Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Antibot suggestion

Antibot suggestion

I would like to suggest this change against bots:
    + Players would be able to report players with bots and/or bot layouts directly to SC with a maximum limit of X times per day and for a cost of 5/10/15/20 diamonds.
    + The reported player must be level 20 or above to prevent account spamming.
    + The reported player gets checked once there are 5 players who reports the bot. if the decos in the farm DOES match common bot layouts or LACKS production buildings, then the farm becomes suspicious and tracked for 10 days. If the bot keeps selling wheat, first time offense(s) means either mandatory ads with the close button in a random position) or selling limit for 1-hour-or-less crops. The first 5 players who report the bot gets 1 diamond as profit.
    + The second offense detected by the same procedure results in a 3-day ban which can be appealed. If the player fails to appeal, the first 5 players get 2 diamonds as profit after the ban, the offending player loses 6 diamonds. The counter resets in 1 year or the player appeals successfully.
    + The third offense detected by the same procedure results in a permanent ban withOUT appeal. The first 5 players who report gets either:
    3 + (x-40)/5 diamonds as profit with x is the number of diamonds if the banned player did not buy any diamonds.
    Or x/5 diamonds as profit with x is the number of diamonds bought.
    If necessary, you can bring ads into the game for this feature and adjust the rewards to your will.
    Last edited by Khanhtom2003; December 5th, 2019 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Extra suggestions

Welcome to the forum.

I would not like to spend diamonds to report bots. But a “report player” option would be helpful, for bots as well as inappropriate layouts etc.
    Last edited by WheatLandIII; December 5th, 2019 at 04:34 PM.

Also known as KDT123 and WheatLand.
    I found something shiny in my mystery net on Sunday, 2nd July 2017.
    Level 50 reached: Saturday, 25th January 2020.
    Share your Hay Day farm’s statistics with everyone!

How about spending diamonds and get profit? Otherwise some players would abuse the function.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanhtom2003 View Post
    + Players would be able to report players with bots and/or bot layouts directly to SC with a maximum limit of X times per day and for a cost of 5/10/15/20 diamonds.
    + The reported player gets checked once there are 5 players who reports the bot. if the decos in the farm DOES match common bot layouts or LACKS production buildings, then the farm becomes suspicious and tracked for 10 days. If the bot keeps selling wheat, first time offense(s) means either mandatory ads with the close button in a random position) or selling limit for 1-hour-or-less crops. The first 5 players who report the bot gets 1 diamond as profit.
    + The second offense detected by the same procedure results in a 3-day ban which can be appealed. If the player fails to appeal, the first 5 players get 2 diamonds as profit after the ban, the offending player loses 6 diamonds. The counter resets in 1 year or the player appeals successfully.
    + The third offense detected by the same procedure results in a permanent ban withOUT appeal. The first 5 players who report gets either:
    3 + (x-40)/5 diamonds as profit with x is the number of diamonds if the banned player did not buy any diamonds.
    If necessary, you can bring ads into the game for this feature and adjust the rewards to your will.
    my baby farm has no production buildings or animals, but advances levels due to farming/selling to me. It is not a bot, but I fear would fall under your definition

It would still violate the TOS, baby farms can be blocked because the game is not supposed to be played at such an age.... Besides, bot layouts must have a deco object in an exact position and stay online while selling a type of item for an extensive period of time (children would never stay in the game 6h+ and do such stuffs) , which players and servers can easily know. All normal players neither have such bot layouts nor should play the game for such an amount of time.
    Last edited by Khanhtom2003; December 5th, 2019 at 11:34 PM.

It would still violate the TOS, baby farms can be blocked because the game is not supposed to be played at such an age.... Besides, bot layouts must have a deco object in an exact position and stay online while selling a type of item for an extensive period of time (children would never stay in the game 6h+ and do such stuffs) , which players and servers can easily know. All normal players neither have such bot layouts nor should play the game for such an amount of time.
    "Baby farm" is not a farm played by babies, and TOS has nothing against actual babies playing Hay Day.

The wheating bot farms used to be for profit, but since the 80-limit implemented most of the wheating farms are real human players using wheat bots. Can tell by the slight variance in layouts, but the dead giveaway is the field layout... pretty has to be exactly the same for the bot to work. (It's the lines of fields packed next to the river.)

Anyway, their numbers are much smaller now and they dont flood the market or harass anyone, so i suggest just leave them be for now.
    Last edited by Benjamin9632; December 6th, 2019 at 04:04 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    "He that pays the piper, calls the tune."
    I don't really understand your math. If the banned player bought no diamonds, the "profit" is a negative number. Maybe I am missing something. Plus why do 5 people have to report the bot to get the bot investigated? Why 5?

I don't get why a bot's purchases or lack thereof dictate what the reporting player gets. Do those running bot farms even buy diamonds?

All in all though SC bans bots already, so I am not sure something this detailed is needed. If you see what you think is a bot, report it in-game. I don't think we need all this complexity added. Plus, why should/would people pay diamonds to report a bot? People want to use their diamonds for funner things, no?

Not to mention, why should a bot get chances and temp bans and chances to appeal? Sounds counterproductive to me. They're bots, they broke the rules, that should be the end of it and they're booted from the game.

I can see players (and quite rightly so) disappointed they were not one of the first 5 to report and therefore did not get a bot-hunter reward.

Too complex for something that is currently fairly simple.

I also thought of players disappointed they accidentally reported a bot farm. Or players requesting their diamonds back because they reported a farm that they later found out was not a bot farm. Or players unsure if it's a bot farm or not but not wanting to lose precious diamonds for uncertainty.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; December 6th, 2019 at 08:44 PM. Reason: adding to post
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    If you see what you think is a bot, report it in-game.
    i was looking for a way to do this the other day, but the only report a player in-game option I could find is to report a player who is offensive in chat. I also tried doing a search of these forums but no luck. Is the only way to report a bot farm via out-of-game support? Thank you for your assistance.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    "He that pays the piper, calls the tune."
    Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    i was looking for a way to do this the other day, but the only report a player in-game option I could find is to report a player who is offensive in chat. I also tried doing a search of these forums but no luck. Is the only way to report a bot farm via out-of-game support? Thank you for your assistance.
    You can use either the in-game Support (like the kind you'd use to get help with a purchase or whatever) or you can use the webform: https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/ha...ontact=1&p=web

Hope that helps
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner