Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I hope they release th13 after cwl.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    Yes but you seams not to learn! You get the same feedback releasing "Blue Sky" before the end of season.
    And now doing the same thing again?

I never said you need to roll it back I am old enough to know that this is not possible.
    And yes I know that no SW or even HW is perfect. I can tell you the last chip tested 100% was a Z80.

But I see you do not want that kind of feedback. Maybe its time to find something new to spend my free time on
    Last thing I remember top player deal with it ... Get over it ...
    And I'm not yet seen top CWL player come here upset with big update ...

So far so good eh ...
    Good luck with new hobby ...

Thanks & apologies as I couldn't find any other thread on it!

The majority of players in Champion I would have already had hammers stored. A lot of people will be unhappy today as clans will be demoted from Champion I CWL due to this.

Pro Member
    We're on our last war day in Masters 1.

-The enemy clan attacked early last night.

-We saved all of our attacks for today as we are generally late attackers.

Safe to say, the enemy clan are gonna be absolutely crushed when we get home from work tonight. It's gonna be a 3 star th13 bloodbath.

We secured mathematical promotion by day 6 anyway so this timing won't affect our local league battle too much. Can't say the same for other clans/leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The timing of the update and the last couple days of the Clan War Leagues is an unfortunate convergence of things.

We understand it may affect a group of players still participating in the War Leagues but we had to take a calculated risk in order to be ready in case bigger critical bugs appeared. We wanted to make sure we had enough time to address them.
    One thing that would have mitigated it, is if the intended timing had been announced, even a day or two in advance. At least then clans could plan; they could keep attacks back if they cared. It would be more level between the sides. Now it's largely random if clans have used their attacks or not. If you are up against a one-country clan doing all their hits in the last 4 hours you could be completely trashed this war, through no fault of your own. The timing still wouldn't work for everyone, and some would have a disadvantage, but they could minimise it.

It's the complete unexpectedness that is part of the problem. And this has been an issue since wars began - the rules of the game suddenly changing mid war, without any prior warning.

The other thing would have been to have waited just one day. It's what, 70% of CWL matches start in the first day? So that way most people would have been finished. And even for those not finished there would have been no Th12 defence if just 25 hours later. Updates have been on Tuesdays before. Again not perfect, but it would avoid much of the problem
    Last edited by OnyxDS; December 9th, 2019 at 02:58 PM.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    One thing that would have mitigated it, is if the intended timing had been announced, even a day or two in advance. At least then clans could plan; they could keep attacks back if they cared. It would be more level between the sides. Now it's largely random if clans have used their attacks or not. If you are up against a one-country clan doing all their hits in the last 4 hours you could be completely trashed this war, through no fault of your own. The timing still wouldn't work for everyone, and some would have a disadvantage, but they could minimise it.

It's the complete unexpectedness that is part of the problem. And this has been an issue since wars began - the rules of the game suddenly changing mid war, without any prior warning.

The other thing would have been to have waited just one day. It's what, 70% of CWL matches start in the first day? So that way most people would have been finished. And even for those not finished there would have been no Th12 defence if just 25 hours later. Updates have been on Tuesdays before. Again not perfect, but it would avoid much of the problem
    Wether it's regular war or CWL... It's happen

There are dozen clan around the globe with different time zone doing regular war and cwl

SC stick with their work time once it has been approved from official store

I remember once they commit with date and missed

Better this way I think

There's always time for next CWL

I think the winter jam was a fair warning

Monday was probably the best day to release the update, leaving almost 5 days for bugfixing. The timing might be a bit unfortunate for the last CWL wars but is isn't neither game breaking nor a big deal. CWL is mainly random anyway, random groups of 8 clans withing their tier. Releasing a new th level every 18 months occasionally interfering with other running seasons or events seems acceptable to me.

Much of the current discussion seems to be lead by the 'what may happen if', but the 'may' seems to be considered as a fact before it even happened and without the certain knowledge that it will happen at all, e.g. oppenents will gem/book/hammer their th13's and smash your clan.

I'm positively surprised by the current planning and rollout of the current update. Sneak Peeks from Mon-Fri, Th12 event on the weekend, patch notes on the weekend, update live stream on Sunday, Update on Monday right after the Winter Jam has finished. This looks like a pretty streamlined and almost flawless release and a long term planning and meeting the deadlines for th13.

One thing that would have mitigated it, is if the intended timing had been announced, even a day or two in advance.
    Agreed. The post by Darian for the timing makes a lot of sense and so does telling us all that on Friday so for these wars today they aren't decided by who happened to attack later rather than earlier.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Totally agree, especially if it happened that some teams with dev access did get informed about it.
    Last edited by Sakat; December 9th, 2019 at 03:36 PM.
    Wanna see your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS !
    ===>More info on the official thread <===

Quote Originally Posted by Zelonius View Post
    I think the winter jam was a fair warning
    Based on that I warned my clan on discord and clan mail that an update was POSSIBLE from the moment winter jam ended (and people shouldn't be caught out and miss attacks - with our battle day ending some 2 days later). In fact I typed in clan chat for the remaining 2 people to attack ASAP just in case... about 30 seconds before the maintenance started.

BUT, even then I was telling people it was unlikely the update would happen before Tuesday due to CWL. The fact is we were guessing. We'd taken steps to plan for it - but with no actual information, there wasn't so much we could do.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e