Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Better Information Needed for New Legend Player: CC Troops

Better Information Needed for New Legend Player: CC Troops

I went to Legend League for the first time.

I was quite confused about how it works.

Biggest issue was defensive CC troops.

I'm unclear as to why I ended up with no CC troops the first day. I opted into legend league and I don't think I had any CC troops at the time as I had just attacked. Since I was still online, I didn't think I needed CC troops just yet. My request timer had not yet come up to request troops. In any case, didn't know that I needed to chose CC troops the day before. I don't understand the need for that but I probably am just missing the need.

However, there should be a notice about this for when you opt into legend league. A pop up warning or something to let us know we need to choose CC troops before opting into legend league is needed. If it was there, I missed it. I saw a countdown start but didn't pay attention. I think it said searching for bases to attack but I didn't want to attack again at that time. So, I got out of there as fast as I could. Thought it might force me to attack. :P

The wiki has this:

They can also choose defensive Clan Castle troops to defend their village for the same day. These troops are taken from what the player has in their Clan Castle at the time; for example, if a player has two Dragons in the Clan Castle, clicking the "Choose" option will allow the player to fill their defensive Clan Castle with two Dragons.
    Edit: just noticed the wiki says the same day. But when I got attacked, my two dragons did not come out for all three attacks. I opted in at midnight my time and had only 4 attacks and defenses for the day. I don't understand same day. I didn't have any CC troops at all even though I had them in the CC and did choose them after I was attacked twice. I THINK i got attacked only 3 times but unclear on that too. (Just double checked, I got attacked three times without any CC troops responding to the call. )

But it should be in the game and I don't think most people would think about that. I thought I would have plenty of time to get CC troops and I did but they were not chosen. I'm not really sure what happened but I suspect I'm not the first new Legend player to end up with no CC troops but thinks they have them. A notification in game would be extremely helpful.

One other thing I'm unclear on. If at the end of the day, I don't have CC troops will I not have CC troops for the next day. I've already chosen what to have in the next day. So, I think it doesn't matter if I don't have anything in the CC but I don't know.
    Last edited by StormHeart; December 5th, 2019 at 07:35 AM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    You are correct on the latter.

Once you have successfully chosen troops, you will have those in your defensive CC for legends unless and until you choose something else.

Even if you now drop out of legends and come back another day, you will still have those troops.

It is effective from the following day be cause your base as offered is from a snapshot taken when the matching is done. All changes only take effect at the next legend day start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You are correct on the latter.

Once you have successfully chosen troops, you will have those in your defensive CC for legends unless and until you choose something else.

Even if you now drop out of legends and come back another day, you will still have those troops.

It is effective from the following day be cause your base as offered is from a snapshot taken when the matching is done. All changes only take effect at the next legend day start.
    i didn't really understand what that meant, "snapshot" but I do now. As defenses that finish upgrading during the day are not upgraded for the attacks.

My level 3 inferno upgraded to 4 during the day but when it's attacked they still get the lvl 3 inferno. I need all the help I can get. haha Oh well, it will be there tomorrow.

But that first day, no CC troops? Seems fouled up to me.

So you mean, if I leave and come back to legend, I will already have CC troops even if I don't get any? That I like. I will be leaving.

In ABOUT a week, there will be max TH13s hanging around. I'm barely making a star on many attacks as it is. As soon as winter jam is gone, so am I. I am enjoying it but I'm not ready. My QW is terrible and that's not the place to be learning. :P

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord

About “ But that first day, no CC troops? Seems fouled up to me.”

To be clear, during the time between you sign up to LL, and the game finding your opponents (up to 8, 3 in your case) that’s when you setup your first cc content (which you need to have in your actual cc during that time); same for your defending base. That will be your cc for the first ‘day’ (even partial).
    If you miss that window, you will have nothing and will use your active ‘farm’ (main view) base.

That what at least my one-and-only experience with going to LL, on the day it was released .

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    About “ But that first day, no CC troops? Seems fouled up to me.”

To be clear, during the time between you sign up to LL, and the game finding your opponents (up to 8, 3 in your case) that’s when you setup your first cc content (which you need to have in your actual cc during that time); same for your defending base. That will be your cc for the first ‘day’ (even partial).
    If you miss that window, you will have nothing and will use your active ‘farm’ (main view) base.

That what at least my one-and-only experience with going to LL, on the day it was released .
    Okay, that tells me what I should have done. Thanks, that does help.

The problem that I see is that most of us will be used to waiting just before we log off getting defensive CC troops. That's what I did.
    So, the first day I had no CC troops. Now if I want to get rid of them I can't. To me, that's also a problem. I might stay indefinitely but i still have not decided.

There needs to be a prominent warning ini the game about filling your CC before opting into legend league. I still think that is fouled up and could be improved.
    Last edited by StormHeart; December 6th, 2019 at 09:06 AM.

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord

I just attacked someone at 4910 trophies (balance after my attack) so they appear to be new to legend league. BUT, they were there in November. This person did not have CC troops so perhaps they are choosing not to get CC troops. From Japan which COULD add a language barrier issue, probably not. In a level 16 clan so they could tell him. Maybe they just do not want cc troops. I have no idea but makes me think, I'm not the only one. I'm feel confident, it's a frequent mistake that players make their first time in legend league though this player may not be an example. I thought so but after seeing they were also there in November, I don['t know.

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord