CWL is only 5 days.... Since when

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinStrowbridge View Post
    Am I missing something?
    Pic or it didnít happen

Ours is as it always is

7 days here....

I think it has happened before with groups that couldn't have 8 clans to compete. Did you join the search late?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    Pic or it didnít happen

Ours is as it always is
    If I could I would...

Forum Legend
    Am I missing something?
    It happens to a few clans every CWL when there aren't enough to fill a pool of 8 clan and the start window is closing.

The server just starts the CWL with the clans in the pool, even if it is less than 8.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekagob View Post
    I think it has happened before with groups that couldn't have 8 clans to compete. Did you join the search late?
    We are in a cwl with just 6 clans including us but search did take about 20 hours I believe

Pro Member
    We are in a cwl with just 6 clans including us but search did take about 20 hours I believe
    This is why. Since there's only 6 clans in your group there will be only 5 war days (plus one for the initial prep day).

Now the reason for only 6 clans in the group is likely a late search. The search waits until there are a certain number of clans signed up in your league (much more than 8) and then it randomly assigns groups after that. This is to prevent clans from signing up at the same time to ensure they are matched together. If you sign up late there's a chance that the minimum number of clans to get full groups of 8 will not be met. At that point the search would continue until the very last minute (indicated by the 20 hours you waited) and then fill groups accordingly. You won't miss the CWL, but your group ends up with less than 8 clans leading to a shorter CWL season (with promotion and demotion numbers changed accordingly).

FWIW, people have reported that the searches are much faster on the first day of sign-ups. On the second day, typically not as many clans are searching, so the search time is much longer, often lasting until the end of sign-ups. Because it's unlikely that the total number of clans that sign up is evenly divisible by 8, there will be a few pools that have 6 or 7 clans.

Basically, I'm saying that I think you will be less likely to run into this if you sign up for CWL on the first day.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Yea matchups in the first few hours will always happen real quick (like an hour or so) because most clans are keen to get it rolling. Our clan missed our search bracket we wanted to we went the next day and we had about a 6 hour search, we expected that, thought it was rather quick. But longer you wait the less clans will be searching and will take longer