Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan information settings

Clan information settings

As a Leader of a Clan, you will notice that whenever you want to edit your Clan Information, you will need to delete all text.

EXAMPLE: I have written 5 sentences in my Clan Information, but in the 2nd sentence there is a spelling mistake. For me to correct the spelling mistake, I will need to delete the text until I am at that word.

The same goes for Sending Clan Mails and Requesting Reinforcements.

This should just be a minor bug fix.

-Supermozes
    #9YL9UJRV

Quote Originally Posted by Supermozes View Post
    As a Leader of a Clan, you will notice that whenever you want to edit your Clan Information, you will need to delete all text.

EXAMPLE: I have written 5 sentences in my Clan Information, but in the 2nd sentence there is a spelling mistake. For me to correct the spelling mistake, I will need to delete the text until I am at that word.

-Supermozes
    #9YL9UJRV
    I think this is just how they code at first, doesn't seems to be a bad thing to be fixed, I always have this thought, why can't I copy of edit text at the middle, LuLz. If SC can answer your question

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelDawnAmber View Post
    I think this is just how they code at first, doesn't seems to be a bad thing to be fixed, I always have this thought, why can't I copy of edit text at the middle, LuLz. If SC can answer your question
    Hi RachelDawnAmber,

I contacted Supercell Support before I made this thread.

Supercell Support said: “I am with you on this one, try making a thread on our Forums and after enough likes and being noticed by Supercell, we might update these settings.”

I thank you for your response Rachel, we are one step closer. (:

-Supermozes
    #9YL9UJRV

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Hi RachelDawnAmber,

I contacted Supercell Support before I made this thread.

Supercell Support said: “I am with you on this one, try making a thread on our Forums and after enough likes and being noticed by Supercell, we might update these settings.”

I thank you for your response Rachel, we are one step closer. (:

-Supermozes
    #9YL9UJRV
    That really does show just how little understanding SC support have

I'm not saying this wouldn't be a good change, but suggesting it might happen "after enough likes" is just plain ridiculous, even if we actually even had likes in this forum. Clash is not a democracy, and changes are rarely made because of any perceived popularity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That really does show just how little understanding SC support have

I'm not saying this wouldn't be a good change, but suggesting it might happen "after enough likes" is just plain ridiculous, even if we actually even had likes in this forum. Clash is not a democracy, and changes are rarely made because of any perceived popularity.
    Take it from an other perspective, if a large amount of people agree with the suggested change by commenting a “Thumbs up” or so. Then Supercell staff can take this suggested change and discuss about this if it will have positive influence on the game.
    After the decision is made, the thread can be closed by placing a ❌ or ✅ at the title of the thread.

Either way, having good work related communication within the company is important.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Take it from an other perspective, if a large amount of people agree with the suggested change by commenting a “Thumbs up” or so. Then Supercell staff can take this suggested change and discuss about this if it will have positive influence on the game.
    After the decision is made, the thread can be closed by placing a ❌ or ✅ at the title of the thread.

Either way, having good work related communication within the company is important.
    If every singe person who is active on the forums upvoted a particular suggestion (and we don't actually have that feature anyhow, only reputation, which isn't the same), it would amount to les than 0.01% of the playing population - and not a remotely representative sample.

So no, and way of voting on a suggestion will certainly not be implemented in the Ideas & Feature Requests forum. Polls are quite deliberatey disabled here.
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

If every singe person who is active on the forums upvoted a particular suggestion (and we don't actually have that feature anyhow, only reputation, which isn't the same), it would amount to les than 0.01% of the playing population - and not a remotely representative sample.

So no, and way of voting on a suggestion will certainly not be implemented in the Ideas & Feature Requests forum. Polls are quite deliberatey disabled here.
    Well you can’t expect that every player that plays this game also goes online on forums to suggest ideas.
    Supercell staff needs to be happy that actual players also break the time to suggest fixes on forums.
    Players who actually play this game everyday.

But let’s get back to the actual thread. The funny thing about it is, this forum is from Supercell. I am typing a reply on this Supercell website, and I can edit every word with a single tap.

But on the Supercell game Clash Of Clans I can not edit my text with a single tap.

It’s all Supercell :/

Fresh Spawn

-Supermozes
    #9YL9UJRV
    Could not agree more!!!

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Well you can’t expect that every player that plays this game also goes online on forums to suggest ideas.
    Supercell staff needs to be happy that actual players also break the time to suggest fixes on forums.
    Players who actually play this game everyday.

But let’s get back to the actual thread. The funny thing about it is, this forum is from Supercell. I am typing a reply on this Supercell website, and I can edit every word with a single tap.

But on the Supercell game Clash Of Clans I can not edit my text with a single tap.

It’s all Supercell :/
    Not really.

The forum is run using vBulletin, which is designed and built with the express purpose of posting text messages. And while Super el, host the forums, they have no input to the software.

While Clash is written wholly by SC, and messaging is very much a secondary purpose.
    My stats (main account)

Fresh Spawn

-Supermozes
    #9YL9UJRV
    Not really.

The forum is run using vBulletin, which is designed and built with the express purpose of posting text messages. And while Super el, host the forums, they have no input to the software.

While Clash is written wholly by SC, and messaging is very much a secondary purpose.
    Are you not trying to create a more efficient system for community-building on your platform? Why relegate messaging to “a secondary purpose”?

As a clan leader, an effective personal messaging system would facilitate our abilities to discuss clan rules, resolve conduct issues, and create a viable community within our individual clans. Why is that secondary to Super Cell? Confused. Please elaborate.