Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL needs tiers set up to fix sandbagging

Centennial Club
    We’ve been in Crystal 1 for last 3/4 months floating between 2-4 place and this month we’re in a really good battle for top spot with another clan. It’s the first time we’ve really outmatched our opponents and we have 20 th12s and the rest th11s.

A lot of us have stuck around a while in this clan and upgraded to th12 together every month we’ve in theory got stronger which makes sense.

With th13 coming out next imminently, I’m intrigued to see what master 3 (if we get promoted) will be like and how many 12s/13s we see.

We are also going to Master 3 this season. I do not think SC should interfere with hardcoded rules for the league. Because people will always find a workaround. Its simple now, let it stay simple. A rule about number of th12s or anything will just break the game.
    Skuld (#28PGRLRLP)
    Clan: Ninkyo (#
    28Q8LPJ8)
    (Clan Recruitment)

Quote Originally Posted by KnowProphet View Post
    I don’t think it would be overly complex to just make specific numbers of TH levels per tier- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So because two TH12 left us last month we should get punished, because we may not meet the criteria of your 'spicific numbers of TH Levels per tier' anymore?
    Or we should let our TH12 go, because they won't fit into the rooster anymore? But once we move up, they should return? Because we can finally put them into the roster?
    Or we need to recruit two more TH11, because the specifics dictate we need them to be eglible to fight in that league?

Already does sound like a real hassle to me.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; December 8th, 2019 at 01:44 PM.

Pro Member
    Clan compositions change all the time. Upper THs may leave causing mismatches in CWL, but the reverse can happen as well. A group of higher THs may move into a clan as well. For example, about a year ago a bunch of people I was in a clan with left our old clan and joined a new one. Everyone that migrated was either a TH11 or 12. We joined a clan that was in low crystal for CWL. We quickly moved up and out. We are currently in Masters I. With CWL only being once a month, it will take awhile for these clans to move up.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    I don’t think it would be overly complex to just make specific numbers of TH levels per tier- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It probably wouldn't be over complex.

But it certainly isn't going to happen. It would go totally against the concept of how CWL works.

If you want that type of league, go to the externally run ones (which I presume is what you mean be "real"). They serve a completely different purpose to the internal CWL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushThreepwood View Post
    While I applauded SC on their attempt to curb CWL sandbagging it doesn’t seem to be working. I really thought their solution would motivate stronger clans to move up in leagues for more medals.

Unfortunately CWL is still a depressing mismatch most of the time for my clan in crystal 2. It just gets old having to attack 2 TH above yours nearly every war. 9v11 and 10v12 attack’s arent much fun.

Maybe the bonus medals for wins need to be increased to motivate winning more?
    If you are in Crystal 2 with several TH9 & TH10 in your line up, then it isn't other clans sandbagging, it is that you are doing better than would be expected. Last season we got promoted from Crystal 1, and only saw one TH10 all season (no TH9).

While Crystal 2 will be a bit easier than Crystal 1, I still wouldn't expect to see more than 2-3 TH10 in many clans, and often fewer, with only very occasional TH9s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

The “theory” that clans will find their correct clan league level after time is so seriously flawed. The “real” leagues have tiers set up so that the matches are as equal as possible without clans manipulating the “system”. So that attacking skill and base design determine the winner, not having a bunch of mediocre th12’s drop down to crystal III so they can go up against clans with a few 12’s and a bunch of 11’s 10’s and 9’s.... c’mon. Do you really need the win that bad? So Lame
    There are even rosters with many 12s in gold.. They arent there for easy wars, or cleaning up bonus awards..
    They are there because they are either inactive as a clan, or just plain not very good.

CWL is performance based, not weight..
    That performance is measured by progression, playing skill, and activity (you have to show up to make a difference).

With your proposal, it may help you climb a little further with your under progressed bases, which I guess are regular war bases too.. But it would be totally unfair to those clans that struggle to win with the weighted matching, so use that extra base weight in order to compete against more skilful clans..

I agree there are clans that sandbag.. But roster weight is no guide as to what the clans intentions or ability are..

Quote Originally Posted by rurunix View Post
    I feel you, this definitely stinks when clan dominates all the 6 games in master 2 and then forfeit the 7th game so they can stay in master 2 and always gain +9 bonus medal.

But there are much bigger fish to fry like farming bots, recruitment AI, and stuff.

All these fix will require Machine Learning / Complex AI algorithm and SC will make best judgment on which issue should be prioritize the highest
    It has nothing to do with bigger fish to fry.. CWL is working as intended..
    It is an unweighted performance based ladder system.. They dont need any algo, except one that will place a clan in a league with 7 random clans from the same tier..
    Those that choose to throw wars are simply penalising themselves..

Any roster blend will "match" in cwl.. Could you imagine trying to match groups of 8, whilst staying within the matching parameters of regular spin?.. Cant happen, wont happen..
    For those that wish to preserve their optimum war weight, either stick to regular war, or accept heavier opposition once they push through that bracket..

As others have said.. How can they guarantee cwl to all, and set a restrictive criteria for entry?..

Maybe they should make those that dont fit the mould sit out?..
    Or maybe, those that dont like the current set up can simply opt out?..

Wonder which of the 2 choices SC would opt for?
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 8th, 2019 at 09:56 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    There are even rosters with many 12s in gold.. They arent there for easy wars, or cleaning up bonus awards..
    They are there because they are either inactive as a clan, or just plain not very good.

CWL is performance based, not weight..
    That performance is measured by progression, playing skill, and activity (you have to show up to make a difference).

With your proposal, it may help you climb a little further with your under progressed bases, which I guess are regular war bases too.. But it would be totally unfair to those clans that struggle to win with the weighted matching, so use that extra base weight in order to compete against more skilful clans..

I agree there are clans that sandbag.. But roster weight is no guide as to what the clans intentions or ability are..

It has nothing to do with bigger fish to fry.. CWL is working as intended..
    It is an unweighted performance based ladder system.. They dont need any algo, except one that will place a clan in a league with 7 random clans from the same tier..
    Those that choose to throw wars are simply penalising themselves..

Any roster blend will "match" in cwl.. Could you imagine trying to match groups of 8, whilst staying within the matching parameters of regular spin?.. Cant happen, wont happen..
    For those that wish to preserve their optimum war weight, either stick to regular war, or accept heavier opposition once they push through that bracket..

As others have said.. How can they guarantee cwl to all, and set a restrictive criteria for entry?..

Maybe they should make those that dont fit the mould sit out?..
    Or maybe, those that dont like the current set up can simply opt out?..

Wonder which of the 2 choices SC would opt for?

Oooo Ooooo I know the answer to that question.