Thread: Brass production/ Key maker

Brass production/ Key maker

My suggestion is that there could be a brass production/key maker building. To make the brass, you would first need to mine the copper from your mine. The copper would be a rare alloy/ore. You would need ten copper ores to produce 1 brass bar. It would take 20 hours to produce 1 brass bar. You would need 2 brass bars to make a brass key. It would take 24 hours to make 1 brass key. The keys would be used to open the chests you can find on your farm or other peoples farms. Depending on the chest you are opening would determine how many brass keys you need to open it. The small toolbox would require 1 brass key, while the big box would require 2 brass keys, and the huge chest would require 3 brass keys. The treasure chest found in the water by your town would take 3 brass keys to open as well, just like the huge chest. You could use a key/keys instead of diamonds as another option. The keys would have to take a long time to produce so it wonít eliminate the diamond option. The brass and key buildings would only have 1 production slot, and the player would not be able to purchase more with diamonds. I donít want the keys to be a saving grace from the diamond option. The diamonds are an important part of the game, but the keys would be another option.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobh202 View Post
    My suggestion is that there could be a brass production/key maker building. To make the brass, you would first need to mine the copper from your mine. The copper would be a rare alloy/ore. You would need ten copper ores to produce 1 brass bar. It would take 20 hours to produce 1 brass bar. You would need 2 brass bars to make a brass key. It would take 24 hours to make 1 brass key. The keys would be used to open the chests you can find on your farm or other peoples farms. Depending on the chest you are opening would determine how many brass keys you need to open it. The small toolbox would require 1 brass key, while the big box would require 2 brass keys, and the huge chest would require 3 brass keys. The treasure chest found in the water by your town would take 3 brass keys to open as well, just like the huge chest. You could use a key/keys instead of diamonds as another option. The keys would have to take a long time to produce so it wonít eliminate the diamond option. The brass and key buildings would only have 1 production slot, and the player would not be able to purchase more with diamonds. I donít want the keys to be a saving grace from the diamond option. The diamonds are an important part of the game, but the keys would be another option.
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

this is a really cool and novel idea
    Last edited by WussyPuss; December 8th, 2019 at 05:43 AM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I agree, sounds fun.

I’ll leave the timing to the more experienced players, lol, but yeah, I like it.

Thanks for the pic, Katana! (And Tahoe for getting a working link, lol.)

I still need a new quote, though. Waiting for just the right one.

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    I like this idea very much too! Iím assuming the keys could be sold in the RSS? If anyone would want to sell them theyíd go for a premium price Iím sure!

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    I like this idea very much too! Iím assuming the keys could be sold in the RSS? If anyone would want to sell them theyíd go for a premium price Iím sure!
    If it would help balance the game, then sure. I envisioned that the keys would be hard to come by. Iím not sure about the price though. As in I donít know how much they would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

this is a really cool and novel idea
    Thank you. Iím glad to be here! Iíve actually thought about this idea for while now.

Best case scenario, diamond usage rate on chests stays unchanged. Worst case scenario, a huge percentage of diamond-chest openers decide to "brasskey" and never spend another diamond on chests. What would SC's incentive be to run with this? Not to mention subverting the original purpose of these chests - clearly a diamond sink feature.

Perhaps you can find a way to tweak the idea so that SC can somehow make more money, not less. Example: brasskey production uses diamonds, or one brasskey takes up 20 inventory spaces (barn pressure sells diamonds), etc.