Thread: Elemental Upgrade paths for future th levels

Lightbulb Elemental Upgrade paths for future th levels

Hey guys, who is excited for th13?! I know I am and Iím only th11! With cool things like the Giga inferno and the scatter-thingy and the barracks seige thing, crazy new tactics abound in what looks like a dark-themed colour scheme. Super cool! But thereís just one commonly requested feature thatís never been added nor ruled out. Cool upgrade pathways with special perks! I think Iíve covered all the potential issues with this, and I have 2 possible options for adding this game-changing feature!

Option 1:
    Create a few different elements (for simplicityís sake, thereís only 3; fire, ice, and lightning), and different levels for each (say, 5 for now). Right off the bat thereís 15 new levels for EVERY DEFENCE! Thatíll certainly keep people occupied! Each element has a special perk and cost (lightning would be faster attack rate but less hp for example). And potentially a new currency could be added to get these upgrades.

There could be a new single-player mode or an addition to the current one that creates the initial elemental shards. After that, you use a shard on a defence and it will get a new look (for example, archer towers will get a banner with the element symbol on it). The symbol will appear next to the defence level (like the gear from a gear-up defence) and you can swap between elements. The swapped element would be equal to THAT ELEMENTíS LEVEL, not your favourite element.

After the initial shard, you gain shards from destroying elemental buildings in multiplayer. Each one drops 1 shard and you CANNOT LOSE THEM on defence. The issue being the buildings will cost 250 shards or more to get to lvl 1 elements.

Option 2:
    Create many different elements (say 5; earth, lightning, fire, ice, or water I dunno) and only allow the user to pick one. No swapping! This will greatly increase the strategy of the game and make it much harder since you need to pick an element that works for your base. Each element will have a unique perk (earth will have more hp) and cost (ice will deal less damage) that you need to consider before choosing. To prevent cheaters, the element you pick applies to ALL buildings of that type. Each element might have 10 levels which will add massive amounts of content!

Again with the elemental shard idea, a goblin map will have a magic shard building that gives you one of each shard when destroyed. Use one on a building and you unlock the pathway of that element. Each element will boost something and take something away from the defence you select. Upgrading the defence will increase the benefits but also increase the drawbacks (to a lesser degree of course).

Balancing may be required, but overall I think this would be a great addition to the game. Massive amounts of new content will allow larger amounts of new content to be released less often, and with less bugs.

Do you like this idea? What element would you pick (perks down below) for each defence? Iíd love to hear your suggestions! Thanks for reading, zeldagod out!
    Town Hall 11
    King: 45 Queen: 40 Warden: 18
    Walls: somewhere between 0 and 300
    Achievements: Too lazy to check
    Clan: DarkIceWarfare #29UJPYRPJ

Perks:

Lightning: greater fire speed but less health

Fire: More damage per shot but slower fire speed

Ice: slows on impact but less range and less health

Earth: more hp but slower fire speed

Water: adds small knockback/stun but less damage
    Town Hall 11