Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Disparity Between Leagues When Being Promoted is Dissapointing

This last cwl seemed to be out of alignment due to th13. We were in masters III in December for the 1st time, finished 5th but should’ve finished 3rd due to (oddly) multiple attacks being missed. Yes, we carried a few TH11s in December but are good enough to overcome that even though most other clans carried maybe one or more likely none. We upgraded to th13 naturally (did not have people rush, most not spending money to progress) and in January, we got crushed. Went 1-6, saw nothing but th12+ and some lineups were a majority th13 (mid-level mostly but some approaching max). Some of our th11s were trying to attack early (but beyond new) th13s but giga inferno 2/3 and scattershots seemed to be too much for a th11.

I’m chalking it up to just natural re-balancing with the intro of th13. Th13 made it an arms race again...at least probably for the next few CWLs. I think the old CWL lineup compositions will be bumped down a league or two. The old Masters III TH comp will be the new Crystal I or II comp, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrigade View Post
    This last cwl seemed to be out of alignment due to th13. We were in masters III in December for the 1st time, finished 5th but should’ve finished 3rd due to (oddly) multiple attacks being missed. Yes, we carried a few TH11s in December but are good enough to overcome that even though most other clans carried maybe one or more likely none. We upgraded to th13 naturally (did not have people rush, most not spending money to progress) and in January, we got crushed. Went 1-6, saw nothing but th12+ and some lineups were a majority th13 (mid-level mostly but some approaching max). Some of our th11s were trying to attack early (but beyond new) th13s but giga inferno 2/3 and scattershots seemed to be too much for a th11.

I’m chalking it up to just natural re-balancing with the intro of th13. Th13 made it an arms race again...at least probably for the next few CWLs. I think the old CWL lineup compositions will be bumped down a league or two. The old Masters III TH comp will be the new Crystal I or II comp, etc.
    CWL has always been an arms race though. It just depends on the group you are placed in, Master 2 was harder than master 1, also Crystal 1 was harder than Master 3 for my clan.

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrigade View Post

Agree with you..
    As everyone agrees, the luck factor with the draw plays its part..
    After that, the new toys are in the shop, and everybody wants one..
    The time scale between 12 and 13 was too big, considering all the progression bumps in the game now..
    People will have been sitting on books and hammers.. Once 13 dropped, it was time to shop til you drop..

Even down in G1, the effects were obvious to see.. You either run with the crowd or you get left behind..
    Given time, every tier will need weight.. then it will be skill/organisation, and showing up to attack that will determine the outcome..

More than ever, mixed hall clans need to decide on cwl or regular as a preferred system.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    CWL has always been an arms race though. It just depends on the group you are placed in, Master 2 was harder than master 1, also Crystal 1 was harder than Master 3 for my clan.
    I have not experienced higher leagues being easier than lower leagues...but the main point is that the old town hall comps for cwl are all getting bumped down a league or two. What was once a competitive lineup in Masters III is now a competitive lineup in Crystal I or II.