Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Rose and collecting

Rose and collecting

I'm fairly certain that the things Rose and Ernest do, never count towards the derby.
    However, I did recently notice that the things Rose can do, counts towards the valley. Particularly when there are sun points for feeding cows, I've noticed it counts.

So I'm wondering... has something changed?
    I only ask because the mystery derby stuck me with collecting bacon, but only gave me 33 hours to do it. If I didn't have to work, it would be totally doable, but between work and sleep, I'm not sure I can make it.

I know I probably should have waited a day to take another mystery task (when I'd have more free time), but then I run the risk of picking up a task that leaves me idle for the hours and hours (like feed 25 goats). It seemed optimal to get the next task started before work...

It was a gamble, I took it, I may regret it...

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vever View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the things Rose and Ernest do, never count towards the derby.
    However, I did recently notice that the things Rose can do, counts towards the valley. Particularly when there are sun points for feeding cows, I've noticed it counts.

So I'm wondering... has something changed?
    I only ask because the mystery derby stuck me with collecting bacon, but only gave me 33 hours to do it. If I didn't have to work, it would be totally doable, but between work and sleep, I'm not sure I can make it.

I know I probably should have waited a day to take another mystery task (when I'd have more free time), but then I run the risk of picking up a task that leaves me idle for the hours and hours (like feed 25 goats). It seemed optimal to get the next task started before work...

It was a gamble, I took it, I may regret it...
    Oh dear! As you note, the Mystery Derby is a gamble!

You are right in your observations; Rose and Ernest's work does not count towards Derby tasks. On the other hand, in the Valley Rose feeding animals is a helpful way of increasing sun points; that work does indeed count.

It's even more helpful now we don't lose additional points when we spin the fuel wheel. I used to find it frustrating when I'd carefully planned how to hit 20 sun points, only to notice that Rose was feeding animals and messing up my calculations.

I hope this helps, and good luck with the bacon!

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Thanks for confirming lol it is what it is!

I might have to recruit my family to help The first harvest isn't for another half an hour, then the 2nd harvest I'll be at work. I can do it when I get home, but then I'd need 3 more feeds tomorrow. If I get up early enough, I might be able to do 2 before work, but the 5th harvest when I get home, would fall right around the time the task is to expire. I'd be cutting it super close!

I'm going to ask my kid to knock out a harvest while I'm at work. Then I was even thinking about setting an alarm and getting up in the middle of the night to do it. lol
    Not gonna lie! wouldn't be the first time :X
    Last edited by Vever; 1 Week Ago at 06:33 PM.

ugh.. finally my day off, was hoping to make a dent, and the first task I pull.... collect (another) 64 bacon