Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Gear-ups Has Any worth?

Does Gear-ups Has Any worth?

Does gear-ups has any worth besides just completing the achievement and for unlocking the Otto?

Depends on how you use them. The higher dps of the double cannon and archer tower can be very useful if placed in your base where the lack of range doesnt hurt. If you just randomly choose a tower to gear up, not really. Mortar, gear up just looks cool but really isnt effective in my opinion.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Depends on how you use them. The higher dps of the double cannon and archer tower can be very useful if placed in your base where the lack of range doesnt hurt. If you just randomly choose a tower to gear up, not really. Mortar, gear up just looks cool but really isnt effective in my opinion.
    So plz help me choose where to put my double cannon and fast hit archer tower in my base?At the middle or at the corner?Plz help me in this regard.

The dps doubles while the range goes from 314 squares to 154. So, integrated you are losing firepower.
    Some more splashlike behavior compensates for this which does make it worth the effort.

Guess it depends if you want only 5 builders or get the the 6th. No gear ups= no Otto upgrade. I personally think it is worth it for just this reason.

Forum Legend
    Otto.
    I think the double cannon is useful if it locks on enemy hero. But otherwise all the gear ups are marginal as to whether the standard or geared up is "better" since they are supposed to be about equal, just operate differently.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Yea the canon and archer ones especially. I try to tuck them into a place where any aq walk will suddenly find itself getting hit with one of them and a few xbows. Worst case scenario attacker has to use a rage up, best case u kill aq

Quote Originally Posted by bostone View Post
    Yea the canon and archer ones especially. I try to tuck them into a place where any aq walk will suddenly find itself getting hit with one of them and a few xbows. Worst case scenario attacker has to use a rage up, best case u kill aq
    Thanks for the info.

Multi Mortar has +10% deal damage

Fresh Spawn
    Multi mortar is a little better against witches, too.