Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan information settings

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JZem57 View Post
    Are you not trying to create a more efficient system for community-building on your platform?
    It isn't my platform. But no, that isn'tr the main purpose of Clash, and never has been.

Why relegate messaging to “a secondary purpose”?
    Because it is. I cannot imagine why you might thin it anything else. Clash is not a social media platform, blogging program or forum program. It is primarily a game of combat. Anythng else is secondary.

As a clan leader, an effective personal messaging system would facilitate our abilities to discuss clan rules, resolve conduct issues, and create a viable community within our individual clans. Why is that secondary to Super Cell? Confused. Please elaborate.
    That isn't even secondary. It is ruled out, so not even under consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It isn't my platform. But no, that isn'tr the main purpose of Clash, and never has been.

Because it is. I cannot imagine why you might thin it anything else. Clash is not a social media platform, blogging program or forum program. It is primarily a game of combat. Anythng else is secondary.

That isn't even secondary. It is ruled out, so not even under consideration.
    Clan War is a Combat fight and you need communication to win that fight.

You are being naive and behaviour like this as an Administrator can not be tolerated. To point out that you called on Supercell Support as being “Morons” in a formal way” in a couple replies before.

Editing Clan Information with a tap on the screen should be implemented when Clan Information was introduced. Otherwise this should be one of the minor bug fixes days after introducing Clan Information.

You are now just declining to mention a minor bug fix at the Technical Staff. P#¥sy.

I end this Thread because clearly this “Administrator” is being naive.

I am happy to see some “Thumbs up” or so, if you agree with the Clan Information Edit text suggestion.

-Bye
    Last edited by Supermozes; December 8th, 2019 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermozes View Post

You are being naive and behaviour like this as an Administrator can not be tolerated. To point out that you called on Supercell Support as being “Morons” in a formal way” in a couple replies before.

Editing Clan Information with a tap on the screen should be implemented when Clan Information was introduced. Otherwise this should be one of the minor bug fixes days after introducing Clan Information.

You are now just declining to mention a minor bug fix at the Technical Staff. P#¥sy.

I am happy to see some “Thumbs up” or so, if you agree with the Clan Information Edit text suggestion.

-Bye
    It's a device issue. I can use keyboard arrows to move back and edit clansettings and clan mail.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    It's a device issue. I can use keyboard arrows to move back and edit clansettings and clan mail.
    Alright one last time.

It’s a minor bug fix.

Alright one last time.

It’s a minor bug fix.
    Going to fix your device? Neat trick.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Going to fix your device? Neat trick.
    Are you the funny one at home?

Most games don't really care player's suggestion, unless the player itself made a video or actual thing. And it becomes very popular around the community.
    Example, Players design a Champion skin for League of Legends, full details, and Riot thinks it's good, so Riot bought it.
    Or in Path of Exile, The Guy that build the "path of building", and GGG hire that guy.

reading all suggestion and deciding which is good is too much of a work for them.

And further more, content creator, if majority of pro-players and content creator asked for something, then they would start to have a thought on that

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

I agree with the OP.
    Editing a message isn't possible and sending clan messages or change clan info feels like Stone age programming.
    It is not a device fault. Might be Android if you iOS users don't have this problem.

To me it is not a big hassle, guess I got used to the very basic way this was implemented. And because of this lack of decent editing a clan message or clan info, I simply minimized doing that.
    But it looks like a rather clumsy programming job job from supercell.

E.g. when the clan text contains a swear in a total completely other language, the words get blurred out by *******. Only seeing that when you post it makes the clan tekst looks stupid. And while you can't edit the line, only delete wat is written until you get there, it requires a lot of work just to get a clan tekst online without losing a lot of time.

A better tekst editor would therefore be nice.
    Last edited by Heethoofd; December 8th, 2019 at 09:10 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19

You are being naive and behaviour like this as an Administrator can not be tolerated.
    I am not the one being naive here. And what "behaviour" are you suggesting cannot be tolerated in an administrator. Most of the time when I post here, I do so as another player, posting my opinions the same as anybody else.

Occasionally I do have more inside knowledge than others, but not very often.

To point out that you called on Supercell Support as being “Morons” in a formal way” in a couple replies before.
    I did no such thing. Not even anything remotely close.

That is your opinion.

It may be minor, but may be something more complex,me have no way of knowing how they have coded that. You can edit the text by moving around it with the arrows, so it is a relatively minor inconvenience. Supercell are unlikely to fix it unless it really is a minor change, given it doesn't make editing impossible, and it is very much a secondary aspect of the game.

Am I indeed?

In that case I am "declining" to do something I have no power to do. We forum moderators have no special access to technical staff.

As I said above, I am not the one being naive. It is naive to think bsc are likely to put significant effort into fixing a minor inconvenience in a secondary aspect of the game which in most clans gets changed only very occasionally.

-Bye
    And where are you going to see those, given we don't have "likes" in this forum?
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Heethoofd View Post
    I agree with the OP.
    Editing a message isn't possible and sending clan messages or change clan info feels like Stone age programming.
    It is not a device fault. Might be Android if you iOS users don't have this problem.
    I am on Android, and can move around in messages using the arrow keys on my keyboard. This applies to Clan information text (which is what the OP was about), but also to clan mails, and to messages in clan chat.

Yes, it would be nice if you could tap at the spot you wanted to move to, but having to use the arrow keys us only a minor inconvenience.
    Last edited by Ajax; December 8th, 2019 at 09:54 AM.
    My stats (main account)