Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Some Questions About Legends -- Getting back out? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That is correct - and I had already said it in this thread

I have found electro drags the best strategy for 2 stars when BK is down. And 2 stars in most attacks will be enough to keep you in legends.
    Sorry, I probably read it but I'm old and don't remember much. :P Contending for oldest player in CoC. There are older but not many. . I'm 60. I will eventually be the oldest if I don't die and I might. I had surgery a few months ago and my memory got really bad after that. Wasn't great before haha.

My loons and dragons are still not maxed. ED are. I will be trying them today for the dragon challenge but will use power potion. Yes, ED gotta me the choice for any Royal being down, I think? Life is tough for me. I got down to 4902 trophies yesterday but got it back up and got attacked only 3 times yesterday.

So, i almost got booted out. I'm trying to get my other two 12s to legend, not working really hard on it.

I think it will be easier to manage if all three are there. 24 attacks across three bases, attack with one, let the royals recover, then attack with the other two. Repeat.

The other two 12 are much stronger. They were both donation bases and very weak at one point. But over the last year they got strong. I'll have less need for training potions doing it with three bases. I use training potions only my main/new 12 if I'm going to use power potion and/or hero potion. The other two don't need those very much. I'll do better with those I think. On my main the AQ is one under max now but the BK is still 50. The GW has been upgraded only 1 time. So they are hurting me and here comes TH13. I think TH13 will end my time in legends.

Thanks for the ED trip, I think that would be the only way. Stone slammer or Battle Blimp? About to find out if the slammer is a good idea or not. Blimp doesn't seem very sturdy but I've used only a couple of times for a challenge.
    Last edited by StormHeart; 6 Days Ago at 07:54 AM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zax View Post
    Lots of good contributions already on how Legends work etc.
    I think OP your questions 1 and 2 have been answered?

Basically there is significant kudos for being in Legends. You will have that you’ve hit over 5k on your profile.
    It’s not a place to farm imho.

I dropped to M1/C3 and attacked like crazy there are loads of weak th12’s with loads of loot. Often didn’t need to put all hero’s in etc.
    Have Maxed my Main base.

Some stay up further in Titans, clouding wasn’t too bad at all a few weeks ago when I was up there. The bases are harder though so depends how you farm.

Game is great right now.
    GL getting your th12 up Op.

And.... I wouldn’t rush to th13.
    I’m taking my Max main.
    But my two other th12’s that aren’t maxed will just keep grinding away.
    They will get the Yeti, which is kool!

Ps If you want the extra line in your profile with a few Legend points on push up near the end of the season. Lots of people do that it does make your profile look very nice.
    I don't know if I can stay with my main, after TH13 comes out, I think my days are numbered. It's been a 12 since about this time last month. It only went because of Winter Jam and the resulting lack of loot from storages.

Like you, I prefer masters 1. I don't get attacked often there and good loot.

I find farming to be very good in Legend but the day I dropped down to 4902 I might have been farming too much. That woke me up though. Just attack, get whatever loot you can.

I normally attack a LOT. Eight attacks, I thought would be too few but I'm doing okay with that. It's hard to get 8 in if you don't stay on top of it or use training potion for an hour. I know I don't get the new field in my profile if I don't stay until the end of the month but I may not be able to stay.

Clan games are an issue, but I can do those in the BH. I keep trophies low on my nearly max BH for that very reason. I'll stay if I can and move my other 2 12s there as well.

Loot: my other two 12s have very low loot in their banks (gold pass) and my 12 in legend has just opened up it's banks to max and they were full. Loot is great in legend but going after it can be dangerous when you are not max.

I'm finding my WW usually doesn't do me as much good because it's dead vs the max 12s. More giants help though.

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Sorry, I probably read it but I'm old and don't remember much. :P Contending for oldest player in CoC. There are older but not many. . I'm 60. I will eventually be the oldest if I don't die and I might. I had surgery a few months ago and my memory got really bad after that. Wasn't great before haha.

