Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing the New Defense: The Scattershot!

Quote Originally Posted by zok000 View Post
    I watched that video... I believe he was referring to the splash damage it does not being able to reach the healers behind a QW.
    Thanks. I was not really concentrating and was going to get round to watching it again.

'I would rather be lucky than good', as a small French chap once said.

Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    Day three, and the disappointment continues...

First they show us town hall 13 which is an exact copy of town hall 12, except with an inferno instead of a tesla...

Then they show us the new siege machine which is basically just a clan castle that’s preloaded with a pekka and some wizards which will be more than likely useless on all but the nichest of bases...

Now they show us a big mortar that can target air and ya’ll act like its revolutionary or something.

Is it just me or is this a huge disappointment so far? Is it wrong to expect something original for town hall 13?! Am I expecting to much from this billion dollar company? I mean, they’ve had like 2 years to think up ideas and this was the best they could come up with? Seriously, this is ridiculous

Heres hoping day four is better....sigh.
    Well, one can like the design of the townhall, or dislike it. For the rest, it's still the tesla, with two additions. Kinda like the rest of the defences.

The siege barrack, meh. I don't really think it will be useful, but that's the same with the blimp. Sometimes you can make use of it, mostly not. The new siege would've been useful in my last cw-attack, as I couldn't figure any use for either of the 3 regular siege machines on that base. Would've taken the new one to at least gain more troops that way.

That 'big mortar' IS something special, as they deal damage 'behind' the tank, instead of 'around' it, so the regular approach won't work anymore while in range of them. A meta-shift for any composition that does use squishy ranged troops behind giants/ice golems. It could even break pekka smash by killing the healer behind the pekka that usually were safe.
    So quite a bit more than just 'a big mortar'.

Open 24 Hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    You're correct in that I said the Giga Inferno is the signature defense of TOWN HALL 13. The Town Hall is a structure, not the entire village. I never said the village wouldn't get a new defense.
    You sir are a troll god! You can pretend you had no intentions of playing with our little hearts, but I admire you for fooling with us.

The scattershot is amazing and truly unique to th13, along with the frost effect of the giga hall. I am full, happy and very excited to see the content that is created with th13.

Pro Member
    Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    i wonder how this will change attack strategies

Bowlers behind pekkas seem not as safe as they were
    loons behind hounds ditto
    witches behind ice golems ditto

many strategies rely on low health damage dealers behind tanks, and the game at max level has more diversity in viable attack strategies currently than i have ever seen

one of the great aspects of the current meta is that the current armies reward skill, and those who can protect their low health damage dealing troops well, can 3 star

i hope the scattershot doesn't drive the meta towards mass edrags or mass pekkas, ie high health troops

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

I still remember Jonas introducing Eagle Artillery that whole announcement was dope.
    The Scatter Shot doesn't seem very unique to the town hall.

This thing is basically Mortar without "blind range" and can attack air units.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeRoger View Post
    and slower, but in a cone shape, shorter range

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

What do you mean by the blind range?

Actually it does have one. You can see it in the videos by content creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Kannukanhashubhang View Post
    What do you mean by the blind range?
    I think he meant the dead zone- the around surrounding the mortar and EA which those defenses can't target.

It has a blind range of 3 tiles. Check in-game news.