Thread: BAH HUMBUG on the derby tasks

Angry BAH HUMBUG on the derby tasks

What is it with the derby tasks? Why are 320 point tasks so scarce? What happened to train tasks, help tasks, and truck tasks?

We are a four-person neighborhood in the Championship league and yet we trash more than three times as many tasks as we do and 90% of the tasks we get are less than 320 points. I can't remember the last time we saw a train task, a help task or a truck task for 320 points come up in our neighborhood. We don't use diamonds, we don't all finish our 10 tasks in an hour because we use diamonds, sometimes it ends up taking us all week BECAUSE WE DON'T GET TASKS, and we play the game, not race through just to finish first.

I would think something could be done so that those in the Championship league, which SC knows only takes high point tasks, get those 320 point tasks. Every task we have to trash costs us in points, you can't compete with the teams that buy their way through the derby.

Okay, rant over.

I understand your frustration, and it may seem that the 320s are not coming up. Our NH only has 4 derby players also. Some of us were doing mystery tasks and some were doing regular 320 tasks. We saw all tasks come up; train, help, trucks; mine and a few baskets.

Are all of you players ‘elders’ and able to trash the board? Are you in the same time zone and there is a good bit of time where nothing is being trashed.

Also, trashing does not cost you points, unless you are aiming to be high on the Champion League Leaderboard. Then your small NH would also be a detriment.

IMO, there are far fewer NHs buying their way to win than most think. Of course, using diamonds is not cheating and it is always the player’s choice to do so. Some NHs have tried several strategies for different derbys and have found a sweet spot. Other NHs want to stick to one strategy and hope that it works for them.

I would encourage you to do a search to find discussion of derby strategy. Then try some of them. You may drop a league or 2, but you know how to get there and recover.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    I understand your frustration, and it may seem that the 320s are not coming up. Our NH only has 4 derby players also. Some of us were doing mystery tasks and some were doing regular 320 tasks. We saw all tasks come up; train, help, trucks; mine and a few baskets.

Are all of you players ‘elders’ and able to trash the board? Are you in the same time zone and there is a good bit of time where nothing is being trashed.

Also, trashing does not cost you points, unless you are aiming to be high on the Champion League Leaderboard. Then your small NH would also be a detriment.

IMO, there are far fewer NHs buying their way to win than most think. Of course, using diamonds is not cheating and it is always the player’s choice to do so. Some NHs have tried several strategies for different derbys and have found a sweet spot. Other NHs want to stick to one strategy and hope that it works for them.

I would encourage you to do a search to find discussion of derby strategy. Then try some of them. You may drop a league or 2, but you know how to get there and recover.

Thanks for responding and yes, we're all co-leaders, all very experienced players (all well above level 100), not same time zone but same continent, and yes trashing costs you points. While we don't expect to always take a first place trophy we do like to finish in the top 3 once in a while. The Mystery Derby we did most 400 tasks (boy most were awful tasks) but in spite of your supposition there are fewer NH's buying their way to win, we see it every week in our derby where the first place and even 2nd place teams, finish first day, all ten tasks at the highest points. Last week they were done by noon EST US on Tuesday. I know that using diamonds isn't cheating, did not say it was, but it would be nice if NHs could be better classed so all things are equal. For instance, Championship league NH's should get only high point tasks. That's all they do anyway. Im sure there are greater minds than mine who could better figure it out.

I wish I could say we're seeing (as 2 are still derbying) all tasks come up but we're not. We've had town, boats, crops, and products in the Mystery Derby tasks. We have seen other tasks come up in the under 300 point category (mines, townies, etc) but we trash those. No one does them. I'm sure ours isn't the only neighborhood that faces this. It's taken all the fun and joy out of derbying.

Still don't understand how trashing cost you points. It counts in global leaderboard but that's it.

However, IMO at least the regular derby has so many 320p nowadays, lots of train, help, mines etc. So much that it doesn't even make sense to prepare for harder tasks unless you play for the very top (our hood doesn't mind for placing second or third every now and then). I'm our hood leader and I very rarely spend any diamonds to speed up task.

We finish regular derby during the first day (only 2-6 members nowadays). It does make a lot of difference at what time you start your derby for what kind of opponents you'll get.

Power derby is a totally different ball game in which you need to trash quite a lot of tasks. So was your rant only about those?
    Last edited by zetis; December 6th, 2019 at 08:08 PM.

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    If your rant is also about low spawn rate for 320s in mystery derby I agree because being a solo player, getting the specific townie tasks would be too difficult for me so I’m only doing 320. But then I believe it was voiced elsewhere that different derby types have different spawn rates for 320s. I think mystery may top power derby in the #tasks that need to be trashed if u want only 320 because I did find trashing tasks this derby to be quite a chore. But then I’m also picky about which 320s I do so I trash some 320s as well. Luckily I’m on my last task.

Btw, I did not see a 320 crop, help, or feed but did see mining, town and truck this round

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoufy View Post
    What is it with the derby tasks? Why are 320 point tasks so scarce? What happened to train tasks, help tasks, and truck tasks?

We are a four-person neighborhood in the Championship league and yet we trash more than three times as many tasks as we do and 90% of the tasks we get are less than 320 points. I can't remember the last time we saw a train task, a help task or a truck task for 320 points come up in our neighborhood. We don't use diamonds, we don't all finish our 10 tasks in an hour because we use diamonds, sometimes it ends up taking us all week BECAUSE WE DON'T GET TASKS, and we play the game, not race through just to finish first.

I would think something could be done so that those in the Championship league, which SC knows only takes high point tasks, get those 320 point tasks. Every task we have to trash costs us in points, you can't compete with the teams that buy their way through the derby.

Okay, rant over.

I see that you are still in shock over the Power trash derby where the milking of the whales takes place. That is when you are just there to make the trophy buyers think they are beating someone. In recent regular derbies there have been an abundance ratio of 320 generation. As for the Mystery, in Champions league 400s should be played else you are playing for a lost cause, unless your team consists of a large number of players then the lack of the 400s may not be as critical.