Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone say RIP OFF?

My first mystery task was a generic 23 people fully served. My town was fully loaded and fully served so that task was a breeze. Second task was the Strongman task. Since I had none and four full trains only supplied 1 Strongman obviously I wasn’t going to get anywhere with that task. At that rate I would have had to bring in 28 or more full train loads. After pitching that sad joke of a task, my third task was the diner for 10 persons. A full train load got me 1 person going to diner. There were no persons to pick up from community members. Three town tasks in a row. Don’t try and tell me this isn’t ridiculous. Challenging is one thing, this kind of drop rate is stupid.

Funny, this is what drove our entire community away, over half have quit for good. Since we bought the diamonds for most of our community that 6 month break saved us $2,400. Well, didn’t save money as we just spent it on other games. Now it’s just my husband and my three farms. This derby has proved that nothing has improved or changed. It’s all about trying to force diamond use. We stopped buying the big chests and are only paying for Tom, Rose, and Ernest. I just happen to have a few extras I wasted on the trains. Never doing that again. In fact I won’t use diamonds to bring in boats anymore.
    Last edited by Cowslips; December 4th, 2019 at 09:04 PM.
    ďExpectation is the mother of all frustrationĒ. Antonio Banderas
    Sane, normal people donít need power trips. So the lunatics end up in charge of everything. James P. Hogan
    First Farm level 139, town level 36, Second Farm level 113, town level 29, Baby Farm level 70, town level 17.

Mystery derby is def about getting the players to use diamonds.

Best opt out, or just play enough not to get a bottom 3 place.

Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    Mystery derby is def about getting the players to use diamonds.

Best opt out, or just play enough not to get a bottom 3 place.
    ‘Don’t forget about boats that don’t come in even after waiting over 8 hours and it still says another 4 hours on boat timer.
    ďExpectation is the mother of all frustrationĒ. Antonio Banderas
    Sane, normal people donít need power trips. So the lunatics end up in charge of everything. James P. Hogan
    First Farm level 139, town level 36, Second Farm level 113, town level 29, Baby Farm level 70, town level 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Toucky7 View Post
    ‘Don’t forget about boats that don’t come in even after waiting over 8 hours and it still says another 4 hours on boat timer.
    what are you talking about?

if you have an issue like that with a boat timer, then report it to in game support and post in bugs here on the forum.

i have never heard of this, though
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 50 GW 23
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

We don't throw diamonds! Normally we have finished by this time, last week Gold. Now slowly moving at 13th place. Main problem: town visitors not showing up, with 6 horses and excellent cooperation. Hopefully we will stay in CL.
    Last edited by Llabyrint; December 5th, 2019 at 09:24 PM.
    Llabyrint (#8LLQJVC0J, where 0 is zero) Time zone UTC +2;
    level 113; town level 30; 143/144 achievements; barn and silo always full

Same problem.

Pulled a character task from mystery task, the Strong man. 4 full trains later at 8 diamonds each for a total of 24 diamonds, 56 passengers. Only got one character and I needed 7. Dumped the task and next task was dinner. Another full train, got 1 going to diner. Dumped the task. So, 2 dumped impossible tasks, 32 diamonds, all in the trash. Letís see why we quit Hay Day for six months.
    I have been working on a train task of 8 X cowboy since Monday, it's now Thursday night and only 6 have arrived on many trains. It's possible to send two trains arrive without any Cowboys on then only one on the next one. Trashing the task only reduces your points total and you would more likely get relapsed.

Tasks should be achievable in a reasonable time. The train tasks are the worst ax you have no control over the process.

Good game spoilt by bad management.

jollyjohn65.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyJohn65 View Post
    I have been working on a train task of 8 X cowboy since Monday, it's now Thursday night and only 6 have arrived on many trains. It's possible to send two trains arrive without any Cowboys on then only one on the next one. Trashing the task only reduces your points total and you would more likely get relapsed.

Tasks should be achievable in a reasonable time. The train tasks are the worst ax you have no control over the process...
    No control over the process? Now I'm very curious about your strategy to tackle this derby task. Are you serving visitors exclusively from your Eggspress Train? If so, your strategy is more challenging than mine because I serve visitors exclusively from my Personal Train.

My ET arrives every 6 hours and drops off 14 visitors. In contrast, my PT may pick up 10 visitors every 1.5 hours. Luckily for me, my hoodmates sent enough visitors for me to pick up most of the time. If not, then I'd use chat to inform them I'm working on a visitor derby task and would they send away specific visitors?

---
    Lynn
    December 5, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 6th, 2019 at 03:24 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

i had a brain snap & forgot it was a mystery derby. Happily stacked my machines then got juice/carrot cake & feta pie ��
    Couldnt even start for 12 hours - that will teach me

Lucky me, doing the derby with two other players that have gone MIA....cannot find reliable peeps. As a Leader, I feel rather frustrated. It may be time for a break or join another group....I have done 7/9 while working a full time nursing job (just off 2 busy challenging 12 hour shifts). I love mystery derby...he he...cause you donít know whatís next!
    Hay Day, Everyday ❣️

Pulled a character task from mystery task, the Strong man. 4 full trains later at 8 diamonds each for a total of 24 diamonds, 56 passengers. Only got one character and I needed 7. Dumped the task and next task was dinner. Another full train, got 1 going to diner. Dumped the task. So, 2 dumped impossible tasks, 32 diamonds, all in the trash. Let’s see why we quit Hay Day for six months.
    Thanks for your game support. Next time try asking your neighbors to send their strong mans to the station for pick up. You might find it a bit less costly. You should already know that the eggspress will avoid bringing the type of visitor that your task in hand needs. It is part of the game programming.

Don’t forget about boats that don’t come in even after waiting over 8 hours and it still says another 4 hours on boat timer.
    Try logging into that farm so you boat will come after 4 hrs.
    Actually what you say is possible if you are watching that farm boat dock from another account and the farm you are watching is not logged in at that time.
    Same goes for the Eggspress train. It will not arrive in your town until after it is due and you are logged into that account and go to your town layout.
    Last edited by dtx725; December 7th, 2019 at 12:35 PM.