Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Healers getting nerfed at TH13

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    Why do you assume players that complain about Pekkasmash can't use it themselves? I can't speak for everyone but I know how to play Pekkasmash and still want it nerfed. I play it rather rarely, but when I do it's usually successful.

The reason why I don't play it often is because it involves a lot of rng. You can hardly predict what your troops do after they get into the core, and you depend on your healers to switch on your pekkas.

But that is really the only downside of Pekkasmash. It's almost impossible to build bases against the strategy, there is always an pekkasmash entry that somehow works. The strategy is by far not as vulnerable to small mistakes as other strategies, some Pekkas and Bowlers go around - that's not the end of the world. There are no key defenses you need to take out initially. No surgical deployment, just get everything in the core. If the funnel doesn't work as intended you can just back it up with more Pekkas....

There is no wonder that Pekkasmash is by far the most used strategy by th12s in Master and Champion League. That hurts the diversity in the game. I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy watching Pekkasmash attacks all day in war and Legends. Changing the meta is important to keep the game fresh and interesting. The average player will surely find another simple strategy to use, Yetismash and the Icegolem+witches+bowler strat are looking promising.

You know which strategy also gets a big hit? - Sui Lalo, a very strong strategy but only very few players can use it efficiently. I use it a lot in Legends and war. But have you seen me complaining about scattershot and the additional hero? I mastered many different strategies, I can easily adapt. And so should everyone else.
    Well you have identified flaws with pekkasmash. it's not a guaranteed 3 star and not even a guaranteed 2 star if traps etc take out healers and troops don't walk.

people like diversity but will use an attack strategy that works.
    instead of nerfing everything that works why not bring all troops to an equal footing and people will use them.

for example I tried govawi yesterday and failed miserably because the valks died far too easily even under max heal spell.

so if supercell wants diversity how about at least making valks and other less used troops more effective and they will be used

one of the frustrations with golems is they get stuck behind a wall and lag behind the rest of the army while the army dies.
    why not allow them to jump walls so they are more effective and stay in front of the army? and surprise..people will use them.
    healers get stuck healing an ice golem or normal golem while the army dies. why not make it so the healers ignore them?

instead of negatively gearing everything which leads to frustration anger and the dark side why not bring effectiveness to EVERY troop and people will naturally tend to diversity and have more enjoyment in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by skeleton68 View Post
    Well you have identified flaws with pekkasmash. it's not a guaranteed 3 star and not even a guaranteed 2 star if traps etc take out healers and troops don't walk.

instead of nerfing everything that works why not bring all troops to an equal footing and people will use them.

for example I tried govawi yesterday and failed miserably because the valks died far too easily even under max heal spell.

so if supercell wants diversity how about at least making valks and other less used troops more effective and they will be used

one of the frustrations with golems is they get stuck behind a wall and lag behind the rest of the army while the army dies.
    why not allow them to jump walls so they are more effective and stay in front of the army? and surprise..people will use them.
    healers get stuck healing an ice golem or normal golem while the army dies. why not make it so the healers ignore them?

instead of negatively gearing everything which leads to frustration anger and the dark side why not bring effectiveness to EVERY troop and people will naturally tend to diversity and have more enjoyment in the game.
    I agree there have been times in the past they nerfed a popular strategy rather then buffing other troops. However, I do think th12 was pretty well balanced for a top hall.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Crab Claw
    Quote Originally Posted by skeleton68 View Post

I agree about valks. However i think there is maybe a reason they cant buff them past a certain point. Valks have additional ai that has them target buildings that are touching. So they are bery hard to predict / control. As the base your attackinh gets bigger this becomes more apparent. Its sad they got a little buff recently and they deserve more. But it could be a delicate balance with valks as they are OP or useless due to what they are I think. I conisider them ninjas That can destroy a small section. (But at the momenet they arent doing that job well enough) Thing is that awesome splash value is great but people build bases that dont get 3* by edrags and it also stops valks. So there may be one in a thousand bases that are set up well to attack it with valks.. Hard to know how good they truelly are with that likelyhood of seeing one. Govalo used to be my favourite attack it would be nice to be able to ise it again in some form...
    Last edited by Wachichi; December 9th, 2019 at 07:52 AM.

It comes down to base design. Our top bases has only been 3 stared 2 times since TH12 was released.

Most clan struggle to 2 star them.

Pekka Smash isn't a spam attack.
    Last edited by QSWarz2019; December 9th, 2019 at 09:27 AM.