My loons and dragons are still not maxed. ED are. I will be trying them today for the dragon challenge but will use power potion. Yes, ED gotta me the choice for any Royal being down, I think? Life is tough for me. I got down to 4902 trophies yesterday but got it back up and got attacked only 3 times yesterday.

So, i almost got booted out. I'm trying to get my other two 12s to legend, not working really hard on it.

I think it will be easier to manage if all three are there. 24 attacks across three bases, attack with one, let the royals recover, then attack with the other two. Repeat.

The other two 12 are much stronger. They were both donation bases and very weak at one point. But over the last year they got strong. I'll have less need for training potions doing it with three bases. I use training potions only my main/new 12 if I'm going to use power potion and/or hero potion. The other two don't need those very much. I'll do better with those I think. On my main the AQ is one under max now but the BK is still 50. The GW has been upgraded only 1 time. So they are hurting me and here comes TH13. I think TH13 will end my time in legends.

Thanks for the ED trip, I think that would be the only way. Stone slammer or Battle Blimp? About to find out if the slammer is a good idea or not. Blimp doesn't seem very sturdy but I've used only a couple of times for a challenge.
    Same age as me then

I usualky use tye slammer, but it depends on the base, and how my attack goes. I always donate slamner from my other legends account, with loons, but I hold it back at the start. If the edrags get TH then I use the slammer always.mIf not, but TH activated and a point I can drop fro where it is closest defence, still usualky slammer. If TH activated but not closest defence then usualky blimp. If TH not activated (which usually means I realky messed up somewhere), usually ww with heroes behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Millennial Club
    D'oh. Like an idiot I confused my two accounts and attacked with the one that was just barely under 4900... now sitting at 4937. I hope I get attacked 3 more times. I hadn't fully planned on them dropping the update today and hadn't finished dropping out of legends yet.

Edited to add - Happy day! Right after I posted that I got attacked and the person 3 starred me! Only attack above 74% in the last two days so that was a pleasant surprise.
    Last edited by dodgson; 6 Days Ago at 06:51 PM.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgson View Post
    D'oh. Like an idiot I confused my two accounts and attacked with the one that was just barely under 4900... now sitting at 4937. I hope I get attacked 3 more times. I hadn't fully planned on them dropping the update today and hadn't finished dropping out of legends yet.

Edited to add - Happy day! Right after I posted that I got attacked and the person 3 starred me! Only attack above 74% in the last two days so that was a pleasant surprise.
    You will probably be better off staying in Legends for a day or two, given the cloud conditions post update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Millennial Club
    You will probably be better off staying in Legends for a day or two, given the cloud conditions post update.
    I'm willing to drop as far as necessary. Legends is fine once I start the long upgrades but doesn't really fit my needs early on. It is also a pain to drop out of it so I'd rather just get it done today.

Same age as me then

I usualky use tye slammer, but it depends on the base, and how my attack goes. I always donate slamner from my other legends account, with loons, but I hold it back at the start. If the edrags get TH then I use the slammer always.mIf not, but TH activated and a point I can drop fro where it is closest defence, still usualky slammer. If TH activated but not closest defence then usualky blimp. If TH not activated (which usually means I realky messed up somewhere), usually ww with heroes behind it.
    You know, if I have Royals, i use a WW to get my royals in but if they are down then slammer.

In legend you don't get a choice. You either attack it our you just quit. lol I ain't quitting but you gotta choose before you attack. I suppose I could take my own and switch but my main has only WW so I can only switch to my own WW Okay, you did give me an idea. I can take something besides a WW and switch if I need too BUT my own WW is still level 1. So, I'm kind of screwed.

It's highly likely today is my last day in legend. I survived with only 4 trophies left and the first attack on me was a three star so I'm high in Titan 1 right now. People are very active because of the TH13 upgrade so I'm likely to get attacked 8 times. My Royals are better now. Spent some cash on the Winter Jam offers. :P But, I don't think I'm going to survive the day.

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord

Yep, just attacked with my 12 in Titan 2 and about a five minute wait in the clouds. They are bad right now.

At this time of day, that is not normal at all. Usually no waiting at all.
    Last edited by StormHeart; 5 Days Ago at 07:55 AM.

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord