Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Current State of Clash - Where will the future take us?

Trainee

The Current State of Clash - Where will the future take us?

O clash.. I guess it’s nearing time for me to quit. Before I go however, I'd like to put in my 2 cents. I’ve been playing strong since before clan wars started and have enjoyed most of it. Been in a bunch of great clans, ‘met’ a lot of great people! Looking over my clash life, there have been some great improvements, but unfortunately some things that I think have dragged the game down in popularity. First off the BH base seemed to be a waste. Not sure the point of it, nor what it accomplished, but it was easy to ignore and didn’t seem to result in any enhancement nor detriment of the game. But then came CWL.. theoretically a good idea to try and incorporate the war league concept that had already been implemented by clash players, but the results contributed to the demise of Clash. When clans started rising in leagues and losing, it was apparent that the common make up of clans from highest Town Hall levels, usually down to a few TH 8s, wasn’t going to work. So what ended up happening was a lot of 11s and 12s jumped ship to gather in high level TH clans only. So, this left lower folks stranded – many started new clans to get into lower leagues to try and keep CWL alive – but this only worked for a while. Now there is so much clan-hopping during CWL it’s ridiculous, and so many 10s and lower don't know what to do anymore. Clearly – CWL matching should not be exclusive to TH/defense/offense levels, but alas it is. And this is contrary to the successful implementation of League warring that was developed by the clash players prior to the game developers. The largest exodus I have seen from clashing came after this issue was evident.

Now we have the loss of global chat (GC). Yes, immature and offensive players have always been a part of GC (as they will always be part of our real lives), and initially the Norsk chat concept was a great idea until it lost it’s ‘secrecy’. Norsk was cool and a great solution developed (I believe) again by the players, not the developers. Recruitment/finding clans in Global when Norsk was going strong was great! Met lots of mature serious clashers in there. Sure – now we have a million discord chats, reddit, the forum, etc., and maybe these will ultimately be the answer, but that ease of hopping into global while playing the game – waiting for troops to cook, was nice and is missed. The current method of adding a “clan wars badge” to our clan description is a joke.

I’m not sure of the answers, or what to recommend for fixes, but I have seen many decent suggestions on the forum that have gone ignored. Long term consequences/repercussions of major actions changing the game are critical to assess. It has been cool seeing the creative methods that clash players themselves have implemented – to not only address problems, but to enhance the game or meet group’s needs/modes of playing (e.g., trophy pushing, norsk, war leagues, FWA, etc.) I remember back in the days before wars were even implemented, we used to come up with some fun internal competitions! I think more feedback from players, and most importantly long-term consequences analysis of a major change will help. Good Luck
    Last edited by AKFrostbite; December 5th, 2019 at 08:56 PM.

Leave your th and storgaes outside!

Walking through your base, stealing your dark elixir
    Everyone reaches their end at some point. Deuces
    Someone else may have another idea, but that's how I'd do it

TH12 | Divine Justice | Clan Level 19 | GG 2B+ | EE 2B+ | HH 22m

Lvl 65 AQ | Lvl 65 BK | Lvl 40 GW

Trainee
    By hopping, I mean for example..hop to level 1/2/3 clan for CWL, back to home clan (level 10 for example) to get troops.. TH 8s/9s go to this clan for CWL, 10-12s go to this clan.. etc etc.

Walking through your base, stealing your dark elixir
    Lots of clans use shell clans for SCCWL. We normally run 8-10 of them outside of our normal family of clans because it makes things easier than shuffling players between the normal clans. Also frees the normal clans up to run regular wars, if they so choose. Not everyone gets up for SCCWL.
    Someone else may have another idea, but that's how I'd do it

TH12 | Divine Justice | Clan Level 19 | GG 2B+ | EE 2B+ | HH 22m

Lvl 65 AQ | Lvl 65 BK | Lvl 40 GW

Well said OP.
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 19 War Clan
    BurntInitiative - Level 9 Feeder Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    Discord: http://Tinyurl.com/discordbc

Yeah i agree i think. The game is getting geared to top level players and so I see new and entry level not having the stickability to want to stay on. Hence this will slowly have a detrimental effect as those players are most likely the core numbers playing the game.

But like Tech said all games come to an end at some point.. Some just lurk around longer than others. Here's hoping this game follows the longer route ...
    Clan Name: DV II Clan Tag: #LUL2P9RG.
    Clan Details: Adult, English speaking, International, War Clan, CWL, Clan Games
    Recruitment Thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...games-LUL2P9RG

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by AKFrostbite View Post
    By hopping, I mean for example..hop to level 1/2/3 clan for CWL, back to home clan (level 10 for example) to get troops.. TH 8s/9s go to this clan for CWL, 10-12s go to this clan.. etc etc.
    When you start placing this game in high importance where you get upset over it, its wise you leave. Short of you somehow being the very few that can make a living off of it. Clash is not for everyone and sc is doing a wonderful job in the majority of peoples opinion. Your opinion though really make almost no difference you have no choice in what sc does, the only thing you can choose is leaving. Take care and leave your storages out for the other people.
    1 cor 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

We're running a 2nd clan for our lower townhalls during CWL. So our TH12/11 are running in our main, while the rest is free to join the 2nd clan, or take the free medals for actually doing nothing (in case they are busy during that time).

Sadly you're mistaken about the reason for the removal of global. As per usual. Pretty common ppl blame trolls for it's removal. Read up on the actual reasons behind it.

But aside from that. Farewell, in case you decide to take your leave.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFrostbite View Post
    O clash.. I guess it’s nearing time for me to quit.
    FWIW-Here's my story. I played for years like you. Actually had 30 separate villages (max TH11 down to 18 TH9s) so I could do clan wars by myself. Got burned out 2 years ago, quit cold turkey, played Hay Day the last 2 years.

Came back a few days ago, started back with one village only. It has taken a bit to get back up to speed on changes in the game, but I am having a terrific time now. No clan, no clan wars, just farming and building. Will play Clash for a while and see how it goes.

So maybe take a few months off, maybe a year or two. You might come back, you might not. But you might find after a few months that what kept you going so long is still there on some level.

Good Luck!