Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Disparity Between Leagues When Being Promoted is Dissapointing

The Disparity Between Leagues When Being Promoted is Dissapointing

How long has it been? A year? No better and yea, I know, there's no matching making. Just playing the first place one league to near bottom the next yo yo.

Just making sure you're hearing me SC. Carry on.

/rant over

IGN: Aidan - Leader, lvl 227
    Invictus Fire - Level 18

Sorry mate.. Not sure I agree..
    In the early days there were the low lying medal farmers, that mopped up the lower tiers..
    then the change started an upward trend, whereby only those that simply like to win, rather than farming medals, were stalking the lower tiers.

But, on reflecting the current situation..
    My opinion is that once a clan reaches Masters, then it will predominantly come down to the skill within the clan.. Obviously, recruitment will play its part here..
    Below that, it is an arms race.. Accelerated growth has completely changed the landscape..
    If you want to achieve maximum playing skill potential, then the clan will need to focus on cwl, and grow those bases..
    Strategic rushing is very much optimum for cwl.. Bigger is better.. And the opposition seems to have clicked that one..

If you wish to do regular war with a mixed roster, then cwl will simply be a side show, as the optimum build for each are at opposite ends of the scale.

So we may still have yoyo clans, but the cwl battlefield has changed dramatically..
    And within another year, base progression will no longer play the biggest role in success, as most everybody that focuses cwl will be playing with a full deck.. Minus some back filling

There is a clear distinction between a random war clan and a cwl clan already.. Is becoming as obvious as the engi/maxer differential.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    How long has it been? A year? No better and yea, I know, there's no matching making. Just playing the first place one league to near bottom the next yo yo.

Just making sure you're hearing me SC. Carry on.

/rant over
    What leagues are you referring to?

In general I think a little bit of this is natural. Why should a clan who just last month was in a lower tier be strong enough to place in the middle of the next tier up with clans that have been there longer? My own clan has found that it took us a few tries to finally be able to stick. We will be sticking in the higher tier this month after having been blasted out of it 2 months ago. Being very active and upgrading is also rewarded. Each tier gets a bit stronger each month. So, when you do get promoted up to that higher tier, it will be stronger than it was the last time you were there. Your clan needs to be stronger as well, just to have the same success (or lack there of) as the last time.
    Last edited by 2222; December 6th, 2019 at 03:54 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What leagues are you referring to?

In general I think a little bit of this is natural. Why should a clan who just last month was in a lower tier be strong enough to place in the middle of the next tier up with clans that have been there longer? My own clan has found that it took us a few tries to finally be able to stick. We will be sticking in the higher tier this month after having been blasted out of it 2 months ago. Being very active and upgrading is also rewarded. Each tier gets a bit stronger each month. So, when you do get promoted up to that higher tier, it will be stronger than it was the last time you were there. Your clan needs to be stronger as well, just to have the same success (or lack there of) as the last time.
    Weirdly enough, I've actually seen two clans in my group get promoted many times a row lol.

One got non stop promoted since Silver 1 and another got non stop promoted since Crystal 3. We're currently in M2 and looks like our clan, or one of the non stop promoted clans is gonna get promoted again lol

If ya want, i can send details of the group we're in haha

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivionn View Post
    Weirdly enough, I've actually seen two clans in my group get promoted many times a row lol.

One got non stop promoted since Silver 1 and another got non stop promoted since Crystal 3. We're currently in M2 and looks like our clan, or one of the non stop promoted clans is gonna get promoted again lol

If ya want, i can send details of the group we're in haha
    When a clan sandbags their initial placement, this is common. The good news is they earned less medals than they would have if they didn't sandbag it low.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    When a clan sandbags their initial placement, this is common. The good news is they earned less medals than they would have if they didn't sandbag it low.
    Just an update. Both of those clans had max bases all the way through, and are way stronger than our cwl roster.

One was the group winners (the one non stop promoted from Crystal 3), we finished 2nd, just 3stars total behind.

The other (non stop since Silver 1) was decent but wanted every win they could and we faced them on day 7. They're good but they got demotivated when they lost twice before facing us. They then started to attack with upgrading heros. They ended up 3rd (33 stars less than us)..

Just an example that I've seen that the ones that win non-stop eventually stay in some tier, unless they are the best of the best...

We knocked around crystal I for about a year, every time we got close to making a serious run at MIII, we lost members to in-fighting. Finally got a tough league pairing and ended up dropping to CII.

There is a huge difference between leagues. CI we were often 2-5 or even 1-6. First season in CII we cruised to an easy 5-2. Missed attacks were down. It is easy to lose focus faced with too many losses, and winning is good for morale.

Think we will hang out in CII for a while and try 30v30 to increase the total medals for the clan.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

i have no knowledge of whats under champs but from what I can see there is a pretty distinguished skill difference between C1/2/3.
    Champ 3 we were seeing clans scoring 28-31 on avg, champ 2 was 30-33 and champ 1 almost all of the clans are averaging over 33 stars per war.

we had a mini clan that started in masters and when outmatched by even 5-6 th12s we were still able to win due to skill. If you get too high up there unfortunately, you will need stronger bases to make a difference. Having anything outside of th13s in champs at this point will be asking to lose but how far into masters will th13s be in play I have no idea
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 23 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    A Frosty Blaze - TH13 - K65/Q70/W50/RC20

Anyone looking to be a part of a friendly and competitive war clan environment please check out our discord at invite vPXaJRx

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    We knocked around crystal I for about a year, every time we got close to making a serious run at MIII, we lost members to in-fighting. Finally got a tough league pairing and ended up dropping to CII.

There is a huge difference between leagues. CI we were often 2-5 or even 1-6. First season in CII we cruised to an easy 5-2. Missed attacks were down. It is easy to lose focus faced with too many losses, and winning is good for morale.

Think we will hang out in CII for a while and try 30v30 to increase the total medals for the clan.
    Went 30v30 in Cii. Cruised to 7-0 second place finish. Looks like we are back in Crystal I.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Went 30v30 in Cii. Cruised to 7-0 second place finish. Looks like we are back in Crystal I.
    Nice. Crystal 1 30 vs 30 can be tough.