Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone say RIP OFF?

Can anyone say RIP OFF?

Pulled a character task from mystery task, the Strong man. 4 full trains later at 8 diamonds each for a total of 24 diamonds, 56 passengers. Only got one character and I needed 7. Dumped the task and next task was dinner. Another full train, got 1 going to diner. Dumped the task. So, 2 dumped impossible tasks, 32 diamonds, all in the trash. Letís see why we quit Hay Day for six months.
    ďExpectation is the mother of all frustrationĒ. Antonio Banderas
    Sane, normal people donít need power trips. So the lunatics end up in charge of everything. James P. Hogan
    First Farm level 139, town level 36, Second Farm level 113, town level 29, Baby Farm level 70, town level 17.

One of the reasons I never waste diamonds on regular trains. I will spend them quick on the personal train if my neighbors have some to pick up. Otherwise I wait it out. It does usually take me the whole day to collect them if I don't have them stacked beforehand, and I don't like to do that. They never give me a task for anyone I have pre-stacked. Always the one that's in shortest supply.

I found it helpful to only release townies when someone asks. I keep 42 at all times, and some are 3 stops that I never have any intention of serving. Just waiting for someone to say they need a couple dancers, then I go see if any are wandering around town.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Toucky7 View Post
    Pulled a character task from mystery task, the Strong man. 4 full trains later at 8 diamonds each for a total of 24 diamonds, 56 passengers. Only got one character and I needed 7. Dumped the task and next task was dinner. Another full train, got 1 going to diner. Dumped the task. So, 2 dumped impossible tasks, 32 diamonds, all in the trash. Let’s see why we quit Hay Day for six months.
    First of all, thank you for supporting the game in ways I will not and cannot.

May I ask if you're in a solo neighborhood playing the Derby? If so, then I understand your frustration because your play style seems very challenging to me if I were to adopt it.

Taking a break from the game may be good for me after reading your post.

---
    Lynn
    December 3, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 3rd, 2019 at 10:56 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Why wouldnít he do derbies as a single player? If you donít do these then you have no chance of getting puzzle pieces or expansion permits.

Yup I agree. Too often we have a similar situation where we need just 1 person for a town task and none are seen in the train or even when people let others go in their town. Their algorithm is not random no matter what they may say.

Fresh Spawn
    I agree yes, all my mystery tasks have been train tasks so far and the last one needed 6 dancers. Every train had just 1 dancer, it’s took me ages and I’ve just finished serving them using diamonds as I’m well behind, I’ve usually finished the derby by now or close to finishing it. Funny how all my mystery tasks have been train ones

My first was a feeding task. Not my favourite. Second is trucks not a favourite either. I would love any town task. To each their own
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 52 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Centennial Club
    My first task turned out to be a 69-ore mine. Perfect, if I had been able to pick, out of all existing tasks, which I wanted at the time, the mine would have won.

Then I took an other mystery. A 76-ore mine. I had just done a mine, I had plenty of ore, I didn't want an other mine immediately!

My third: 11 honey popcorn. I generally use my honey extractor for beeswax, not honey.

So out of 3 mysteries I did so far, only 1 was actually desirable for me.

Fresh Spawn
    But this is the nature of the mystery derby isn't it? Usually my preferred task is the town task, but of my first 3 mystery tasks the last 2 have been town tasks so have taken me longer than usual to complete, when in a normal derby I would have selected them but timed them better. We don't have to choose the mystery tasks. In our neighbourhood it is understood that if people prefer to opt for tasks they can see and prepare for that's fine. I guess the fact that we don't play to win, only for the horse shoe prizes, could be a game changer here and I fully understand why others would only choose the mystery tasks. I'm happy to do the mystery tasks as 6 days is enough time for me to complete 9 tasks, even if I get the dreaded goats milk or strawberries. A single task taking me 24 hours doesn't concern me. If it did, I'd select alternative tasks.

Just because it is the mystery derby, you do not have to do all mystery tasks. If you are frustrated, do other tasks. you may get less prizes, or drop down, but you can always get back up again.
    I plan on doing all mystery no matter how long they take, until I get to the final days when I know think I may not be able to finish. So far, so good. Waiting on another train to finish last townie. Hopefully he will be on this one.