Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL needs tiers set up to fix sandbagging

CWL needs tiers set up to fix sandbagging

The “theory” that clans will find their correct clan league level after time is so seriously flawed. The “real” leagues have tiers set up so that the matches are as equal as possible without clans manipulating the “system”. So that attacking skill and base design determine the winner, not having a bunch of mediocre th12’s drop down to crystal III so they can go up against clans with a few 12’s and a bunch of 11’s 10’s and 9’s.... c’mon. Do you really need the win that bad? So Lame
    Leader injoiGaming #82JU2LOR Player Tag #LCY99VV8
    Feeder Clan injoiWarriors #R2LQOGJ2
    Clash Track Website - War Log - Progress Log

I feel you, this definitely stinks when clan dominates all the 6 games in master 2 and then forfeit the 7th game so they can stay in master 2 and always gain +9 bonus medal.

But there are much bigger fish to fry like farming bots, recruitment AI, and stuff.

All these fix will require Machine Learning / Complex AI algorithm and SC will make best judgment on which issue should be prioritize the highest
    Last edited by rurunix; December 8th, 2019 at 02:31 AM.

I don’t think it would be overly complex to just make specific numbers of TH levels per tier- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Leader injoiGaming #82JU2LOR Player Tag #LCY99VV8
    Feeder Clan injoiWarriors #R2LQOGJ2
    Clash Track Website - War Log - Progress Log

Quote Originally Posted by rurunix View Post

All these fix will require Machine Learning / Complex AI algorithm and SC will make best judgment on which issue should be prioritize the highest
    I can write the code for that while 3 starring a Max Th13 (with my pinky).

While I applauded SC on their attempt to curb CWL sandbagging it doesn’t seem to be working. I really thought their solution would motivate stronger clans to move up in leagues for more medals.

Unfortunately CWL is still a depressing mismatch most of the time for my clan in crystal 2. It just gets old having to attack 2 TH above yours nearly every war. 9v11 and 10v12 attack’s arent much fun.

Maybe the bonus medals for wins need to be increased to motivate winning more?

Clans that play low like that are winning less medals. The whole design of CWL is much like trophy pushing, which rewards progression. I don’t find anything wrong with that. As long as your clan upgrades as much as average it is going to win about 50% of the time just like my clan, although maybe in different tiers. They definitely need to adjust the “initial placement” of new clans on the tiers now, though, to better represent the average weights of how the tiers are now, rather than the first ever CWL.
    Last edited by 2222; December 8th, 2019 at 03:17 AM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowProphet View Post
    I don’t think it would be overly complex to just make specific numbers of TH levels per tier- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Every clan is different tho, even in regular clan wars we aren't matched th vs th

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushThreepwood View Post
    While I applauded SC on their attempt to curb CWL sandbagging it doesn’t seem to be working. I really thought their solution would motivate stronger clans to move up in leagues for more medals.

Unfortunately CWL is still a depressing mismatch most of the time for my clan in crystal 2. It just gets old having to attack 2 TH above yours nearly every war. 9v11 and 10v12 attack’s arent much fun.

Maybe the bonus medals for wins need to be increased to motivate winning more?
    Maybe you are 2 high up if you have 9s on your roster in crystal. Actively warring i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowProphet View Post
    The “theory” that clans will find their correct clan league level after time is so seriously flawed. The “real” leagues have tiers set up so that the matches are as equal as possible without clans manipulating the “system”. So that attacking skill and base design determine the winner, not having a bunch of mediocre th12’s drop down to crystal III so they can go up against clans with a few 12’s and a bunch of 11’s 10’s and 9’s.... c’mon. Do you really need the win that bad? So Lame
    There are mismatches now because of the recruitment tool, from what I believe. My clan picked up town hall 12s to complete our lineup and were promoted last month.

Do you think they would on purpose stay in Crystal where the rewards are much less? Not arguing just genuinely asking - I want to be in the highest league we can manage for best medal rewards to be honest

Justice - Leader of Lethal Demise #9QJJU9J8
    Level 21!!!

Click Here to join the Lethal Family of Clans