Thread: If you lose internet for a split second why can't you rejoin?

Centennial Club

If you lose internet for a split second why can't you rejoin?

It's happened to me a few times where you lose internet for just a split second or your phone switches from wifi to data and it kicks you out for only about 5 seconds.

My question being why can't you log back in and rejoin the match from where you left off? Why are you instantly kicked out of your game and the battle ends?

And on top of all that if you place down one troop before you get kicked, now your whole army has to retrain!! How does that make any sense?

Seems like a simple QOL improvement for this scenario

Forum Legend
    Because your phone has two different MAC addresses. One for the data connection and one for the wifi connection. In fact, the MAC address that your phone connects wit isn't even the one on your phone, but rather the one for the wifi hardware your phone has connected to.

So.. the connection is lost and your identity has to be renegotiated with the part of the syst m that handles identities (maybe Cognito, maybe something Supercell cooked up themselves), that takes a few seconds.

Then the game have to figure out that you were in the middle of something and verify where you were in that process, but.. it can't.. the game has been reloaded and some of the data was lost.

At this point, I'm pretty sure that I've lost 90% of anybody reading this and I'm also pretty sure that my estimate of events is correct.

It's easier just to leave people with flaky wifi connections to deal with their own problems than it is to fix this for them.

Use data exclusively when you play, problem solved.

/Affront

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Because your phone has two different MAC addresses. One for the data connection and one for the wifi connection. In fact, the MAC address that your phone connects wit isn't even the one on your phone, but rather the one for the wifi hardware your phone has connected to.

So.. the connection is lost and your identity has to be renegotiated with the part of the syst m that handles identities (maybe Cognito, maybe something Supercell cooked up themselves), that takes a few seconds.

Then the game have to figure out that you were in the middle of something and verify where you were in that process, but.. it can't.. the game has been reloaded and some of the data was lost.

At this point, I'm pretty sure that I've lost 90% of anybody reading this and I'm also pretty sure that my estimate of events is correct.

It's easier just to leave people with flaky wifi connections to deal with their own problems than it is to fix this for them.

Use data exclusively when you play, problem solved.

/Affront
    Hmmm but on their other games it is possible to rejoin after a disconnection only clash of clans is exluded

Quote Originally Posted by iRvN View Post
    Hmmm but on their other games it is possible to rejoin after a disconnection only clash of clans is exluded
    I assume you mean brawl stars and clash Royale since those are real time pvp games, in which case those games were specifically created to be coded so that if connection is lost then you can hop back in once you reconnect. Clash of clans was never coded that way and, if I remember correctly, they stated that it would require them to completely recode the game to allow reconnecting
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 60 | AQ 61 | GW 21 |

Oh the irony, I just encountered a connection lost that completely screwed me over It is what it is though.

https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 60 | AQ 61 | GW 21 |

Quote Originally Posted by Mahchine View Post
    It's happened to me a few times where you lose internet for just a split second or your phone switches from wifi to data and it kicks you out for only about 5 seconds.

My question being why can't you log back in and rejoin the match from where you left off? Why are you instantly kicked out of your game and the battle ends?

And on top of all that if you place down one troop before you get kicked, now your whole army has to retrain!! How does that make any sense?

Seems like a simple QOL improvement for this scenario
    It would be a nice QOL improvement, but it's anything but simple.

It's more of a main village problem than a Builder Base problem (b/c Builder Base is live PvP and Main Village isn't) - the reason you see this in CoC is to solve ghosting problems. Before this was implemented, someone could start a war attack on a tablet with no cellular data, disconnect from the WiFi and essentially get a practice attack on a war base.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Banned
    Short answer ... because you LOST YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION

Trainee
    I think sc should think about that.In other game like free fire,if connection lost for a while like 30/40 sec, player is not eliminated.So i think sc should give a chance to rejoin again in a match within that time like 20/30 second more to connect again and rejoin again.🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    I assume you mean brawl stars and clash Royale since those are real time pvp games, in which case those games were specifically created to be coded so that if connection is lost then you can hop back in once you reconnect. Clash of clans was never coded that way and, if I remember correctly, they stated that it would require them to completely recode the game to allow reconnecting
    That sucks, there're not much games in the world that you can't reconnect if you d/c. I can't think of any ]=

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.