Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL is 12.5% HARDER EACH MONTH

Centennial Club

Lightbulb CWL is 12.5% HARDER EACH MONTH

My clan is in Master 3, doing 30 cwl.

In Master and Champion, each month only 1 clan get promote, and 2 clan get demote. So that mean 1 out of 8 clan would get drop down 1 league. 1/8 is 12.5% drop/HARDER. I am telling my clanmates to rush to th12 if they want to play CWL. But the cut 1 out of 8 clan each month will make it harder and harder. Or maybe I drop my CWL league to crystal.

Does anyone thought about this 12.5% harder each month?

Promotion should always Mean it’ll be Harder - That’s why You get better Rewards.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Telling your clanmates to rush to TH12 may give you the feeling of a short term advantage for the next CWL etc however you will eventually hit a new “ceiling” and it will be the same thing all over again.
    If your clan is somewhere in the middle of the pack after a CWL season then your clan has found the right league and is doing alright.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Not true. The number of clans moving up from the league below is equal to the number dropping down from the league above (approximately).

The reason is that the leagues are different sizes. Last season there were 4296 groups in M3, so 8592 clans demoted to C1. There were 8898 groups in C1, so 8898 clans promoted.

So that's a net 8898-8292 = 306 MORE clans moving up than moving down. So by your measure of the difference causing a change in difficulty then M3 would be getting easier.

(PS, I think my count excludes the groups with only 6 clans, so the numbers aren't quite right)

PPS, not all clans play every month. Some miss months, new clans are created and old clans die. So just tracking existing clans isn't a perfect measure of league size. When 30v was added most leagues got smaller since some clans switched to doing 30v instead of splitting and doing 15v. Apart from that most Master and Crystal leagues have been slowly expanding, except for Nov season, when there is a visible drop in numbers in all leagues below Ch2, I assume due to the loss of global.
    Last edited by OnyxDS; December 4th, 2019 at 10:16 AM.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Well if you consider base progress and skill can't be improved, then yes you are right about 12.5% harder. If both factors remain the same, I fear that your clan will get demoted one day from your current league that you are enjoying.
    However, as time move forward, players can improve their base strength as well as skill to overcome the 12.5% more difficulty level. What's difficult is for players/clans to have consistent grow to overcome that 12.5%.

Centennial Club
    It is not try to get promote. It is just harder just trying to stay in the same league. Due to twice clans get drop and only 1 promote. Our clan have to grow faster or we will drop out.

Yes OnyxDS, I totally understand your number.

Or maybe my clan does not grow fast as other clans, so that why I feel it is harder.
    Last edited by tony6c; December 4th, 2019 at 10:31 AM.

I’m Guessing your Sports don’t include Promotion & Relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by tony6c View Post
    It is not try to get promote. It is just harder just trying to stay in the same league. Due to twice clans get drop and only 1 promote. Our clan have to grow faster or we will drop out.

It is hard to put a percentage on difficulty increase, month on month..
    As Onyx says, the system works as a pyramid.. So as you move up the leagues, there are less clans each time..
    This allows for the changes in promotion/demotion to not overly grow the top tiers, rather than reducing numbers.

But the main difference is the rate of progression..
    I would expect a clan in masters to be looking to put out a roster of decent 12s now, and also know their way around a base..

The competition is getting fierce, and clans appear to be more cwl focused now..
    It could be due to the better rewards, or the fact the system doesnt penalise growth.. but regular war looks to be getting used as a secondary priority now.. maybe even disregarded altogether as something important.

I do agree cwl gets harder each month.. But I think its simply due to the accelerated growth within the game, rather than the change in the M1 promotion structure.. It is likely that many of the clans that get promoted in Masters will demote next season anyway, until they gain the extra skills to settle in the next level up.

My clan is in Master 3, doing 30 cwl.

In Master and Champion, each month only 1 clan get promote, and 2 clan get demote. So that mean 1 out of 8 clan would get drop down 1 league. 1/8 is 12.5% drop/HARDER. I am telling my clanmates to rush to th12 if they want to play CWL. But the cut 1 out of 8 clan each month will make it harder and harder. Or maybe I drop my CWL league to crystal.

Does anyone thought about this 12.5% harder each month?
    Doing math is easy. Doing relevant math is much harder.

The number you came up with is only relevant if nobody upgrades anything, nobody gets better (or worse) at attacking, nobody stops playing CWL, no new players start playing CWL, and nobody switches clans. You're in M3, that's the 6th-highest tier. That puts your clan in the top n% of clans right now (based on how many CWL clans are in M3 and up, and how many there are in CWL total). But new clans form all the time, clans fold, players change clans, so there is no static number you can use to represent difficulty, especially between months.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10

Yes OnyxDS, I totally understand your number.
    You don't understand what he is saying with it, based on your first paragraph.

There are MORE clans promoted from Crystal 1 to Masters 3 than there are demoted from Masters 3 to Crystal 1.

Or maybe my clan does not grow fast as other clans, so that why I feel it is harder.
    That us almost certainly the answer. Most clans have many players upgrading all the time. So each month, the clans who have stayed in the same league will get a bit harder, and your clan also needs to upgrade to keep pace with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)