues is an unfortunate convergence of things.

The War Leagues fully end on Wednesday, where all participating Clans will have concluded their final battles. Releasing the update then would only leave us Thursday and Friday to patch any critical issues that could potentially pop up when an update goes live - before some of the app stores close for the weekend which would prevent us from getting further fixes out to you.

Furthermore, deploying it next week was not an option as some of the app store teams leave for their company's Christmas break and again, we didn't want to run the risk of not being able to release a fix for a bug and not have an app store able to release it.

We understand it may affect a group of players still participating in the War Leagues but we had to take a calculated risk in order to be ready in case bigger critical bugs appeared. We wanted to make sure we had enough time to address them.
    What you're saying makes sense, but would it have hurt to say "we're planning to release TH13 on Monday barring any last minute bugs, so prepare your CWL strategy around that." My clan is likely to get relegated from Champs 2 (after being there for 9 months) as a direct result of the update timing. Our wars end at a horrible time for us due to a 15 hour matchup search, designed to promote fairness. We've been unable to hold attacks until war end. I dunno, I just feel cheated.

Maybe cancel all CWL league relegations this month (at least in high leagues) to counter this unfairness?
    || TH 13 || LVL 210 || GG 2Bn || EE 2Bn || HH 18.1m || BK 65 || AQ 66 || GW 40 || RC 5 ||
    || Leader of '$£ SWAG £$' || #8PCCPQRY || Lvl 16
    || CWL Champs 2 || 461 Wins ||

Was it necessary to start CWL when you did? These may be good reasons for launching the update today but some foresight could have led to starting CWL early enough to be complete prior to the update.

Let's compare it to a hypothetical situation where players games were constantly crashing or the game stopped working or something that would prevent players from playing the game. Those are much higher priority, and we needed to make sure we had enough time to address them.

When you release a software update, even with the most stringent QA in place, bugs will still always get through as there is no such thing as perfect code. While we've done as much testing as we can, we simply cannot reproduce hundreds of millions of players doing billions of attacks so there are some situations we may not be able to test for. In instances like that, we need to make sure we have a respectable amount of time to collect information and have the programmers fix them as quick as possible.

We cannot do that if the app stores are closed and we cannot upload a patch update to fix the bugs.

Yes it sucks to do it on the last couple days of the War Leagues, but as I said, it was necessary. Furthermore, the update is out. We are not going to roll it back just for the last CWL attacks. Fortunately there haven't been any game breaking bugs so far.

As to delaying the CWL, we also wanted to make sure players could get their Hammers to do their upgrades right away, so again, not an option.

Yes but you seams not to learn! You get the same feedback releasing "Blue Sky" before the end of season.
    And now doing the same thing again?

I never said you need to roll it back I am old enough to know that this is not possible.
    And yes I know that no SW or even HW is perfect. I can tell you the last chip tested 100% was a Z80.

But I see you do not want that kind of feedback. Maybe its time to find something new to spend my free time on

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultGuy6 View Post
    SC has officially lost their dang minds by dropping a major update before cwl has ended. There's no good reason to not have waited 2 more days. Smh.
    Absolutely. What was SC thinking??? 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Question the Logic of releasing TH13 During CWL

This is highly controversial as many clans have been penalised for using all of their attacks before the update.

Clans in Champion I (mostly max TH12S) are boosting heroes and troops to easily get 3*s. It is quite serious in Champion I CWL and many clans will be demoted due to this. Champion I CWL is the most competitive part of the game.

What is the point of releasing the update while CWL is still going on?

The update is great by the way, but I do question the above.

Thanks!

Answer from SC by Manager Darian :

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ter-cwl/page13

Please discuss in that thred.
    Soon something happen

Full information.