Thread: I want to better my clan, but we're disagreeing and agreeing on all different things.

Unhappy I want to better my clan, but we're disagreeing and agreeing on all different things.

Long story short, me and my friend decided to make a new clan because our old clan wasn't run very well. I'm the leader, and I have a Co-leader who I consider to be a founder as well.

We initially wanted a clan that was fun, social, but very competitive with warring. But since it's a newer clan, we can't help but to feel forced to be lenient towards players who miss attacks, and I don't really like that. While the other leader, he feels that it's okay when people miss clan war league attacks (especially ones who never opt in, or IRL friends)

I setup an entire Discord server for the clan, I have rules, announcements, a chat, but there's just those few people that we don't agree on kicking, that ultimately miss attacks, or never donate, and I just want them gone (They are IRL friends/family).

Since it's not a level 10 clan yet, I feel forced to keep people who're setting us back in terms of the Clan War League. I work really hard to keep this clan going, and it grew very fast, but I'm steaming out when it comes to running my clan. I feel as if I should be just joining another clans CWL that I have been invited to before, since I take the game more seriously and competitively (100% max th12).

What would you do if you were in my position? Ignore the feelings of the other leader and clean up the clan members who just dont seem to offer that much? Or should I just continue to be lenient and pray my good members don't get tired of it and leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Sevz View Post
    Long story short, me and my friend decided to make a new clan because our old clan wasn't run very well. I'm the leader, and I have a Co-leader who I consider to be a founder as well.

We initially wanted a clan that was fun, social, but very competitive with warring. But since it's a newer clan, we can't help but to feel forced to be lenient towards players who miss attacks, and I don't really like that. While the other leader, he feels that it's okay when people miss clan war league attacks (especially ones who never opt in, or IRL friends)

I setup an entire Discord server for the clan, I have rules, announcements, a chat, but there's just those few people that we don't agree on kicking, that ultimately miss attacks, or never donate, and I just want them gone (They are IRL friends/family).

Since it's not a level 10 clan yet, I feel forced to keep people who're setting us back in terms of the Clan War League. I work really hard to keep this clan going, and it grew very fast, but I'm steaming out when it comes to running my clan. I feel as if I should be just joining another clans CWL that I have been invited to before, since I take the game more seriously and competitively (100% max th12).

What would you do if you were in my position? Ignore the feelings of the other leader and clean up the clan members who just dont seem to offer that much? Or should I just continue to be lenient and pray my good members don't get tired of it and leave?
    I was in the same situation with my former clan..
    We got a good start, built up the war log.. then decided to expand..

This is where it all started to go wrong for me..
    The reason we started up the clan, was because the previous one had no focus.. in anything really..

Once our clan went on the casual spiral, the friction started..
    I eventually handed over leadership.. Then eventually pulled my accounts, and went to the alt clan..

they are doing ok still.. they still win more than they lose, and even got promoted in cwl..
    For me.. I started in the bronze 1 position it was at, and pushed onto gold 2.. i havent the size or time to go any further I dont think..
    1 man clan and real life means pre cooked troops, and a lack of base progression in between seasons..
    But I am good about it.. and the guys are doing fine without me.. Everybody is happy..

If you feel you need to kick.. Then do so.. It may backfire of course..
    If you feel the need to move on.. Then do so... You may feel later it was a mistake..

What I dont think you should do.. Is let it continue as is.. Seems pointless if you dont enjoy it..
    The game, same as life, is about making choices.. If you dont look back, you can have no regrets.

As an edit.. Kicking real life friends and family can bring consequences that reach far beyond the game..
    Do you really feel that a game is worth causing division in real life?..
    Maybe your friend has got this one right, now that I read it over again.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 7th, 2019 at 10:26 PM.

Talk about them to your friends IRL. Let them know they've been inactive, if they have been kick em out, means they don't care that much bout the game anyway.

Thx to Holmes GFX for this awesome Sig! Visit his shop here
    Add me as a friend here, and I'll add u back ^_^
    Need a clan? =)
    Check mine out if you want here

The game is not as important as real life friends.
    We are just all bits here, and bits are not guaranteed - neither is friendship but the latter hurts more.

Explain to your friends you thoughts and vision for the clan. Liken it to a sport team. If you have a 5 man basketball team and one guy constantly doesn’t show up, how long would you let this happen. A friend should understand this.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 14 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 50| GW 20 - League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L55 | BK: 55| GW 30 - League: Legends (Highest) | Max Tropies: 5000+

If I'm in your situation I will not kick them ,but definitely i will not bring them into regular war Untill they're asking to be included and proving they will make use both attack.

But for long term. The non RL family/ friend who never make any attack or donating, Definitely i will kick em While actively recruiting new member.

You could ofcourse leave out those who don‘t attack from CWL,
    you can take them to war, which can still be a pain, but not to CWL. That‘s one solution and only presumes you have enough clannies.

The other solution is, you build up your clan through CW and yourself check out CWL with a forum clan.
    We did do Forum CWL and that was very competitive. We had a mixed CWL for all TH lvls and a TH12 only CWL which got as far as a couple of stars short of being promoted to Champs 1, now THAT was competitive and opposition was very strong indeed.
    Sadly interest dwindled and of late we couldn‘t get 15 Th12s to sign up. And had mixed CWL only.
    So, if you want to keep your clan and have a more competitive CWL experience, join the Forum event. The clan disbands after CWL is over, and everybody goes home to their original clan.
    If you are interested, send a PM to sowad, deadnettle (or me, but I am out of organising this atm).

Hope this helps.

Have Fun
    TS
    Last edited by TullSadum; December 11th, 2019 at 07:10 AM.

mid TH13 ... lvl 226 ... 65 ... 70 ... 50 ... 10
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet .
    Poem, Journey to full Lavas Video.

It’s a Too Common Story I’m afraid.
    Until your Clan Hits Level 10, You are at the Mercy of the Masses or so it appears.
    I feel your Pain as I’ve been in your Shoes.

Centennial Club
    If you are a Maxed out Clan Leader, you will ALWAYS be held back by your Clan unless it is a high level clan full of maxed players also. You might want to turn over you clan to the Co-Leader and join a highly competitive clan for maxed out players.

It is very plain and simple to me... You are very passionate about clash and your members are not. We encountered some of the same problems but have gotten over the hump you are talking about purely because there were more than 5 core members who falt out loved clash. I think you should give us a shot if you keep struggling and start losing your passion for clash.

Dead GiveAway
    #289YY28U2

• New War Clan officially est. Nov 16, 2019
    • 40 Members Strong
    • Passionate Veteran Players
    • Very Active Core Group
    • Constant Chatting and Donations
    • U.S Based
    • Use Discord for further communication
    • 90% War Win Rate
    • 18+ (Most members are between 20-30)
    • Learn Any Attack Strategy
    • Fun Group with No Filter
    • If Interested Contact BeEazy on Forums or robbieswole14#8769 on Discord
    • Only requirement is that you are not rushed and are very active!

Join Now

More about us...

We are a group of mostly college guys who are addicted to clash. Our core group of about 5-7 members is on 24/7 and are really active with donations etc. We are striving to build an elite clan and will not stop until we do so. However, we need more active members to do bigger wars and have more fun inside the clan. The more solid members that join the more weak members we can weed out. Thank you if you made it this far and whether you choose us or not, I hope you have fun clashing. You'll make the right choice if you know what I mean

Clash On,
    B-Eazy